Fuming! Someone's crashed into our S3 and driven off.

I can't believe they handed back the car looking like that! That's a disgrace !! I had similar results (although not as bad ) last year with a wing repair and had to pile on the pressure to make sure it was sorted - They 'forgot' to paint a whole panel! I hope you get to the bottom of this and finally get to enjoy the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Good job the insurance company insisted on needing to use OEM Skoda parts. Perhaps they also need to pay attention to using competent repairs too.

It's all a bit, no, very crap really!

• Like 1

I feel for you Derv. That's a shocker. How the insurer can allow that is beyond me. Total and utter muppetry.

I wish you well second time round. Don't settle for anything you are not 110% happy with - although I get the feeling you won't!

• Like 1

H3lls teeth, I've seen 3-yr olds paint better than that! Which body shop did it? Just so we know where not to allow our cars to be taken?

You're not kidding. My one year old could probably do better! It was Nationwide Crash Repair, the largest chain in the country. To be fair they usually get top reviews on Trust Pilot etc and when the RAC trailered it off for me they said 'Oh this shop is top notch mate, you've dropped on'... Not this time! Maybe they let the work experience lads loose with it being a weekend repair? Or maybe they just know 99% of customers treat their cars as appliances and would just think "Great the huge scrape/dent is gone, yay". Who knows? As someone about to take my third AD qualification and looking to take my response course (as well as being an armchair detailer) I tend to have an eye for the details. Worse luck for them!

Good job the insurance company insisted on needing to use OEM Skoda parts. Perhaps they also need to pay attention to using competent repairs too.

It's all a bit, no, very crap really!

I feel for you Derv. That's a shocker. How the insurer can allow that is beyond me. Total and utter muppetry.

I wish you well second time round. Don't settle for anything you are not 110% happy with - although I get the feeling you won't!

Thanks guys. You're right, I'm obsessive over my cars and unlucky for the body shop I have time on my hands. :D

• Like 1

Blimey Derv what a shocker. If they're that bad with the bodywork it makes me wonder what kind of a job they've done underneath with your damaged suspension. Think I'd be inclined to get it inspected properly before accepting it back regardless of whether they've sorted the paint issues.

• Like 1

You're not kidding. My one year old could probably do better! It was Nationwide Crash Repair

I see your problem regarding the paint job.....a building society wouldn't really have the expertise, personally I would have tried Iceland!!

(sorry to make light of your awful situation)

• Like 1

I have to be honest, your message first came a bit across like one of those people that always complain and nobody can ever satisfy.

Then looking at the picture, which isn't even a good picture, that is the worse job I have ever seen any Panel beater shop ever do.

That is such a **** poor job, I wouldn't trust any work done.

Just an apology from the shop with promise to repair isn't good enough. Do you have some government body over there where you can sent in an official complaint?

These guys need their license pulled. I just can't see any qualified Tradesman do such shonky work.

I have to be honest, your message first came a bit across like one of those people that always complain and nobody can ever satisfy.

Not to me it didn't ....

• Like 1

Then looking at the picture, which isn't even a good picture, that is the worse job I have ever seen any Panel beater shop ever do.

That is such a **** poor job, I wouldn't trust any work done.

Just an apology from the shop with promise to repair isn't good enough. Do you have some government body over there where you can sent in an official complaint?

These guys need their license pulled. I just can't see any qualified Tradesman do such shonky work.

To be fair mate, I'm not sure how being annoyed the body shop have scraped down a whole side of my new car constitutes being someone 'who always complain(s) and nobody can ever satisfy'. I bet you'd be pretty peeved if a shop did that to your new motor. They didn't even have the decency to scrape the side that had already been damaged! :D As far as I know there's no licensing involved, so nothing to revoke. I'm currently awaiting a phone call to say the car's on its way back to me - again. They rang at close of business last night to say everything had been fixed 'properly this time' and that they'd deliver it back today. Fingers crossed, but the knot in my stomach isn't holding its breath......

:party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party:

The car has just been dropped off. It's been re-repainted, and had a proper full polish followed by a fine polish top to bottom. I have been on my hands and knees with a strong light source over the whole car, and it is immaculate. Credit where it's due, I dare say the complaint prompted them to assign an experienced staff member. It looks even better than when it was delivered from the factory, as they've really polished the orangepeel out and put a good mirror finish on it. They even polished the piano black trims on the doors (both sides), which were heavily scratched already. Back to good as new! I'm going to be very, very careful for a couple of weeks while the paint gasses off, and then it'll be getting layered under the strongest paint protection I can find. I've got my baby back! :clap: :cocktail: :thumbup:

They have put £15 of petrol in it for me and the Columbus is showing it's done 36mpg since refuelling, and 32mpg since start (i.e. dropping it back to me). So it seems they did at least respect it and not rag the nuts off it. Thanks for all the kind words of support, advice and encouragement guys. You're a good bunch. Now... To find some B roads!

That's brilliant news, now get out on those 'B' roads and enjoy......just a shame they couldn't have done all that in the first place!

• Like 1

That is really great news Derv, as Uncle Wang has said its a real shame they didn't do that the 1st time!

• Like 1

Thanks again guys, it's nice to see this little owners club is so full of genuine people.

You can't beat a happy ending... Ask Nick H. ;):D

Only once a year though ..... :giggle:  :moon:

• Like 1