MIB1/MIB2 Columbus ECE 2016/2017 Maps Direct Download Link

Well the update portal has updated today.

DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME DOWNLOADING THE HIGH12_P157_EU_2017 MAPS AS SKODA HAVE MADE A MONUMENTAL **** UP AND THE CONTENTS OF THE ZIP FILE ARE RoW MAPS COVERING ASIA AND INDIA ETC!!!

You couldn't make this **** up!!

• 3 months later...

My Update Portal has just changed to next maps available in May, so what has become of the November download is anyone's guess.

Well if you take it that they do updates every 6 months, then add 6 months to tomorrow's date and you arrive on May 1st 2017.

Excellent maths, but what happened to the November update? The last one was supposed to be in May, although it was very late appearing.

Edited by Paulius55

Downloaded and installed yesterday... after finally managing to work out how to get the unit to recognise the update on the card. Beats the 13/14 maps on there originally.

As previous poster - no real issues downloading the new map and updating if a new map appears :)

Downloaded, installed, worked quickly and first time 10/10 would download again.

All good here! It was the ROW maps so has a bunch of stuff in the files other than AUS/NZ, but all went as it should.

Minor annoyance - you are better downloading on a Windows PC rather than a Mac as under Windows you get a resumable download manager, whereas my Macbook Pro just started downloading the file directly...and then dropped the connection about halfway through and I lost progress.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi

As a 2011 Superb owner of 4 days I noticed the Sat Nav required updating, I visited the Skoda infotainment site and entered my Vin, to be told "update only by DVD contact dealer", i did and the lady at the dealers said I have to purchase the DVD for around £200. I cannot believe this is correct how can this be justified?

Hi

As a 2011 Superb owner of 4 days I noticed the Sat Nav required updating, I visited the Skoda infotainment site and entered my Vin, to be told "update only by DVD contact dealer", i did and the lady at the dealers said I have to purchase the DVD for around £200. I cannot believe this is correct how can this be justified?

Presumably you have the RNS 510 Columbus unit? It's only the newer gen Superb and Octavia with MIB Columbus and Amundsen units that has the free map updates from the Skoda portal. All the older Columbus units need a map update DVD which you can get from a dealer, or can obtain from various sources on the internet to download and burn to a DVD yourself (think you need Dual Layer DVD - also not strictly legal iirc but possible).

To recap I have a Superb MK2 it has a Columbus sat nav which maybe a RNS 510 or not?, I allegedly have to use DVD to update, the only update files I can find are 25GB which means multiple DVD's, mine has a SD Card slot Could I use this? which is the current version of map files?  Any help would be gratefully received.

To recap I have a Superb MK2 it has a Columbus sat nav which maybe a RNS 510 or not?, I allegedly have to use DVD to update, the only update files I can find are 25GB which means multiple DVD's, mine has a SD Card slot Could I use this? which is the current version of map files?  Any help would be gratefully received.

It might be worth asking on the MKII Superb forum as there may be more experienced users on there

Thank you. I will begin a search, can you tell from the physical appearance if it is a RNS 510?

Just Google RNS 510 and you should see straightaway. I tried uploading a pic of mine from my MK2 Octavia but the image file size is too large.

It has to be if it's a Columbus unit in a MK2 Superb though, and you've confirmed it has the dvd slot and sd slot on the front of the unit.

Thanks for you reply, I am sure that it is a RNS 510 but don't understand why the Skoda site says update by DVD only when it has a SD card slot?

See https://paulroberts69.wordpress.com/2015/10/01/upgrading-firmware-and-maps-on-vw-rns-510-satnav/

The maps can be updated using the SD card, but the firmware can only be updated using the DVD slot.

When the Skoda website refers to "updating" it's referring to the firmware and not the maps.

Thanks for that, do you happen to know am I able to update the maps without updating the firmware? or will there be capacity issues.

I'll have to let someone with an RNS510 answer that (I have a MIB1 Amundsen).

As said earlier, you are better asking in the correct forum for your car than here...

What did you do differently? I seem to be having trouble getting it to recognize the update.

I copied the whole folder originally to the root of the sd card, with the MIB1 and MIB2, and the text file inside it. As soon as I removed the top level folder and put the MIB folders and text file to the root, it worked.