Broker orders cancelled by Skoda UK

I expect Skoda UK deserve as much blame in all this as NCD. Most of the car manufacturers, and definitely Skoda, tacitly accept broker sales. They cater for a section of the market who do not need and are not prepared to pay for the full franchised dealer service. If Skoda prevented these sales, the customers would turn to other brands.

I suspect that what happened here is that the NCD deal became a victim of its own success. This forum, and may be others, probably played a part in that. NCD provided a great service with huge discounts and word got around. For every user posting here to say that they bought through NCD, there are probably dozens of others who remain silent.

Presumably Skoda decided that too many private customers were being diverted from the dealer network and pulled the plug. The supplying dealer is probably most to blame, for not managing the sales volumes within sensible levels.

When all the fuss has died down in a few weeks time, the whole process will start again. Possibly with smaller discounts.

I suspect none of us will ever know the facts of this debacle but I think your thoughts are most likely spot on.

This afternoon with nothing better to do I composed a lengthy email which also contained the responses from NCD and sent them to the Skoda UK Managing Director...... Duncan Movaggashi, to my surprise a reply came within a couple of hours, the email had been forwarded on to CS, however it came as no surprise that it was an automated response asking me for my personal contact details, chassis number of my car and the dealership I bought the car from. Not bad seeing I had only ordered the car a week ago from NCD!

Still, at least the email went to the right place initially and was most probably read by his PA. I've also spoken to couple of brokers today who still say it's business as usual and know nothing of this issue, will be interesting to see if that remains the case.

As far as  I can see, no-one has made  what I regard as  the obvious  comment in that anyone buying any car  via  a  discounting Broker is well advised to  pay the ABSOLUTE minimum deposit. What has happened here  with N C D  could happen with any broker and any car and model. Also, make the deposit via a Credit card, which I think may provide some protection?

The other observation I would make is  there seems to be no comment by any of the Moderators?

• Like 1

As far as  I can see, no-one has made  what I regard as  the obvious  comment in that anyone buying any car  via  a  discounting Broker is well advised to  pay the ABSOLUTE minimum deposit. What has happened here  with N C D  could happen with any broker and any car and model. Also, make the deposit via a Credit card, which I think may provide some protection?

The other observation I would make is  there seems to be no comment by any of the Moderators?

I made the minimum deposit (£500) by credit card and when my order was cancelled it was immediately paid back.

Very tempting but I would be more inclined to just keep it in my garage and stare at it as to me, its a work of art!

Golf?

Oh you know how to tease me haha. OK let's have a bash:

1) BMW 340i touring

2) Mondeo 240ps ecoboost / Mustang V8

3) Jaguar F Type V8

Am I warm?

Brrrr....icy, though I have considered the beemer and mustang in the past!

CX5 petrol!!!.....there you go....whoosh!

I posted a message on this thread about 30-40  mins ago but it does not seem to have appeared for some reason. What I said is :-

It seems sensible to me that anyone who intends buying any car of any make and any model  via  a Broker would be well advised to pay the absolute minimum deposit , preferably  using a Credit card which may well  provide some protection in the event of a contract being cancelled by the broker or supplier.

The other observation was I don't see any comment from the Moderators on this subject.

I posted a message on this thread about 30-40 mins ago but it does not seem to have appeared for some reason. What I said is :-

It seems sensible to me that anyone who intends buying any car of any make and any model via a Broker would be well advised to pay the absolute minimum deposit , preferably using a Credit card which may well provide some protection in the event of a contract being cancelled by the broker or supplier.

The other observation was I don't see any comment from the Moderators on this subject.

It did show up, at least I can certainty see it.

Nice motors, I still miss my 6 at times. Which engine and variant did you go for mate? I had the 145ps petrol, but wished they sold the 2.5 high powered variant over here. You'll certainly get fast delivery from Mazda and shouldn't have any trouble from it. They're decent motors and nicely built. What colour did you go for? Enjoy it either way! Edited by Derv

I posted a message on this thread about 30-40  mins ago but it does not seem to have appeared for some reason. What I said is :-

It seems sensible to me that anyone who intends buying any car of any make and any model  via  a Broker would be well advised to pay the absolute minimum deposit , preferably  using a Credit card which may well  provide some protection in the event of a contract being cancelled by the broker or supplier.

Interesting, when I checked, more than once,my original  message was not on board, whereas in the past, messages appear as soon as they are posted/sent.

Interesting, when I checked, more than once,my original message was not on board, whereas in the past, messages appear as soon as they are posted/sent.

You posted it at 22.04 and UncleWang replied to you (including a quote of your post) at 22.09?

Citroens  seem to have very poor residuals?. I assume the CX5  you refer to is a Citroen? And also get very much discounted when new   by their main agents

Goes for any major purchase with a lead time, my refund was prompt as I guess everyone else's has been too.

What comment do you expect the moderators to make?

The CX5 is a Mazda mate. See my post above yours.

Thanks, Mazda is a make I am not familiar with!.  As to my original posting etc  it was much earlier than you say by an hour.

I have just checked the N C D website and they are  not " stocking " any Skoda's  at all at present. From when it does not say but it looks as though either  Skoda have cut them off or they have done so themselves, the latter I would find surprising?.

Thanks, Mazda is a make I am not familiar with!.  As to my original posting etc  it was much earlier than you say by an hour.

It looks as though the times showing on Postings   on Briskoda's w/site is an hour adrift from reality, slow in fact.

I have just checked the N C D website and they are  not " stocking " any Skoda's  at all at present. From when it does not say but it looks as though either  Skoda have cut them off or they have done so themselves, the latter I would find surprising?.

Carwow ? are still quoting  Skoda's , including  Superbs but they are not really brokers  but put you in touch with the most competitive  dealer

No way, Uncle thinks that a grey Golf R estate is too "boy-racer", where-as SWMBO's youngest thinks that it's the wrong colour & has zero "street-cred".........

DC

Fair enough. In fact he's gone for the CX5. Coincidentally, my Mazda 6 and CX5 brochures arrived in the post this morning!

No way, Uncle thinks that a grey Golf R estate is too "boy-racer", where-as SWMBO's youngest thinks that it's the wrong colour & has zero "street-cred".........

DC

Haha you can please some people, some of the time... etc. To be fair Uncle Wang has said he very emphatically won't be touching VAG again, so a Golf was never a viable guess as to his new order. ;) 

It looks as though the times showing on Postings   on Briskoda's w/site is an hour adrift from reality, slow in fact.

Working perfectly for me. It sounds like your settings are incorrect. Click your name at the very top right of the page (next to 'Sign out'), and then click Settings. On the page that loads is a 'Time zone' box. Under that is 'Automatically detect DST changes' (or words to that effect). Make sure it's set to GMT/London and that the box is TICKED, and then save by clicking the button. It should alter the times you're seeing so they are now correct. :thumbup:

• Like 1

I was of the same opinion as oldgits in wondering what comments you were expecting? Has there been an issue which required a moderator's intervention that has passed us by or did you want an 'official' Briskoda viewpoint on this debacle?

I was of the same opinion as oldgits in wondering what comments you were expecting? Has there been an issue which required a moderator's intervention that has passed us by or did you want an 'official' Briskoda viewpoint on this debacle?

At some stage  the thread was possibly/ hinting at  criticising Skoda, so it would not have been beyond  expectation that a Moderator would have  made some comment.  They have come to light now, though.