Superb Sportline, Which colour would you choose ?

Hi Members,

If you were ordering a Superb Sportline what colour would you choose from the choices available ?

Corrida Red

Moon White Metallic

Business Grey

Quartz Grey

Brilliant Silver

Black Magic Pearl

Dragon Green Metallic ( For Sportline only at a premium cost £800 ).

Everyones thoughts & reasons on colour will be interesting.

Regards.

I would be tempted by the Moon White Metallic, shows off the dark trim nicely and no mistaking for a taxi, put it with a nice set of alloys and probably the hatch. Corrida Red looks pretty good too.

• Like 1

Dragon green as it's pretty bonkers for a Skoda nowadays. I'd want black mirror caps and a small black boot spoiler to balance it a little. I'd have the estate anyway......

But £800? that's quite steep for some paint that doesn't seem overly special, bar the colour itself. 

• Like 1

Dragon green as it's pretty bonkers for a Skoda nowadays. I'd want black mirror caps and a small black boot spoiler to balance it a little. I'd have the estate anyway......

But £800? that's quite steep for some paint that doesn't seem overly special, bar the colour itself. 

Like I said earlier Skoda are now extracting the urine when it comes to extras.

I'd most likely go for the corrida red, but I do like the look of the dragon green metallic (it would break up the sea of white/grey/black cars that people own where I live)

• 3 weeks later...

I am having this debate on colour. I really want the Dragon Green and wife says I should go for, but part of me also wants a discrete sneaky Skoda that shocks people (planning on buying the 280).

I suppose with black accents over chrome it will never be discrete. 

I am probably mad for talking myself out of the Dragon Green and should just do it! I am bored of shades of grey white and black.

I am having this debate on colour. I really want the Dragon Green and wife says I should go for, but part of me also wants a discrete sneaky Skoda that shocks people (planning on buying the 280).

I suppose with black accents over chrome it will never be discrete. 

I am probably mad for talking myself out of the Dragon Green and should just do it! I am bored of shades of grey white and black.

If you want the discrete sneaky Skoda you don't want the Sportline ...

If you want the discrete sneaky Skoda you don't want the Sportline ...

Thanks Nick you helped answer my question. Dragon Green Sportline and blow the discrete!

• Like 1

Thanks Nick you helped answer my question. Dragon Green Sportline and blow the discrete!

Yeah that's a great choice. That's certainly what I would be doing if I was after a Sportline. It's a great colour !

It is now.... and I am somewhat disappointed!

Do you mean the sportline is in the configurator, or the Dragon Green is now in the configurator?

I still can not see the Dragon Green :(

If you mean Sportline, it has been in there for 2 days now. I am not disappointed, I am really pleased my specced up Sportline only comes to £700 more than the L&K I speced. I am disappointed that I can't yet select Dragon Green.

I was looking as well at the Sportline, but it would be significantly more to have a Sportline with Canton and DSG than a similarly specced L&K. Like you, I can't see how to even look at the Dragon Green colour... I think I'm still angling after the L&K and embracing my middle age with a degree of pride.

I am dissapointed that they haven't added the variable steering rack, lane assist or firmer sports suspension as standard.

Granted, its been lowered 15mm over standard but they don't say if it's any firmer. I don't want to spend £750 on the DCC system either.

No lane assist is a pain as well. I was hoping it would mirror the base spec of the Octy 3 VRS but it doesnt. If I were to change next year I'll be speccing the TSR as that's the backdoor option to gaining it for peanuts.

Other than that, I love the interior changes and mild bodywork fettling however would have preferred the Supernova alloys shown on the Motorshow demo car at least being available as an option.

Compared to my current SE L estate, a Sportline comes in about £700 more than mine with the same options ticked, minus the electric boot at £400. I'd be happy to lose that as I never wanted it in the first place, regardless of how easy it is to operate.

Edited by blahde2

I couldn't make out from the configurator nor you tube video but what are the dash and door inserts on the Sportline, piano black or brushed metal effect as on the SE L?

I specced one in red with pretty much same options as my SE L but this time with sunroof, so it would have a black roof and of course 280 4x4 dsg :). £33K, hmm wonder how much more that is a month on PCP than what I currently spend out? (£300 a month just over on 42 month term, 20K miles pa.)

I couldn't make out from the configurator nor you tube video but what are the dash and door inserts on the Sportline, piano black or brushed metal effect as on the SE L?

I specced one in red with pretty much same options as my SE L but this time with sunroof, so it would have a black roof and of course 280 4x4 dsg :). £33K, hmm wonder how much more that is a month on PCP than what I currently spend out? (£300 a month just over on 42 month term, 20K miles pa.)

Carbon effect trim.

however would have preferred the Supernova alloys shown on the Motorshow demo car at least being available as an option.

Me too. I plan to buy the super novas anyway and sell the Sportline wheels on the forums. Super nova are a slot better looking that the Sportline rims.

Me too. I plan to buy the super novas anyway and sell the Sportline wheels on the forums. Super nova are a slot better looking that the Sportline rims.

I thought you wanted all black rims, which Supernovas are not? Gloss black Phoenix are the only ones in 19" i think...