Broker orders cancelled by Skoda UK

Believe me, I know how you feel....I was paying cash for the top model estate with a huge discount and my delivery was immanent, so obviously made and in the country, and had an email on Friday saying it was pulled by Skoda.....initially gutted, but now VERY angry!

I'm so sorry to read this, I'm not optimistic but hope a solution with a positive outcome can be achieved.

Although nervous about ordering a car "online", all the reviews for NCD that I've read are 100% positive and certainly apon making the order with Nick I felt completely assured, there was no hard sell as far as the car was concerned but I did say that I was nervous about buying this way for the first time, Nick went onto to tell me that NCD is primarily a finance company with a long and excellent pedigree that is comprehensively regulated.

It would be interesting to know just how many orders have or will be cancelled.

I'm so sorry to read this, I'm not optimistic but hope a solution with a positive outcome can be achieved.

Although nervous about ordering a car "online", all the reviews for NCD that I've read are 100% positive and certainly apon making the order with Nick I felt completely assured, there was no hard sell as far as the car was concerned but I did say that I was nervous about buying this way for the first time, Nick went onto to tell me that NCD is primarily a finance company with a long and excellent pedigree that is comprehensively regulated.

It would be interesting to know just how many orders have or will be cancelled.

I think all this is completely out of NCD's hands to be honest...I hope all goes well for you, but IF your order is cancelled, try "buyanewcaronline".....when I last looked their discount was a tiny bit more than NCD!

I think all this is completely out of NCD's hands to be honest...I hope all goes well for you, but IF your order is cancelled, try "buyanewcaronline".....when I last looked their discount was a tiny bit more than NCD!

When did you last look? Their website is currently down, I wonder why?

I've been keeping an eye on this thread, and I'm gutted for those left hanging in limbo. What a terrible situation.  :no:  Regardless of what has (or hasn't) happened behind the scenes it's a terrible way to treat what are at the end of the day paying customers. I hate to say this but Škoda just don't seem to be what they used to be on the customer service / aftercare front, and stuff like this is just salt in the wounds. 

FWIW I noticed last month that you can get a BMW 335i/345i and even 5 series for under 30k through the same online brokers, which is Superb money really. If I was in this position I'd be reconsidering my position carefully and looking for the best deal I could find, regardless of what marque I settled on in the end. Best of luck for a decent resolution guys. :thumbup:

I've been keeping an eye on this thread, and I'm gutted for those left hanging in limbo. What a terrible situation.  :no:  Regardless of what has (or hasn't) happened behind the scenes it's a terrible way to treat what are at the end of the day paying customers. I hate to say this but Škoda just don't seem to be what they used to be on the customer service / aftercare front, and stuff like this is just salt in the wounds. 

FWIW I noticed last month that you can get a BMW 335i/345i and even 5 series for under 30k through the same online brokers, which is Superb money really. If I was in this position I'd be reconsidering my position carefully and looking for the best deal I could find, regardless of what marque I settled on in the end. Best of luck for a decent resolution guys. :thumbup:

Thank you for that, I do like the BMW's having previously had a couple of 1 series, trouble is...I have to virtually jemmy myself in and that includes the 1/ 3 and 4 series and I'm not fat! also annoys me that virtually everything is an option with so many brands these days, which really adds up when you start speccing it. That's why I'm leaning towards the CX5 sport nav, where paint is virtually the only option.....just a shame the petrol engine seems a little anemic and no four wheel drive which is reserved for diesels as usual...grrrr!

• Like 1

Thank you for that, I do like the BMW's having previously had a couple of 1 series, trouble is...I have to virtually jemmy myself in and that includes the 1/ 3 and 4 series and I'm not fat! also annoys me that virtually everything is an option with so many brands these days, which really adds up when you start speccing it. That's why I'm leaning towards the CX5 sport nav, where paint is virtually the only option.....just a shame the petrol engine seems a little anemic and no four wheel drive which is reserved for diesels as usual...grrrr!

I had the 6 before I got my Superb, and only the lower of the two petrol engines (145ps versus 165ps). I did test drive the higher powered model (the only one available, naturally) and have to say that you wouldn't really regret it. Will it blow your face off and beat everything off the lights? Nope. But does it have plenty of power for daily driving, a superbly talented chassis, fantastic driver engagement and feedback (steering, brakes, butt dyno)? Absolutely. I'd have another in a heartbeat. The CX5 is taller and less aerodynamic of course, and hence a little noisier at speed, but don't discount them on power alone is my advice. Like the little MX5, they aren't muscle cars but they are very entertaining in their own right. Again, good luck either way and keep your Briskoda friends updated. 

• Like 1

I had the 6 before I got my Superb, and only the lower of the two petrol engines (145ps versus 165ps). I did test drive the higher powered model (the only one available, naturally) and have to say that you wouldn't really regret it. Will it blow your face off and beat everything off the lights? Nope. But does it have plenty of power for daily driving, a superbly talented chassis, fantastic driver engagement and feedback (steering, brakes, butt dyno)? Absolutely. I'd have another in a heartbeat. The CX5 is taller and less aerodynamic of course, and hence a little noisier at speed, but don't discount them on power alone is my advice. Like the little MX5, they aren't muscle cars but they are very entertaining in their own right. Again, good luck either way and keep your Briskoda friends updated. 

Thank you, I had a good look round a CX5 and a 6 in a showroom yesterday and I must admit I did prefer the CX5!  I had a 3 Venture a couple of years ago and really liked it, made a mistake getting rid of it really...oh well. I have asked the local Mazda dealer for their best price, but haven't had a reply as yet....best I have seen online is just over £4k off!

• Like 1

In my case, no chance....they are bound to want full price for it (£37k) instead of the £29k I was going to pay....so basically Skoda can "get bent" as far as I'm concerned.

Had a look at a CX5 today.....may well go for that!...will wait and see what happens in the next week!

It’s easy to ask this in hindsight, but were you always completely confident that such a huge discount was a ‘sure thing’?

Just sent a scathing complaint to Skoda UK......lets see if they bother replying to it!

I imagine if I were in a senior position at Skoda UK and happened to read your letter I’d feel even more strongly that I did the right thing for ‘my’ business. They must secretly regard the new Superb as a ‘premium car’ (ssssh, don’t tell any VW or Audi brand managers) and such heavy discounting just trashes that; it looks really bad.

I, too, feel some sympathy for your position, especially as delivery was seemingly imminent. However, having paid full price and therefore in a sense being on the other side, I am also relieved that Skoda has taken action to effectively protect the residual value of my car a little better.

I imagine if I were in a senior position at Skoda UK and happened to read your letter I’d feel even more strongly that I did the right thing for ‘my’ business. They must secretly regard the new Superb as a ‘premium car’ (ssssh, don’t tell any VW or Audi brand managers) and such heavy discounting just trashes that; it looks really bad.

I, too, feel some sympathy for your position, especially as delivery was seemingly imminent. However, having paid full price and therefore in a sense being on the other side, I am also relieved that Skoda has taken action to effectively protect the residual value of my car a little better.

Again, why is it me (and others) being penalised, I ordered in good faith and if people are being truthful who wouldn't go for a £8k saving as opposed to paying full price or thereabouts at a dealer...rather in my pocket than theirs! as I stated earlier, I will give it a week and see what happens, then I will be contacting Jackie magazine and the like....ultimately its their loss as my family and friends and me will never darken Skoda's doors again!

Also, BMW among others are heavily discounted and aren't doing too bad out of it!!!!

Edited by UncleWang

True enough, I'd take the discount too if it was from a source in which I absolute confidence. But it's clearly like buying other stuff 'cheaply' online; there's often a catch – in my experience, anyway.

Here's the other perspective again:

I could send Skoda a letter thanking them for finally doing that as I did genuinely feel my car was devalued – not just in monetary terms – by being flogged at such low prices.

True enough, I'd take the discount too if it was from a source in which I absolute confidence. But it's clearly like buying other stuff 'cheaply' online; there's often a catch – in my experience, anyway.

Here's the other perspective again:

I could send Skoda a letter thanking them for finally doing that as I did genuinely feel my car was devalued – not just in monetary terms – by being flogged at such low prices.

It is worth noting that NCD and other brokers are still heavily discounting other Skoda models.

Also, BMW among others are heavily discounted and aren't doing too bad out of it!!!!

Brand new models? I doubt that.

Come to think of it, I think I'll send my Skoda dealer a link to this thread and suggest to them that they might pass it to head office.

Brand new models? I doubt that.

Come to think of it, I think I'll send my Skoda dealer a link to this thread and suggest to them that they might pass it to head office.

Just have a look at online brokers....plain to see, and go nuts, see if I care!!!!!!

• Like 1

Oh yes, I have noticed this and the Superb is still heavily discounted elsewhere online!

You've stated in an earlier post that you think this is "out of NCD's hands". If this is the case and it's purely down to Skoda putting an embargo on the Superb being discounted by brokers and the like, then I will be surprised if we see Broadspeed and Drivethedeal still offering discounts in the days to come.

If they do go forward discounting then it's safe to assume it's a NCD problem.

I expect to receive this email in days to come, guess I'll be last on the list only having placed the order last week. I'd be interested to see your email if you'd be prepared to share it via pm.

You've stated in an earlier post that you think this is "out of NCD's hands". If this is the case and it's purely down to Skoda putting an embargo on the Superb being discounted by brokers and the like, then I will be surprised if we see Broadspeed and Drivethedeal still offering discounts in the days to come.

If they do go forward discounting then it's safe to assume it's a NCD problem.

I expect to receive this email in days to come, guess I'll be last on the list only having placed the order last week. I'd be interested to see your email if you'd be prepared to share it via pm.

Have sent, other people have had exactly the same email as well.

• Like 1

Email just sent to dealer:

Re: Discounts on Superb

Hello xxx,

You may be interested in this: http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/400859-broker-orders-cancelled-by-skoda-uk/page-2 , and may wish to pass it to Skoda UK.

If you didn’t know it already, ‘eurotraveller’ is me.

With increasing dismay, I’ve been watching on that forum how the Superb was / is being devalued – in both monetary and image terms – by such heavy discounting. This is clearly contrary to my interest as much as it is yours.

Regards

• Like 1

Email just sent to dealer:

Re: Discounts on Superb

Hello xxx,

You may be interested in this: http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/400859-broker-orders-cancelled-by-skoda-uk/page-2 , and may wish to pass it to Skoda UK.

If you didn’t know it already, ‘eurotraveller’ is me.

With increasing dismay, I’ve been watching on that forum how the Superb was / is being devalued – in both monetary and image terms – by such heavy discounting. This is clearly contrary to my interest as much as it is yours.

Regards

Strewth......i'm sorry, but "get a life" springs to mind! more fool you for paying full price!

• Like 1