Advice, Swap over AC for Climate Control?

Hey guys!

Tomorrow I am picking up my Fabia Colour Edition. Cant wait! So excited!!!!

It comes with standard AC unit which is great but I was wondering if it possible to swap over the AC unit control unit and install Climate Control unit??

Is this possible?

Apologies if this has been covered, I searched but I didn't find any information.

Thanks guys for any advice :) 

Oh that subject has been covered many times on these VAG forum, it must be possible, anything is - cost, well that is another thing, probably less than £2000? (an out of the blue guess)

Would require new control panel, dash harness, possibly a heater box and labour to do it all would be phenomenal

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Or just order a car to the spec you really want ;)

Either way - I'm sure your Fabia will be excellent from what I've read about it, and it has AC so it'll be cool when you need.

Climate is an unnecessary complication IMHO (I've got one with CC and two with AC)

Edited by camelspyyder

Swap over in question on the Fabia doesn't make any sense financially.

.. Climate is an unnecessary complication IMHO (I've got one with CC and two with AC)

I disagree here, the main reason being it's just strange to buy a modern car with 'stove buttons' under the dash, looks and is really cheap.

Tõnu

• Like 1

I disagree here, the main reason being it's just strange to buy a modern car with 'stove buttons' under the dash, looks and is really cheap.

Tõnu

The buttons/dials are the same as the Polo, Ibiza, and A1, just without the chrome trim (although... I wouldn't mind swapping out the the dials for chrome faced ones!). The Fiesta, Corsa, Clio, 208, etc all have similar dials when not fitted with climate control. Hell, the Fiesta's climate control dials look pretty horrid too.

You won't find many cheap cars with nicer HVAC controls at this price point. The Climate Control version is much nicer IMO, but whether or not you feel like the upgrade is worth it (be it the individual option, or upgrading to the SEL)

Tõnu

Show us a picture if its a Manta A...

Does it have CC?

Yes let us see the Manta!!

Anyway, when I first spec'd a car up to CC my logic was based on the fact that CC can be forced into diagnostic mode - then I bought VAG-COM ! Trouble is CC can be forced into diagnostic mode, but I have never noticed it replacing any of the wayward flap motors!

Also, in the past when buying a new car with CC, soon after I look out for a NOS controller going cheap on eBay - and bid low, currently I have a spare controller for both previous cars!!!

Sorry, no pics to show of the Manta ('84 2.0 GTE) as I had it almost 20 years ago and it wasn't in good condition anyway, finally rust ate it unfortunately. You could only dream of AC back then :). As far as I know AC was never offered for the Manta.

Tõnu

After driving my fabia and using the AC I am satisfied. It's a real shame it would cost an arm & a leg for the change over!

I have retro fitted an arm rest instead which is just amazing comfort! Happy man for now!

Looks like I started a little debate here....

I've been looking for an armrest on eBay that doesn't cost a fortune. Thinking second hand from a wrecked car, but as they're quite new, and only the SEL comes with the armrest as standard, they're few and far between.

Tõnu

I disagree. I deliberately didn't go for Climate on my Polo - after getting used to the dial positions on my Citigo I prefered to be able to just KNOW what  the setting was basd on where the dials were twisted to rather than have to look down at the little display. Also much less fiddly whilst on the move to quickly twist to different settings than tap the tiny buttons on the climatronic, which I had on my previous Fabia. I agree that the cabin doesn't look as good with the "old-fashioned" dials, but I feel they make up for it in terms of practicality.

Edited by Didescharlie

I like the climate control system Mazda have on the 2. It's single zone, like the Fabia (or Polo) systems, but it uses a conventional rotational dial but with a setting for 'Auto' on the blower and vent control knobs, which is for when you want climate control. 

2015-Mazda2-AC.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I had tiny buttons labelled ac and recirculate in my mark 1 fabia.  If I pressed one a light came on.  If I pressed the other no light came on.

This was their only function. They added no cooling effect whatsoever.  In 12 years of driving back and forth from s London to Luton, oh how I loved the summers in my black fabia.  At lights I,d open the door to let the fug out and the summer air in just to cool the car.  Problem was it was a 1.4 mpi that just kept going and going.  I now know who a boiled egg feels which has been forgotten on the hob.  Hope you,re "AC" unit does better than mine.

Edited by bumble72

On 23/06/2016 at 16:46, vc-10 said:

I like the climate control system Mazda have on the 2. It's single zone, like the Fabia (or Polo) systems, but it uses a conventional rotational dial but with a setting for 'Auto' on the blower and vent control knobs, which is for when you want climate control. 

2015-Mazda2-AC.jpg

Can u lend it to me ;-)

^^^ So what do you have now, do you have A/C, 

and do you use recirculate any time other than when behind something belching out fumes?

My AC is on all the time just now, yesterday in the peeing down rain and 4*oC or lower temps with the heating at 18*oC or so as otherwise the windscreen is steamed up as is all the other glass.

Even when it is inhibited this week end in temps around freezing the A/C will stay at on, and the heating whacked up.

Time i might not use it is in Summer time if sunny when the windows are open, just heating to low, or A/C on if someone complains at being too hot..