Aftermarket Options

Anything can be retro-fitted but at what cost?

Certainly new Bi-xenon headlights.... £££ possibly new controller also.

So basically no, if you want SLA then buy a car with it fitted.

Anything can be retro-fitted but at what cost?

Certainly new Bi-xenon headlights.... £££ possibly new controller also.

So basically no, if you want SLA then buy a car with it fitted.

Yeah, would have done had I fully appreciated what SLA was but hey ho we are where we are. Just wondering if anyone else had this added and at what approximate cost.

I would say you are looking at £1,000 + for the lights alone, then you have the coding and possibly controller upgrade.

I ordered SLA and would have rejected the car if it had arrived without it fitted.

The brochure and dealers are quite vague IMO regarding SLA.

Yep, ordered it and never got it, please make sure you have this correctly ordered if you want it, but I did order before the car was officially released and the salesmen were not up to scratch on all the options, I guess it should be better now that they have learnt about the car.

The brochure and dealers are quite vague IMO regarding SLA.

Not just that feature, I think there's plenty that's vague and not clear! The website doesn't help either.

Just program light assist (rather than smart light assist) using VCDS if you had xenon lights. It will automatically adjust low to high beam and vice versa when it spots a car. I find this more than enough.

Just program light assist (rather than smart light assist) using VCDS if you had xenon lights. It will automatically adjust low to high beam and vice versa when it spots a car. I find this more than enough.

You don't have to have for that a camera fitted?

I have the SEL so I have xenons with light assist. I thought this was simply dipped beams on/off. If it also does the full beam, how is it enabled? I tried to read the manual but it is so unclear!

In SEL you can't. I already asked that question few months ago. generally for hi beam you have to have camera. SEL have only infrared sensors which working well with rain and on/off lights when is dark. Unfortunately do not work with hi beam assist.

• Like 1

Sorry... Yes it's a bizarre set up. £85 gets you a pretty uninteresting feature but crucially the very useful camera which allows a clever person with VCDS to code the £850 lane assist, and £150(?) light assist.

I suppose I answered myself really, thinking about it. TSR is pretty unspectacular so no one would pay much for it, but lane assist is a pretty useful aid to ease long motorway journeys and make the ride more comfortable - that's something people WILL pay for. I guess what it really shows is the multifunction camera costs Skoda naff-all to produce and fit :)

• Like 1

I'd assume Gizmo's comment from further up would still apply - it should be possible in theory but I imagine you would pay way over the odds for it, if you could find someone to do it.

I wonder if the camera can be retrofitted itself or does the wiring not exist without ordering it.

There is no wiring for the A5 Camera, if the car wasn´t build with the camera.

Bugger! Does that mean that I cant go through with my cuNing plan of ordering thw bits from TPS and fitting it all some weekend?

You just ruined my weekend! Why would you do that?

Lol, my bad for deleting the TSR from my original order and swapping it for Auto Hold (most excellent). You live and learn

Bugger! Does that mean that I cant go through with my cuNing plan of ordering thw bits from TPS and fitting it all some weekend?

You just ruined my weekend! Why would you do that?

Lol, my bad for deleting the TSR from my original order and swapping it for Auto Hold (most excellent). You live and learn

The wiring loom is no biggie as you could possibly buy it or worse case make it yourself, but you will also need the controller, mirror / camera surround and if you want it to look OE then a windscreen also  :o