Broker orders cancelled by Skoda UK

Anybody heard a dicky bird from SUK?

It's all gone very quiet. Empty promises yet again to keep me and others involved informed.

Seems they were keen to gather some evidence and now they are not so chatty.

Hopefully no news is good news and they are getting ready with our NCD prices and a £1000 fuel card as compensation for the inconvenience [emoji2]

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

I built a car via the Alfa Romeo website configurator about four years ago. I added a certain type of 18" wheels which the configurator very nicely showed me how my car would look.......all good so far.

I then specced it identically via DriveTheDeal and, satisfied with the large discount, placed an order and the very next day a dealer got in touch, confirmed the order and took my £1,000 deposit. Again, so far so good.

Three days later, the same dealer phoned me and sheepishly told me the computer said no......."you can't have those wheels on that model"........"yes you can" I said, I configured it and it let me........"I know" said the dealer, "I've just done exactly the same but when we try to submit the order to the mainframe system, those wheels aren't an option".

So I asked him to escalate it to Alfa Romeo UK Customer Care. Their best response: "on the website in small print is the phrase "subject to availability" - we only build a certain number of cars of each spec and those are no longer available".

A mealy mouthed reply, I got my £1,000 back without fuss but they made ZERO effort to keep me as a customer.

One of the most bizarre business models I've ever encountered.

Mate, I ordered a 159 in Carbonio Black. It arrived in Stromboli Grey, missing blue and me, and had left hand drive front seats.

But atleast it arrived.

• Like 1

Looks the biz

It has some very nice features, it being in my driveway is my favourite so far.

You'll never guess through - shhhh! (keep this to yourself). We agreed a price for the car yesterday, and today I gave them that money, and they gave me the car! Nobody said a word, it was like this was what normally happened there.

• Like 3

It has some very nice features, it being in my driveway is my favourite so far.

You'll never guess through - shhhh! (keep this to yourself). We agreed a price for the car yesterday, and today I gave them that money, and they gave me the car! Nobody said a word, it was like this was what normally happened there.

Lovely looking car. Great colour too.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Good news, my new Superb has arrived!

At first glance it looked like a superb from that angle. Can you say where you saw these advertised and in stock?

At first glance it looked like a superb from that angle. Can you say where you saw these advertised and in stock?

Audi in Stirling. It wasn't advertised however. Edited by firebits

So, got the call from Kate. Skoda UK have reached the decision that they cannot sell the car at the original price, however if I call Simpsons Skoda I could discuss a new deal for the Superb.

I took the call hands free in the Audi, it worked fabulously. Sound quality was excellent.

Edited by firebits
  • Like 3

I spoke to Kate just before you I guess, thanked her for being a polite messenger over the last month, pity she was unable to forward even the slightest morsel of goodwill.

I nearly posted this morning that today would be a good day to announce bad news, I wasn't wrong.

Here's hoping that all those with cancelled orders have luck and pleasure from whatever cars they end up purchasing be it a another Skoda or another marque. It's been a right p in the a but in the great scheme of things..................

So, got the call from Kate. Skoda UK have reached the decision that they cannot sell the car at the original price, however if I call Simpsons Skoda I could discuss a new deal for the Superb.

I took the call hands free in the Audi, it worked fabulously. Sound quality was excellent.

Lol, good for you.

Funnily enough, I had the same call while on the way back from work in Passat.

• Like 1

My tattoo says Mippi but Mississippi when angry UncleWang

Reminds me of the joke about two nurses discussing a young male patient; one of the nurses was in her early 20s, the other a Hattie Jacques type character in her 50s.

"When you were giving him a bed bath, did you see the tattoo on his thingy?" said the older nurse, "it says Ludo".

"Don't be silly" giggled the young nurse, "it says Llandudno".

• Like 1

I spoke to Kate just before you I guess, thanked her for being a polite messenger over the last month, pity she was unable to forward even the slightest morsel of goodwill.

I nearly posted this morning that today would be a good day to announce bad news, I wasn't wrong.

Here's hoping that all those with cancelled orders have luck and pleasure from whatever cars they end up purchasing be it a another Skoda or another marque. It's been a right p in the a but in the great scheme of things..................

Not really following this much but what was your outcome?

Glad to see firebits has sorted something out.

• Like 1

Hello mate

None of us got any recompense from our cancelled orders as far as I know.

Regardless of this episode I find Skoda no different from the majority of marques, they're all as good and bad in similar portions from my experience. For the price I don't think there is a similar alternative to the Superb which I still think is a great car so my order through a dealership remains and I hope to collect the car on Sept. 1st.

• Like 1

Hello mate

None of us got any recompense from our cancelled orders as far as I know.

Regardless of this episode I find Skoda no different from the majority of marques, they're all as good and bad in similar portions from my experience. For the price I don't think there is a similar alternative to the Superb which I still think is a great car so my order through a dealership remains and I hope to collect the car on Sept. 1st.

Did you get a choice of dealer, or was it Simpsons?

Did you get a choice of dealer, or was it Simpsons?

I chose my own dealer, funnily enough part of a group I use to work for (Motorline), a reasonable discount, not quite NCD numbers, but those numbers turned out to be worthless anyway!

• Like 1

Don't know. My point was in regard to why fleet discount exists. They make large orders and get discount. Buying one of anything is unlikely to get you that same bulk discount. I can't really understand why people in here don't get that.

You're wasting your breath if you have to explain that business model.

If I order 50,000 Mars Bars a month from Cadbury, I expect to be able to negotiate a better discount than Peggy's Market Shop that orders 50 a month.

If Cadbury tell me my discount is the same as Peggy's then I tell them they can stuff it and I won't stock their product.

It's not rocket science; maybe some black and white line drawings are needed?

I chose my own dealer, funnily enough part of a group I use to work for (Motorline), a reasonable discount, not quite NCD numbers, but those numbers turned out to be worthless anyway!

Sounds reasonable, I have a number of test drives booked early next week and an introductory broker who will give a good discount, again not quite NCD but not too far off. Have already spoken to dealer to confirm pricing. Seems my options are:

1) Original car @ current rate

2) Reorder car @ current rate for delivery in Sept with new plate... option to reconsider spec and colour

3) Go for something else.....

Just need a big family wagon that can live with 80% town traffic so have to avoid the DPF

Thanks. Happy with my purchase. I couldn't get the Skoda but I managed get a very decent Audi instead. Talk about a first world problem!

It's a bit of a transition, it's taking a while to adjust and I've discovered that I now have 3 different sat nav's, perhaps this is one too many. I don't have all the toys that the new Superb would have but I need to loose that mentality, it's a different car and that's it.

When Kate called and I was in the new car and she was talking about contacting a dealer who has screwed us all over here I was like "nah, yer alright. I'll just keep what I've got thanks".

You're wasting your breath if you have to explain that business model.

If I order 50,000 Mars Bars a month from Cadbury, I expect to be able to negotiate a better discount than Peggy's Market Shop that orders 50 a month.

If Cadbury tell me my discount is the same as Peggy's then I tell them they can stuff it and I won't stock their product.

It's not rocket science; maybe some black and white line drawings are needed?

love to see cadbury supply you with Mars bars. Think you mean Mars! Sorry used to be in that trade.
  • Like 1