Buyanewcaronline : Orders Cancelled as of today !

Just got home & checked Email. Received one from Andrew Smallman of Buyanewcaronline to say all orders for Superb cancelled & will refund deposit. Apparently Skoda have stepped in & the Dealer can only supply on a Lease or Contract hire. Plus the price has gone up significantly if i wish to re-order afresh.

Hey Ho, you win some you lose some. I shall wait another year or so when large discounts become available again.

Just got home & checked Email. Received one from Andrew Smallman of Buyanewcaronline to say all orders for Superb cancelled & will refund deposit. Apparently Skoda have stepped in & the Dealer can only supply on a Lease or Contract hire. Plus the price has gone up significantly if i wish to re-order afresh.

Hey Ho, you win some you lose some. I shall wait another year or so when large discounts become available again.

Awww what a pile of ****.  Just a few weeks away from taking delivery of mine.  Not had the email yet myself, but it sounds inevitable now.  Guess I will look at a 2nd hand E-class, or a perhaps a Passat from another broker.

Ah that's a shame. I got my Superb through them back in March and couldn't fault the service. Amazing price I thought too, over £3k less than any dealer...

• Administrators

I fear there will be more as many of these 'broker' fronts popped up last year, or popped up could mean became much more well known.

For many reasons, see the New Car Discount topic, fleet sales get more discount, more than retail can frequently match. Exceptions when you get a really good deal, maybe a long time customer, or just lucky they need one more sale to make the bonus.

Generally, I'm seeing between 10 and 14% discount off retail (OTR) for cash sales for internet orders. The finance offers tend  to come in pretty close behind that. Arguably better to go finance and dump 28k into premium bonds v savings account atm imho... no I'm not a financial advisor :D

The real kicker, supply of superb is really low at the moment, demand still high, hence no 0% incentive. Loads of citigo in stock mind.

• Like 1

Got my official email this evening. Buy from them at a higher price with a further 12-14 week wait, or get a deposit refund. As we're on holiday at present, I've requested a refund and will rethink the whole thing when I'm back in Blighty.

Got my official email this evening. Buy from them at a higher price with a further 12-14 week wait, or get a deposit refund. As we're on holiday at present, I've requested a refund and will rethink the whole thing when I'm back in Blighty.

Buy at a higher price AND still have to wait 12-14 weeks??? Sounds like your original car either never got built! If that's the case, they should have told you earlier. Really sorry to hear that the NCD issue spread to other brokers.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Latest victim :(

Edit: although I have to say that I get the impression it's definitely Skoda interfering because of a large main dealer not being happy that they're being undercut.

Edited by maffyou

Latest victim :(

Edit: although I have to say that I get the impression it's definitely Skoda interfering because of a large main dealer not being happy that they're being undercut.

Sorry to hear that.  I am a little surprised that you've only just heard, as I had been under the impression that your original order went in just before mine.

Any plans? I'm waiting to see the specs of the Sportline and the upgrade options, which we should see officially next month. I'd consider giving one a test drive too, to see how it feels.  I'm also considering other options, from other manufacturers! Keeping my options open at the moment!

Sorry to hear that.  I am a little surprised that you've only just heard, as I had been under the impression that your original order went in just before mine.

Any plans? I'm waiting to see the specs of the Sportline and the upgrade options, which we should see officially next month. I'd consider giving one a test drive too, to see how it feels.  I'm also considering other options, from other manufacturers! Keeping my options open at the moment!

I told them I was on holiday between Monday 25th July and yesterday, so they didn't email me to pass on the bad news while I was away. I assume they knew pretty early.

I've not ruled other cars out, but nothing is getting my interest* the way the Superb does at the moment. I'm personally not overly fussed by the Sportline but the SEL is going to feel under specced as I was so close to having the L&K delivered. Still looking into things...

*nothing that I can reasonably afford anyway.

• Administrators

Why risk it? Well we know, it's a substantial saving! I can't imagine the rules will be fouled again, but equally I can't imagine skoda uk ignoring it again and again.

Dealers supporting this community are getting up to about 12%... ok it's 4% difference, £1.2k on a 30k model. You can claw that back in skoda promos, more in fact on 0% finance too.

• Like 1

Exactly that. 

Skoda will no doubt 'address' this situation again in due course.

We've just ordered a new Yeti on a PCP: 0% finance, £1,000 contribution, a good discount on the list price inc. the options, £750 free fuel and a really good offer for our current vRS. The only downer was the Monte Carlo (which SWMBO wanted) wasn't included in the campaign that was running at the time. The monthly repayment difference between that and a well specced SE-L on promotion was staggering.  

I thought about the broker option when I ordered my Superb, didn't like the idea, it varies with Carwow but I got a really good deal with them and it's of course direct with a main dealer. The only downside is you'll only get whatever offer a dealer wants to give you at that particular moment. I'll admit I was lucky with the Superb as the dealer in question needed to boost sales figures big time due to a recent showroom refurb. 

I looked at the broker route again with the recent Yeti order, but I'm more comfortable using a Skoda dealer that's 20 minutes down the road. 

I bought mine through Drive the deal and it was a normal Skoda dealer. Might try going straight to the dealer if this hits the other brokers.

Edited by ColinD
typo ;)

Well, this morning I ordered a Qashqai 1.2 N-Connecta which I'll have in 3 weeks (just in time for the 66 plates, not that it bothers me). Complete curveball choice really but got offered a good deal and after giving it a drive I quite liked it. Lots of nice kit in it - some better than the Superb in fact - shame I'll lose the leather seats but I can live without them, especially as I don't have them in my Octy.

I've heard all he arguments against the brokers, and I get it, I really do. But I can't help feeling very let down by Skoda. They stopped an active order, one which should've been delivered in the next week or so. And they've lost a customer as a result. If they want to change their terms and conditions for dealers, that's absolutely fine and they're entitled to BUT it shouldn't be retroactive; that's just mean-spirited. I'm not bitter, I'm disappointed. I'm not saying I'll never buy a Skoda again - if the price is right a Kodiaq might be a tempting prospect in 2/3 years, or even a Superb hybrid...

Sadly at dealer prices the L&K was going to be too expensive for me and as I'd been expecting it for 3 months the SE-L would've felt like a disappointment so, for now at least, it's a change for me.

Well, this morning I ordered a Qashqai 1.2 N-Connecta which I'll have in 3 weeks (just in time for the 66 plates, not that it bothers me). Complete curveball choice really but got offered a good deal and after giving it a drive I quite liked it. Lots of nice kit in it - some better than the Superb in fact - shame I'll lose the leather seats but I can live without them, especially as I don't have them in my Octy.

I've heard all he arguments against the brokers, and I get it, I really do. But I can't help feeling very let down by Skoda. They stopped an active order, one which should've been delivered in the next week or so. And they've lost a customer as a result. If they want to change their terms and conditions for dealers, that's absolutely fine and they're entitled to BUT it shouldn't be retroactive; that's just mean-spirited. I'm not bitter, I'm disappointed. I'm not saying I'll never buy a Skoda again - if the price is right a Kodiaq might be a tempting prospect in 2/3 years, or even a Superb hybrid...

Sadly at dealer prices the L&K was going to be too expensive for me and as I'd been expecting it for 3 months the SE-L would've felt like a disappointment so, for now at least, it's a change for me.

I was in exactly the same boat as you with NCD, having it pulled from me abruptly a week before delivery after waiting three and a half months. Still their loss and I am more than happy with what I got in the end.

Funnily enough, I have just noticed a red secondhand 280 L&K estate very similar to the one I ordered on Autotrader going for well over £10k more than I was paying, amazing!!!

I was in exactly the same boat as you with NCD, having it pulled from me abruptly a week before delivery after waiting three and a half months. Still their loss and I am more than happy with what I got in the end.

Funnily enough, I have just noticed a red secondhand 280 L&K estate very similar to the one I ordered on Autotrader going for well over £10k more than I was paying, amazing!!!

I remember. It's really frustrating but I'm convinced it's of Skoda's making, at least in the sense that they have intervened to stop/cancel orders/deliveries. All because of a main dealer group complaining they were being undercut...

Just looked up that estate on auto trader. I'll keep my eye on adverts over the coming weeks - a manual, black L&K hatch with ventilated seats should be fairly easy to spot when it appears!

• 3 weeks later...

So after the disappointment after having my broker order for a L&K cancelled a few weeks before delivery, I finally ordered a new car today.

Went through CarWow and amongst some good offers from dealers, received one for around a 20% discount against the RRP of a car with numerous options.

The car? A Passat estate, R Line 150 manual. Comes with a sunroof & active display etc and I ordered tow bar, DVD Nav upgrade, elec boot, park assist and a few other bits. 11 week wait. All for a few hundred more than my original broker Superb order. Recent Superb quotes were for at least 2 grand more. Very happy (again), or will be if I actually get a car this time.

Only time will tell!

Edited by Markhasta