8U0 955 559B VCDS default coding

Hi to all Skoda lovers & retrofitting geeks.

Would anyone of you, who owns an Octy 3 with automatic rain wiper & automatic headlights AND access to VCDS AND 8U0955559B RLFS sensor be so kind enought to check his default RLFS coding?

I retroffited this sensor (along with AUTO headlights switch) and all works fine, but I have problem sleeping because my sensor has AUDI options coded on byte 2 (02006C) and I have no Skoda options available in VCDS.

Thank you!

I hope this helps:

Subsystem 2 - Part No SW: 8U0 955 559 C    HW: 8U0 955 559 B  Labels: 8U0-955-559.CLB

Component: G397_RLFS  H06 0004 
   Serial number: 60868517            
   Coding: 00885D

Thank you, it helps.

Interestingly is that I tried coding it to 06885D, too see if rain closing works even though it was said it doesn't work on this type of sensor and... IT WORKS!

My car is MY2016.

Thank you, it helps.

Interestingly is that I tried coding it to 06885D, too see if rain closing works even though it was said it doesn't work on this type of sensor and... IT WORKS!

My car is MY2016.

Wow. Could you make a how to on the rain closing?. Edited by KjetilRos

To repeat my steps fully, this is how it goes...

1. Coded RLFS to 07885D (07 also enables "Highway lights"):

- 09-Cent. Elect 》 Coding - 07 》(select RLFS from drop-down) 》 manually enter 07885D 》Do it!

2. Then I made proper adaptations at 09-Cent. Elect.:

- (15)-Access control 2-Regenschliessen_ein_aus 》active 》 Do it!

- (16)-Access control 2-Regenschliessen_art 》 Permanent 》Do it!

- (28)-Access control 2-Menuesteuerung Regenschliessen 》 active 》Do it!

3. Then I went Car 》Settings 》Factory settings, on MIB2 and reseted Lights, Mirrors and Wipers, Opening and closing. After that I checked if Rain Closing was enabled under "Mirrors and Wipers" (it already was) and also parametered all other setting that changed to defaults with Factory reset.

4. And last I coded RLFS to 06885D (changed my mind midway through about having "Highway lights" enabled):

- 09-Cent. Elect 》 Coding - 07 》(select RLFS from drop-down) 》 manually enter 06885D 》Do it!

That was it. Closed and locked the car with all 4 windows slightly opened, waited a minute and tapped with fingers on my windshield where RLFS is.. Windows closed!

Keep in mind I have 8U0 955 559B and not 8U0 955 559C RLFS

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
On 1. 9. 2016 at 22:18, milanj said:

To repeat my steps fully, this is how it goes...

1. Coded RLFS to 07885D (07 also enables "Highway lights"):

- 09-Cent. Elect 》 Coding - 07 》(select RLFS from drop-down) 》 manually enter 07885D 》Do it!

2. Then I made proper adaptations at 09-Cent. Elect.:

- (15)-Access control 2-Regenschliessen_ein_aus 》active 》 Do it!

- (16)-Access control 2-Regenschliessen_art 》 Permanent 》Do it!

- (28)-Access control 2-Menuesteuerung Regenschliessen 》 active 》Do it!

3. Then I went Car 》Settings 》Factory settings, on MIB2 and reseted Lights, Mirrors and Wipers, Opening and closing. After that I checked if Rain Closing was enabled under "Mirrors and Wipers" (it already was) and also parametered all other setting that changed to defaults with Factory reset.

4. And last I coded RLFS to 06885D (changed my mind midway through about having "Highway lights" enabled):

- 09-Cent. Elect 》 Coding - 07 》(select RLFS from drop-down) 》 manually enter 06885D 》Do it!

That was it. Closed and locked the car with all 4 windows slightly opened, waited a minute and tapped with fingers on my windshield where RLFS is.. Windows closed!

Keep in mind I have 8U0 955 559B and not 8U0 955 559C RLFS

Hi Milan

I Have sensor 8U0 955 559 C, but rain closing not working.  :( Do not you know what the problem is? AutoWiping and Auto Light its works. ThankYou

3 hours ago, decebal said:

How do you install VCDS on your car?

You don't, you install it on a Windows PC/laptop/tablet which you connect to the car via a lead that plugs into the OBD socket that is just above the throttle pedal.

18 hours ago, Chris_kn said:

Hi Milan

I Have sensor 8U0 955 559 C, but rain closing not working.  :( Do not you know what the problem is? AutoWiping and Auto Light its works. ThankYou

The rain closing is problematic on MIB2 cars. It works for me only first 90 seconds after locking the car, after that BCM goes to some sort of hibernate and it stops working. SO don't bother with it, even if it's not working from the start - you won't get much of thus function anyway.

• Like 1

In my sensor ( 8U0 955 559 C ) there is no auto rain closing function option. But Coming Home / Leaving Home does not work :(

Edited by Chris_kn

On 5/24/2017 at 12:10, nidza said:

Do VCDS alternations void warranty?

No definite answer to this one. Some claim it does, some claim it doesn't (legally). It seems the common experience is that dealers don't make problems with this, but at the end it's at your own risk.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...