Fabia vRS vs Ibiza cupra 160

xeman

my mates bought one of these and when we was out earlier he was definatly pulling away from me:(

When I fit my dragon tuning box will I be able to keep up or is more money going to have to be spent?

Ben

Should definately level things out... you may still be a bit behind though :eek:

Remember the Fabia not only loses out in power, but is much heavier and the Ibiza probably has better traction due to the fact it's putting more rubber down onto the road!

OK, can anyone explain to me what it is that makes the Ibiza "much lighter". I've seen the figures, but for the life of me, I cannot understand why a car without an FMIC, without huge brembo brakes, without bigger wheels, such as the Cupra has, should weigh (according to their figures) over 100 kg more. It just doesnt make sense, considering they are virtually the same car. Surely 2 doors cannot weigh that much?

OK, can anyone explain to me what it is that makes the Ibiza "much lighter". I've seen the figures, but for the life of me, I cannot understand why a car without an FMIC, without huge brembo brakes, without bigger wheels, such as the Cupra has, should weigh (according to their figures) over 100 kg more. It just doesnt make sense, considering they are virtually the same car. Surely 2 doors cannot weigh that much?

The doors will make more a difference than just the weight of 2 doors as the Fabia likely requires more bracing of the shell to keep it reasonably stiff. Other small differences are probably to with better quailty dash plastics etc.. in the Fabia. Also the Ibiza Cupra's bigger wheels will weigh the same if not less than the Fabia's as they're OZ's.

A vote for "level pegging" from me, if the box is a decent quality one. :) But I still say over a longer distance the beezer will win, just. Obviously tables would be turned with a single decent remap on your car - CC, 1 click, Jabba etc. :thumbup:

A vote for "level pegging" from me, if the box is a decent quality one. :) But I still say over a longer distance the beezer will win, just. Obviously tables would be turned with a single decent remap on your car - CC, 1 click, Jabba etc. :thumbup:

Unfortunately though the Ibiza owner also has the option of a remap and then it certainly would have the advantage.

fair points guys, if I had wanted an ibiza though I would have bought one ( in fact would have got leon with the pd 150 engine and cupra r body kit )

I thought the engines were identical other than the turbo and intercooler?

• 7 months later...

Sure a techie will confirm but I'd doubt that it'd make a massive difference without the injectors and ECU changes to take advantage of it :confused:

FMIC would reduce heatsoak but bolting a bigger turbo straight on would require other work too I'd imagine.

have a different exhaust manifold as well and exhaust. revs happily to 5,000rpm

same as turbo as 150 boost is up from 1.5 to 1.55 with exhaust diffrencence.

i like the fabia was going to buy one , then came across the cupra tdi went for a drive and it was manic. so brought one, expensive to run compared to fabia i'm sure with ins grp15 :(

put mine on wiegh bridge 1200kg with back seats out 1150kg

got a 14.63 and 0-60 6.4 @ pod and gti inters.

especting 14.4 with new clutch and tweeks.

friend has a 130pd and when his remapp and mine standard i kept up, someone got 175bhp rr standard! get to a roundabout and this things dominate, break late massive fade free brakes and handling is spot on ;)

the 150/160 takes longer to spool than 130 so doing work on pipes and dp to change this.

my 2pence. new fabia vrs hopefully will have the 170 2.0 unit! may be tempted!

the 130pd fabia is still v quick driven one and felt v capable.