Ice Scraper really works!

Rather pointless post but never mind!

Last Friday morning on holiday in Tummel Bridge, Scotland. Went to car, temperature 1deg.C, (May!) windscreen completely frozen over. No de-icer in car  then I remembered the ice scraper in fuel flap. It worked like a charm so another reason to buy an Octavia!  :D

• Like 1

UK spec cars unfortunately don't get the Webasto and I can confirm that it takes only a very slight frost for the fuel flap which contains the scraper to be completely frozen shut, so if you need fuel best get it in the evening before the car has frozen up overnight, along with the two rear doors which also freeze solidly too and can't usually be opened!

UK spec cars unfortunately don't get the Webasto and I can confirm that it takes only a very slight frost for the fuel flap which contains the scraper to be completely frozen shut, so if you need fuel best get it in the evening before the car has frozen up overnight, along with the two rear doors which also freeze solidly too and can't usually be opened!

Theft proof in winter > Simply Clever!!

:D

• Like 3

Heh...better than avensis anyway - few of my friends from my former office had those as company cars. Windows were ok, but the fuel filter had a design flaw and was collecting water to form an ice clog in case of any low temperatures. So fluffy flip-flops - checked, bathrobe - checked, hot water, tee or whatever to give a wake-up shower to the filter - check!

Rather pointless post but never mind!

Last Friday morning on holiday in Tummel Bridge, Scotland. Went to car, temperature 1deg.C, (May!) windscreen completely frozen over. No de-icer in car  then I remembered the ice scraper in fuel flap. It worked like a charm so another reason to buy an Octavia!  :D

Nowhere near as pointless as some posts...

• Like 1

Frozen fuel cap - get your wallet out and use an old plastic card. Takes a bit longer but still works, unless of course your wallet is frozen solid!!!!

• Like 1