Brake Shuddering

Do you feel the shuddering in the pedal too? Thinking along the lines of warped disc possibly from caliper sticking. After driving feel each wheel to see if it's hotter than its counterpart on other side. 

Edited by FUBAR

Do you feel the shuddering in the pedal too? Thinking along the lines of warped disc possibly from caliper sticking. After driving feel each wheel to see if it's hotter than its counterpart on other side.

No don't think I did feel it through the pedal now you mention it.

It makes me think of either what #FUBAR said, or an ABS fault, which is better diagnosed with VCDS (not a generic "code reader") than a web conversation.

Is that a diagnostic machine that all garages use or is it specific to VAG?

Just sounds like the  the ABS kicking in to me. Happened on mine a few months ago when one of the  wheels skidded slightly on some oil or something.

Grab the wheel quarter to three and give a shake, might be track rod ends, my Mrs had on her car I thought it was a warped disc.

As in back and forward or one way then the other? What should I be looking for? Will the engine need to be on?

EDIT: Just done this and there sounded like there was a knocking sound from front right wheel area

Edited by Steven2016

As in back and forward or one way then the other? What should I be looking for? Will the engine need to be on?

EDIT: Just done this and there sounded like there was a knocking sound from front right wheel area

Torn console bush or worn TRE.

Will the light come on when I do this?

No; the light signals a failed ABS system.

The idea behind #20 is that you should be able to lock the brakes or fire the ABS doing that and feel what it's like.