MY2017 - comfort sunroof open/close

Hi,

I took delivery of my new S3 MY2017 on 21st June. Immediately I noticed two issues. Memory seats were not working and sunroof would not close or open if I tried to long press buttons on remote control. I went back to dealer twice. On first visit they failed to fix any of issues. Today they managed to get the seats working but did not succeed to enable comfort function on sunroof. They found out that wthis function was not available anymore despite being described in revised owners manual for May this year. They even stated that there is a recall going on to disable this function on cars that have it. 

Can any of you check if you can open/close sunroof with remote control and state your model year.

I got a letter a couple of weeks ago about the recall for the sunroof to disable the key function.

I shall not be taking mine in for this as I like the convenience of the key function and there is no way whatsoever of anybody being in the car to get their head chopped off while I am locking it!

Mine is a 2016 build.

• Like 1

Hi to all,

Had mine in to the dealers for Rear Bushes windscreen washers and sun roof,

Asked the dealer not to do the sunroof as we are not going to leave any numbtys in the car with the ignition key. All we had to do was sign a disclaimer.

So not a problem, but I think you must tell the dealer not to do it.  I don't know if it can be reversed by VDS or what ever its called

Hope this helps> Car L & K 280 Estate

Mayoboat

I can confirm that on my Superb MY2017 (Slovenija) sunroof doesnt work if i try to open with remote Key. Only the side windows open/close.

Dealers usually don't listen customer requests, so it looks like we need to find solution ourselves (VCDS).

As mentioned above, there is a recall for the washers & sunroof for cars built before MY17, you can decline these, as I have done, & sign a disclaimer. I've no issue with my washers & find the sunroof function very useful so thanks Skoda, but no thanks!

Oh dear, I hope that this is not an issue in Australia, though I suspect it may be world wide. We had a similar issue a few years ago with our Saab that they disabled it retrospectively (or I should say 'tried to' because I told them to get stuffed...).

I don't know how all the other brands seem to allow this function but they can't..

Can someone with Kessy confirm if it works from the door handle button or is it completely disabled?

No I don't think so as I left mine open on a sunny day a few weeks ago and a thunderstrom passed overhead, I had forgotton it was open and the interior was soaked, it did not close!

Mine is a 2016 hatch which opens the windows and tilts the roof with the key fob, and slides and closes the roof and windows with the key fob.

No recall for me so far and if I do I'll ask them not to do it, I like things the way they are.

No I don't think so as I left mine open on a sunny day a few weeks ago and a thunderstrom passed overhead, I had forgotton it was open and the interior was soaked, it did not close!

Was your windscreen wiper stalk set to the Auto position? I believe this is the trigger for the auto roof and window closing in the rain. Check it with a glass of water on the windscreen

I hate to be shamelessly optimistic here... But maybe it only applies to the wagon with the panoramic roof? Can anyone confirm if the hatch is affected?

It does indeed only apply to the optional "panoramic" sunroof on the Combi/Estate/Wagon, not the optional "standard" sunroof as fitted on the Hatch.

Do other cars in the VAG stable that have a panoramic roof have the comfort open/close feature from the key? If so are they all part of the recall?

• 2 months later...

The recall is here: http://www.dft.gov.uk/vosa/apps/recalls/searches/expand.asp?uniqueID=E8D3C47B99D4818E80257F8C004ACC21&freeText=Blank&tx= . The affected VINS are at the last line

Reference :        R/2016/071

Manufacturer Ref :         97BV

Make:   SKODA

Model : Superb III

Launch Date :    06/04/2016

Numbers Involved :       366

Build Start Date :            01/05/2015

Build End Date :              01/04/2016

Recall Details

Concern :           SUNROOF MAY INJURE OCCUPANTS WHEN IT IS CLOSED FROM OUTSIDE VEHICLE

Description :      On certain vehicles with Panorama sun roof the legally specified limits of the clamping forces for convenience opening and closing of the sun roof may not be kept. When closing the Panorama sun roof from outside with the vehicle key (convenience closing), if any body parts are in the operating area of the sun roof they can get pressed against the roof frame and possibly get injured.

Remedial Action :           Recall the vehicles that are likely to be affected and deactivate the convenience opening and closing of the Panorama sun roof. To do this the software for the on-board supply control unit and the sun roof control unit must be updated/ configured.

Vehicle Id :        TMB???NP?G7011401 to TMB???NP?G7073721

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I took delivery of my new S3 MY2017 on 21st June. Immediately I noticed two issues. Memory seats were not working and sunroof would not close or open if I tried to long press buttons on remote control. I went back to dealer twice. On first visit they failed to fix any of issues. Today they managed to get the seats working but did not succeed to enable comfort function on sunroof. They found out that wthis function was not available anymore despite being described in revised owners manual for May this year. They even stated that there is a recall going on to disable this function on cars that have it. 

Can any of you check if you can open/close sunroof with remote control and state your model year.

I took delivery on 10/10. My sun roof does close remotely with the key.

Took mine for a service yesterday and they disabled the key function for the sun roof , asked them not to do it but they said they had to for legal reasons etc.

Anyone know how to restore the function?