no rear wash.

daz_vrs

:confused: anyone had this problem.. ever since we had the snow before new years ive not been able to get the water to come out from the rear jet. obviously it had frozen up at the time but id expect it to be working by now. ive also blown 3 10 amp fuses that control my windscreen wipers since the freeze.

daz

I'm sure someone more techie will be along soon, but isn't the tube prone to detaching somewhere, like it does on the current shape Polo too?

Yep, check under the bonnet and also for dampness in the footwells and boot! Blowing 3 10A fuses doesn't sound good though - might be one for the dealer....

Chris

mine did this last week. If you can hear the pump activating but no water comes out then best way to check is get someone to press it while you look around the car. Chances are the pipe has come detached somewhere along the way - I believe there a several joins.

Mine had become detached under the airbox in the bonnet and just snapped back together, saved a trip to the dealers. You could also check if theres water in the boot as it comes off there too I believe.

Mine did same during hols. look under front wheels while somebody presses rear washer to see water and screen wash flooding out.

Took mine in to local Skoda garage as i couldn't see to get into pipework, they sorted it in less than 5mins ( no charge ), all they said was thats it fixed and so it was.

So don't know if its a burst or loose pipe. But must say that I had plenty of screen wash so it shouldn't have froze up.

The most likely place its come apart is under the bonnet, right hand side, top of bulkhead by ABS unit, the hose will just clip back together. If its not there, reply and i'll tell you the other places...

Be careful not to keep trying it unless your looking for the fault it happened in my mk4 a couple of weeks ago, didnt realise it was off until I realised all the water was running down the inside of the window, took ages to dry out and left a real damp smell in the morning and constant condensation on the windows til it dried out!!!

• 3 years later...
mine did this last week. If you can hear the pump activating but no water comes out then best way to check is get someone to press it while you look around the car. Chances are the pipe has come detached somewhere along the way - I believe there a several joins.

Mine had become detached under the airbox in the bonnet and just snapped back together, saved a trip to the dealers. You could also check if theres water in the boot as it comes off there too I believe.

I found the very same problem on my g/f's mk1 Fabia.

The 2 ends were quite easy to reach and re-connect with one hand

All is well again.

Rob

I found the very same problem on my g/f's mk1 Fabia.

The 2 ends were quite easy to reach and re-connect with one hand

All is well again.

Rob

:rofl: you dragged up a post from 2006 for this even though theres 500 posts about it in the last few weeks and a sticky at the top!

• 2 weeks later...

Mk1 octavias tend to pop the pipe in the boot, bhind he carpet infront of the CD changer, mine has popped of and soaked the boot. Also have really weird probles with the wipers, not turning off, HID washers only work when i turn the rear wiper on the off again with the lights on? suspect the wireing in the boot has been soaked and giving me these intermitant problems, their re a few conecters just under when the pipe pops off.

RE:- No rear wash on VRS Fabia. 25/01/2009

Checked wheel well where spare wheel sits, and found a small lake. After removing one of the rubber bungs I drained the lake dry.

Washer pipe detached itself from washer jet/nipple in rear window. After fighting to get rear tail-gate panels off re-connecting pipe to washer jet base nipple, then fight to get panels back into place on my own, was a nightmare.

So afterwards, I carefully drilled a 2 inch circular hole in rear tail-gate panel close to washer nipple. and placed a rubber bung into the hole, to make it look the part.

Next time pipe pops off, easy access will save me at least one hour of sweat and a whole lot of cursing, to refit pipe to washer jet/nipple.

Luckily no fuses blown, or electrics and wiring effected.

Edited by giandougl

had my mkI vrs at the dealers twice now for the rear wash, both times fixed for free. disconnected in the bootlid and beside the cd changer, needs another trip back to the dealer!!!!

The most likely place its come apart is under the bonnet, right hand side, top of bulkhead by ABS unit, the hose will just clip back together. If its not there, reply and i'll tell you the other places...

And I can confirm that one other reason for it popping off is lack of screenwash at any time of year -mine was bought from an independant ,who;dtopped up with water .I decided to empty system using washer in summer - few bursts later -nothing ,till pool found under car .