Current parenting standards

newskoda

Kids were brought up better in the 60s, 70s and early 80s.

parents these days have done a volte face and become way too leniant

Certainly this is not the case with our 2,and will be the same when 3 is old enough. We're always complimented on how well behaved our children are.

From a young age we, like the majority of parents, established clear boundaries and acceptable behaviour we expect. Behave when out & about or next time you won't get to go to the cinema, bowling or whatever. Yes we have had to carry this out and the other week they lost out on the cinema for some appalling behaviour in Tesco because we said no to buying sweets (we have shed loads at home needing to be eaten).

It's really not difficult to raise kids with manners (again always complimented on their manners) or to respect others.

Now sibling rivalry and fighting at home is another matter, but again easily solved through withholding treats.

I'm assuming you don't have any children, and probably never will?

You need to speak to the property owner; if they are behaving like this, they are also probably wrecking the house; had this with a friend and a set of new rental neighbours last year, a nice quiet cul-de-sack turned into benefits street by a single set of renteés. Everyone who could sold up and moved out, my friends took a £10k hit.

Common down here. Technique used by unscrupulous buy-to -leters to broaden the empire - no disproportionate  incomer/ethnic association here, of course !

If you think that's bad, you want to get down here with the 24-hour economy - non-stop clickety clack of tube trains, non-stop mini-cabs up and down the road during the night, repetitive aircraft landings after the 23:30 close down ("Radar synchronisation"  and specials), periodic visits  from local blue thunder (For keeping the natives' heads down), night-time "Revellers" staggering home and  workers for the 24-hour economy returning late at night or leaving very early in the morning, banging car doors, arguing with the driver and reving engines. 

And then the god botherers doing the door slam fusilade on arrival at 07:30 on a Saturday morning.

Of course, that's only including the bods who stay on the right side of the Sexual offences Act 1956, The Dangerous Drugs Act 1965 and the Mental Health Act 1983 and excludes sports ground attendees and media scrums.

This septic Isle !

A suitable candidate for legislation ?

Postscript

I think there's a good case for introducing a new Para Olympic event - One-handed strangling . . . you'd need the other hand for simulatneously punching them in the face, of course.

Nick

Edited by Clunkclick

Meanwhile , inadvertently, and whilst trying to avoid a greater traffic incident, go 1 MPH over the 30MPH tolerance and its off up country for a £90 indoctrination course.

And, I got flashed again (From the front this time), within three weeks of the first, by a mobile device (Looked like Autopatrol) , at night, operating from a Bus shelter, on a slope, scanning across a T- junction - no good practice issues there then.

Not to worry.

Every day, in every way civilised life is becoming more an more feasible.

Now all I need is Chairman May announcing that the third runway at LHR is to go ahead and I'll have the full set.

New game for saturday night TV - let's play socio-economic dysfunction.

Nick

Edited by Clunkclick

Well this proves beyond a doubt that people on briskoda really are nice and diplomatic!

despite me trying to rile you guys up, you did not rise to it. I doff my cap to you all. You have restored my faith in humanity.

Pi55 off :moon:

• Like 3

Meanwhile , inadvertently, and whilst trying to avoid a greater traffic incident, go 1 MPH over the 30MPH tolerance and its off up country for a £90 indoctrination course.

And, I got flashed again (From the front this time), within three weeks of the first, by a mobile device (Looked like Autopatrol) , at night, operating from a Bus shelter, on a slope, scanning across a T- junction - no good practice issues there then.

Not to worry.

Every day, in every way civilised life is becoming more an more feasible.

Now all I need is Chairman May announcing that the third runway at LHR is to go ahead and I'll have the full set.

New game for saturday night TV - let's play socio-economic dysfunction.

Nick

What you should have done is swerve and crash, then sue them; after all, I guy got sued for using flash to take a photo of the car tailgating his g/f's car a couple of years ago, as the driver of the tailgating car claimed it nearly caused him to crash.

I actually came very close to doing this for real about 10 years ago, a malfunctioning speed camera on the A40 went off in my face at 4am one December morning, completely blinding me as I approached the corner at 60mph. Luckily there was nothing behind me, so I could slam the brakes on and wait until my vision cleared.

I'm still self employed, and you never commented on how that affects naughty children. And I'm not sure I buy your "I was only joking" excuse, just because no one actually agreed with you.

Not worth waiting for you won't get anything

Obvious troll was pretty obvious no place for it on this board

Like you say "I was joking" was weak and feeble attempt to say oh crap I messed up

No time for slippery turds like that too busy trying to control my obvious unruly child according to op

The strange thing is, I've never met an adult who wasn't a child, and I've never met a child who didn't have the potential to be a right little sod. You just never know what they are thinking or plotting.

• Like 1

The strange thing is, I've never met an adult who wasn't a child, and I've never met a child who didn't have the potential to be a right little sod. You just never know what they are thinking or plotting.

On the other hand, there are plenty of adults who never seem to have progressed beyond the hormonal early teenager stage.

The last six weeks have been great getting to work but now the little darlings are back, it takes an hour.... :devil:

Simple solution- stay in till 10 in the morning and get back before the afternoon school run, where it seems that they need every second to get home. Ah, well one of the joys of being a pensioner.