1.4tsi L&K, colour dilemma

Moggo

Hi All,

I am pretty much decided on the above car but colour choice is difficult, mostly down to the brown seats!

Can some of you post pics of your L&K cars showing the seat colour against outside colour if possible? Or point me in the direction of a thread that may have this?

We already have a white 1.2tsi which we love and want to add another.

Don't see white going well with the brown but unsure, thinking maybe black or one of the grey colours.

Decisions!

time For A clean

The brown is ok, can only show inside car here and there is a lot of brown. 2014 superb.

Edit,its fairly easy on the eye and for outside colour i would have the jungle green,its an interesting colour.

Shame skoda only do 1 seat colour on their top of the range l&k and no auto on the 1.4 petrol.

The l&k has a sunroof and that wil brighten up the inside.

Good luck.

Edited by james0james

Personally I would stick with a natural colour: green or brown as IMO these work best with the brown leather.

This is our Jungle Green L&K?

IMG_1757_zpsdtg0rsqh.jpg

I've opted for Jungle Green with the new Yeti. Having seen it in the show room it does work well with the brown interior.

• Like 1

Why not buy an elegance instead (like we did) then you can have grey, black or cream seats and avoid those hideous brown poo coloured things.

The brown seats are actually not that bad (your opinion obviously differs though) but they will only ‘go’ with certain colours.

If you specced an SE L (Elegance) up to an L&K’s level it would cost an awful lot more, I suppose if you hate the brown so much you may consider it to be worthwhile paying the extra couple of grand over the L&K’s pice... just don’t expect to get a penny extra for all the options over a basic SE L when you come to sell the car.

I think the brown seats look great actually. They certainly look good against the metallic black in my opinion and I think they'd be fine against moon white too. Magnetic brown would be another good option.

Definitely think the car looks smaller in metallic black than it does in white.

Edited by Nick P

Gizmo's photo above is probably as accurate as you're going to get. They can be quite difficult to photograph, and may appear to be brighter than they are, depending on the photographic settings used.

I had a look at a white L&K the other month and was pleasantly surprised by the interior. I thought I'd hate it, but it worked well :)

I still think they should offer some L&K flexibility, but that's how things are so we'll just have to live with it!

But if I had to choose an L&K external colour, it would be Jungle Green :thumbup:

Here are some pictures that I've posted of TIBET III previously - L&K brown interior with Terracotta Bronze.

No one who has ever seen the car in the flesh has ever recoiled from the colours, indeed everyone has been most complimentary.

I admit that initially I had my reservations when placing the order but the spec far outweighed any concerns that proved groundless in any case. I'm sure that most people who have a negative view of the L&K interior have never actually seen it for real.

The exterior colour is also one that the vast majority like when they see it - especially the colour changes it goes through as the ambient light alters (in common with many colours).

Brochure pictures rarely do justice to the real thing.

21h3.jpg

ik82.jpg

p9o3.jpg

g754.jpg

oj3r.jpg

dbd9.jpg

Wbyw4i.jpg

j90AgP.jpg

3iG9dD.jpg

jPG28f.jpg

PS There some minor tweaks to the original L&K bits to be noted - more black, less silver...

Edited by aerofurb

I've opted for Jungle Green with the new Yeti. Having seen it in the show room it does work well with the brown interior.

Congratulations, you've chosen the best colour - IMHO. The dark brown leather goes well with it, and I too had initial reservations but was very pleased when I saw it in the flesh

Being dark brown I reckon the interior would look pretty good with the Petrol Blue as well.

Even the muddy brown dashboard trim in mine, which some hate, looks fine in my car, which has a black interior.

Otherwise I think I'd go with the Jungle Green or one of the shades of brown.

Edited by VAGCF

I think petrol blue is probably the most dull, disappointing shade of blue to ever be used on a car. But yes, if you don't mind it, the brown would look OK with it.

Edited by Nick P

Here are some quick phone photos of our pretty mucky black L&K...

They make the brown leather look a little lighter than it really is. It's a nicer shade in the flesh.

post-8571-0-87314000-1468347244_thumb.jpg

post-8571-0-39476200-1468347256_thumb.jpg

post-8571-0-57798400-1468347263_thumb.jpg

Edited by Nick P

I think petrol blue is probably the most dull, disappointing shade of blue to ever be used on a car. But yes, if you don't mind it, the brown would look OK with it.

Thanks!

Good job my other cars a little brighter then! :D