LED number plate lights

1 hour ago, WayTooTall said:

I don't know where you get £37 from. 

They would be less than £20 from Skodadop inc delivery.

when i added two items and selected UK for delivery it comes Total: 874.00 Kč  (look at the attached picture) which is almost £31..and also there will be a charge on credit card for foreign currency transaction. I mean if I add all the bits and bobs.....

Briskoda.JPG

Yep I went with the "mini" delivery option too. 

Foreign transaction fee is usually only about 1.5% so it's almost negligible on such a small transaction in the first place.

• Like 1

Didn't receive any email corresponding to the purchase..strange!!! money gone out of the account long ago..seller should normally send email saying that Item is being dispatched. guys, is it normal?

what was your experience of buying these items? 

• 2 weeks later...

I've received the item today and tried to replace existing one..it fits in normal way but if i want to put it other way round as everyone is saying I need some shaping..how did you guys do it and once you do it is it possible to take it off and reinsert it? 

please see the picture and advise me more. 

reg light.JPG

10 minutes ago, automass said:

I've received the item today and tried to replace existing one..it fits in normal way but if i want to put it other way round as everyone is saying I need some shaping..how did you guys do it and once you do it is it possible to take it off and reinsert it? 

please see the picture and advise me more. 

reg light.JPG

I fitted mine the way around that it goes in without needing any cutting and they've been perfect. The light is more than adequate.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ahenners said:

I fitted mine the way around that it goes in without needing any cutting and they've been perfect. The light is more than adequate.

Really!!! but someone posted a picture of the difference if we can put it other way round. I wish if I can see the picture of your car..but well, thats the easy way to start with..may be i will give it a go and see how they look like.

24 minutes ago, automass said:

Really!!! but someone posted a picture of the difference if we can put it other way round. I wish if I can see the picture of your car..but well, thats the easy way to start with..may be i will give it a go and see how they look like.

Unfortunately I don't have a photo where I can show the light, and obscure my registration plate. Wait till it goes dark and see what the light is like, can always take them back out and fit the other way if it's not good enough for you.

In a video on Youtube of the Facelift Octavia in a showroom, the LED number plate lights are mounted the same way around as I have them - and this is from the factory. See attached images.

It may be possible to get more light if you mount it the other way around, but I think it's possible to have too much light on the numberplate (see this often where non-OEM LEDs are used) and I find this way around more than adequate.

DSC_4609.JPG

FLNPLED.PNG

FLNPLED2.PNG

Edited by ahenners
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I fitted these yesterday and followed the advice of cutting the tabs. Once it was dark I checked them and they should be fitted the other way round, ie with tabs in place.

the reason it shines the light backwards is due to the number plate being on an angle. My day job is vehicle approvals and I will put a choc hobnob on the lamps being fitted with the tabs in place .

check my photos, with the tabs removed you get 2 hot spots, the way round that it fits with the tabs in place gives a very even light spread, ( I have also left mine at 100% as 127% was too bright)

1ED63A0A-C867-421E-A03E-16FBC7454F5B.jpeg

ED39CD6E-819C-406D-806A-394A98C49772.jpeg

• Like 1

On 29/10/2017 at 05:46, M7R said:

I fitted these yesterday and followed the advice of cutting the tabs. Once it was dark I checked them and they should be fitted the other way round, ie with tabs in place.

the reason it shines the light backwards is due to the number plate being on an angle. My day job is vehicle approvals and I will put a choc hobnob on the lamps being fitted with the tabs in place .

check my photos, with the tabs removed you get 2 hot spots, the way round that it fits with the tabs in place gives a very even light spread, ( I have also left mine at 100% as 127% was too bright)

1ED63A0A-C867-421E-A03E-16FBC7454F5B.jpeg

ED39CD6E-819C-406D-806A-394A98C49772.jpeg

2nd one looks much better and correct. For confirmation this is the normal way i.e. fits without cutting the tabs?

Great work in doing both ways and putting pics up so people can see :)

31 minutes ago, ahenners said:

2nd one looks much better and correct. For confirmation this is the normal way i.e. fits without cutting the tabs?

Great work in doing both ways and putting pics up so people can see :)

I agree second photo is the correct way - at least for me and the lights I used, I had to cut the tabs.

Mine were, if memory serves me right, OEM lights for a Skoda Rapid.

The second photo is WITHOUT cutting the tabs, so as they are fitted to the Rapid etc, and ties up with the photos of them on the Supurb up thread.

if you have cut the tabs they still fit fine, it just means you can put them in the wrong way round as well.

1 hour ago, M7R said:

The second photo is WITHOUT cutting the tabs, so as they are fitted to the Rapid etc, and ties up with the photos of them on the Supurb up thread.

if you have cut the tabs they still fit fine, it just means you can put them in the wrong way round as well.

Might very well be, since I also first cut the tabs cause everyone instructed to do so, but after I went to try which way I liked them best and settled for similar as in second picture - I would need to go to car now to check how I actually fixed them ;)

WIth the tabs removed they still fit into the hole Ok, they have spacers round the edge to centre them which aren’t removed when removing the tabs. 

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 20/02/2019 at 21:03, foregonereality said:

Apologies for raising an older topic but I can't help but find this interesting.

Does anyone know what % brightness the factory fitted LEDs are set to on Octavias? Thinking about getting this done on my own.

Which LED's? Are you referring to a facelift model, and do you mean what % on VCDS/OBDeleven etc?  On the coding 100 should work just fine; you can enter 127 but it wouldn't make them brighter, they'd be the same as set to 100.

On 11/03/2019 at 15:16, stanian said:

These are the ones i have got. very reasonable €5.72 each. including fees from robbing banks £19.29 the pair including delivery which took 4 days. Original for Octavia 5E coding or resistors required.

https://www.skoda-parts.com/spare-part/000052110-led-number-plate-lights-skoda-25075.html.

Update! Fftted without any problems about 5 minutes the pair, didn't cut tabs off as it did look better on previous photo's. Will check them out when it gets dark. Happy days.