bright silver or cappuccino beige

rit

I may be in a minority here but I prefer cappuccino. I think it makes the car look classier than it actually is, especially when clean.  Ford has a similar colour and I think it makes a huge difference to the looks of the new Mondeo, which I'm not over impressed by generally. But as ever, colour choice is very subjective.

Thanks djj. My heart says beige but my head says silver because I know it's more popular.

The silver just seems so bright on a sunny day

Were there two shades of silver produced by Skoda a few years ago? The bright silver and a duller shade

Edited by rit

I saw an cappucino beige Octavia for sale on line recently at a Skoda dealer and thought it looked pretty classy. Good price too. Go against the grain. Go beige. Might even be the same car!

Silver is now sooooo Yesterday.

It was popular 10 years ago, but I have seen few recent cars in Silver.

White / Black are the current trends, followed by dark Red

(I have no statistical evidence for this, just the empirical evidence of my eyes as they ramble around the country - sometimes under my control, frequently independent.)

I agree. Go bold - beige.

silver looks good, but after a while it starts to look like unfinished metal.. esp with newer cars for reason..

Beige F***** the resale value IMHO.

By all means lease one in beige, but don't own it.

If you Google car resale value by colour you'll see (if you find the most current data).

Last time I looked (18 months back) it was clear white is now more fashionable than silver. Beige never has been.

For instance the difference in selling price between an average family car in white and one in an unpopular metallic was around £1000 at the 3 year point - and that ignores the £500 to £1000 that one paid for the metallic paint in the first place.

Edited by camelspyyder

I think the silver needs a black roof to "set it off", then it looks great. I went for Cappuccino with Gobi Sand Leather trim and have to say, to me, it's perfect............

I am disabled and am unable to wash the car as often as I'd like and find the Cappuccino never looks really dirty and when polished has a bit more warmth than silver. The Gobi sand brightens up the cabin substantially and the leather looks better after 16,000 miles than the black leather did in my Tiguan when I sold it with 15,000 on the clock.

As discussed elsewhere - it's that word "beige" which is the problem. All the variations by different manufacturers look good, from dark bronze to pale gold.

IMHO.

Silver is done to death, the Octavia style suits Cappucino and it keeps clean longer. Octavia buyers tend to like the expensive looking colours, personally, I'd go further to Topaz Brown for the ultimate expensive look.

Best way is to flip a coin with a colour for heads and colour for tails and see which side you are hoping it falls on-then you'll know!

(I paint cars for a living!)