Skoda Kodiaq launch

@Lee

I love it...I think the wife will forced to have one in a year or two when the new release niggles are sorted. 

I really love the skoda brand!

• Like 2

Most SUV 7 sweaters are 3/4 aren't they?

I'm in this dilemma and will need a 7 seater, two child seats on the rears can't now fit my almost 10 year old on it.

I just don't want a people carrier though :(

• Like 2

Most SUV 7 sweaters are 3/4 aren't they?

I'm in this dilemma and will need a 7 seater, two child seats on the rears can't now fit my almost 10 year old on it.

I just don't want a people carrier though :(

This, this and thrice this.

Personally I need a car which can fit three child seats across. I had sort of assumed that this would be able to given it was always going to be so hefty, but looking at the specs I'm now not so sure. Looks like it's a Touran or an S-Max...

Personally I need a car which can fit three child seats across. I had sort of assumed that this would be able to given it was always going to be so hefty, but looking at the specs I'm now not so sure. Looks like it's a Touran or an S-Max...

I can sympathise having had three in car seats at one stage. Went megane scenic (hateful), s-max (solid choice), xc90 (20mpg!), caravelle. Now two are out of seats though a superb 3.

• Like 1

I looked at both today, and both have three isofix full size seats in the rear. The additional 2 in the boot is a nice to have, but then you're limited to where you store the buggy and bags etc!

I finally succumbed to the idea of a people carrier today when I was looking at the S Max Vignale (really nice spec). But actually now the Wife is saying they look dull and boring and still wants a SUV. So the Kodiaq is back on the list!

We also looked at a Kia Sorento, not too bad but I'd prefer to keep with Skoda.

Can't wait now for Skoda to get these in the dealerships, whenever that'll be!

• Like 1

I have told that a few LH drive models will be doing the rounds in Oct//Nov. My dealership is hoping to have one when it reopens after its refitting which starts fairly soon.

I looked at both today, and both have three isofix full size seats in the rear. The additional 2 in the boot is a nice to have, but then you're limited to where you store the buggy and bags etc!

I finally succumbed to the idea of a people carrier today when I was looking at the S Max Vignale (really nice spec). But actually now the Wife is saying they look dull and boring and still wants a SUV. So the Kodiaq is back on the list!

We also looked at a Kia Sorento, not too bad but I'd prefer to keep with Skoda.

Can't wait now for Skoda to get these in the dealerships, whenever that'll be!

The new Fords look lovely IMHO. Might have a look at the S-Max Vignale - had looked at the 'normal' spec models so far but not that one.

I've had bad experiences with Peugeot in the past, but the forthcoming 5008 SUV looks really nice. Very similar to the Kodiaq actually! The big difference from my perspective is the extra Isofix and the full size middle seat. http://www.opptrends.com/2016/09/2017-peugeot-5008-suv-displayed/

Given the new model Picasso (with which it shares a platform) is getting such good reviews I'm hoping this might be a decent car. Would still prefer a Kodiaq mind :(

Tiguan Plus might be a potential option but it looks to me exactly the same as the Kodiaq and thus is likely to share its width (and therefore it's 3/4 middle seat).

• 4 weeks later...

This is my big issue - currently need three car seats through the back. 

Skoda seem to have notoriously narrow cars, despite the general comments about space.

We're due to sell our current S-Max and I've been hanging on to the chance of a Kodiaq covering my needs, but not quite sure if it'll squeeze three car seats in.  One plus is that they're out of the isofix versions, so their seats are a bit narrower and a more flexible fit.

Other half is rather determined to get one of the newer S-Maxs, so may have to keep my powder dry and eventually trade in our old Octavia for a new Yeti, which should be a nice minature version of the Kodiaq in a year or so.

This is my big issue - currently need three car seats through the back.

Skoda seem to have notoriously narrow cars, despite the general comments about space.

We're due to sell our current S-Max and I've been hanging on to the chance of a Kodiaq covering my needs, but not quite sure if it'll squeeze three car seats in. One plus is that they're out of the isofix versions, so their seats are a bit narrower and a more flexible fit.

Other half is rather determined to get one of the newer S-Maxs, so may have to keep my powder dry and eventually trade in our old Octavia for a new Yeti, which should be a nice minature version of the Kodiaq in a year or so.

Given VWs reluctance to return my enquiries onto a new Touran, the new Smax is next on our list.

Are they any good?

Yes, can't say I've had any problems with the one I've had for about 4/5 years, and despite the appearance it doesn't feel particularly bulky when driving around in.  Would definately recommend getting the Titanium trim as a minimum to pick up the creature comforts though.

The main issue with the new models is the apparent information overload on the new displays, which are across the ford range..though I'm one of these people who loves the idea of being surrounding with more displays than on the bridge of the Starship Enterprise, so I don't necessarily take that as a negative!

• Like 1