Candy White vs Moon White

I've also seen two Moon and Candy white cars side by side at my local dealer, the Moon White seems to have a slight blue/grey ish tint to it.

Great pictures for anyone wanting to compare the two.

Never thought I would say this....but the Candy white looks better. (IMHO)

Without seeing them side by side, I would have instantly gone for Moon white.

Is that at Johnson's Skoda Birmingham? I seem to recognise the buildings in the background.

• Like 2

Yes, that's right Birmingham.

Now to be honest I chose Candy White as I would have to have paid a monthly upgrade for Metallic!

But now, IMHO, if you like white then go for Candy, Moon is certainly more unusual but it's not really white!

Mine looks stunning when clean, very happy with it.

• Like 1

I got moon white on my Octavia because I had to have metallic, looking at the pictures I prefer candy white, it's more white!

IMG_8969_zps00cwa5go.jpg

Here is the same comparison on a Yeti...

qHzZcSl.jpg

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/307196-yeti-candy-moon-white-comparison/

• Like 1

I picked Candy White, compared the two colours, to be honest the additional cost of the Moon White just didn't make sense, all said and done, very happy with the Candy White.

......and that was the photo, seen on here that led to my colour and wheel choice!

car1.jpg car2.jpg car3.jpg

I was at the dealers yesterday and as I left I saw a Moon White Superb so I backed my Candy White up to it and took these pics.

Both had a sheen of dirt but I thought it could be helpful to future choosers, I know it's been discussed on here a few times.

Moon white on the left, Candy white on the right.

Dan

Cheers Dan I made the right choice. Great comparison pix :)

I too wanted Moon White until I saw a Moon White Yeti parked next to a Candy White Yeti, the metallic is barely noticeable IMO and certainly not enough to pay a premium for, so I opted for my next choice Business Grey, I am certainly not disappointed with my choice.

The moon white looks way nicer, the candy just looks cream coloured. Certainly reaffirms our choice on moon white.

Interesting comment. I've never owned a white car and fancied a change, when ordering the yet to be delivered estate, I pontificated ages over the choice of candy or moon, must have changed my mind several times. I wanted what I thought would be the whitest of whites and in the end chose moon. Seeing these photos I'm now not so sure I made the right choice, the candy definitely looks "whiter" in those pics, if in the flesh it is more of creamy white I will feel I did make the right decision.

In those pictures above the car on the left is moon white and the car on the right is candy white - it's from those pictures that reaffirmed my choice. The moon white looks way whiter!

Depends which 'above' pictures you mean as the Superb has them one way and the Yeti photo has them the other way. ;-)

In those pictures above the car on the left is moon white and the car on the right is candy white - it's from those pictures that reaffirmed my choice. The moon white looks way whiter!

I need a return visit to Specsavers! On my screen the candy looks whiter!

I picked up my moon white estate 3 weeks ago. It just happened to be sitting next to a candy white estate at the dealer. The candy white is definitely creamier and softer to look at. Whether or not the cost of metallic is worth it, is certainly arguable but I love the pristine appearance of the moon white ( at least when it's clean. !! ).

i have said my opinion before on another thread... but i ordered Candy.. but switched to Business Grey as Candy white when not clean looked Cream colour to my eyes when i saw an example at a dealer.  the SE Business model did not pull the look off well. Bigger wheels would solve it i think.

Therefore, i went grey on the basis as a safe choice...

Depends which 'above' pictures you mean as the Superb has them one way and the Yeti photo has them the other way. ;-)

Yes, for the sake of clarity I mean the superbs in the top. The moon white is much whiter. Ours as is a PCH car the metallic paint was no extra cost.

I picked Candy White, compared the two colours, to be honest the additional cost of the Moon White just didn't make sense, all said and done, very happy with the Candy White.

Coudn't agree more Dan. Candy white was my choice.

The candy white is whiter, the metallic influence on moon white gives it a blue hue.

The fact the candy white looks closer to cream than to blue supports the fact it is a 'real' white.

IMO.

Its nothing to do with the dealers, its Skoda UK that choose the colours and specifications we get here and unfortunately they are too conservative, we could do with access to the extended range of colours that the home market get! 

Is it me but Candy is the only colour that actually looks white.

Personally I agree, I think moon has a mushroomy/bluey hue. However it seems that different people "see" the colours differently.