Buying ABS module for HHC (hill assist)

Yup, they should be able to change the byte values and adaption channels using ODIS.

There should also be some procedure for the basic settings/adaptions but I'm not sure what it is in ODIS.

I believe the 19 CAN Gateway error has already been fixed, it just needs the error code clearing.

the 19 CAN Gateway error did not go away yesterday in VCDS. no code clearing worked for anything. we shall see today.

---

also the J428 error to do with adaptive cruise control, that's something in byte 3 of the ABS

----

I'll report back after I ask tech do what you said.

Edited by newskodadriver

The technician said he tried basic adaption but it failed to stick. He will do it again before 5 to show me.

He said the abs unit itself also contains software which caused it to seek J428 sensor and that the Gateway Error is because the abs unit not coded properly.

Edited by newskodadriver

Yes it's empty.  I've got a good idea what's happened.  The day after I scanned the OP"s car,  I got the notification that the latest release of vcds was available and it looks like the data in question was wiped when the update was done. 

Mike 

That's a bit of a bugger. I'm out of ideas now.

Success! HHC+XDS activated. Langers2k was right on the money, technician originally switched bytes 16 with 17. The unit accepted code, but refused to calibrate any sensors. So today, we reset code to stock, do full sensor adaption. Then change hex values in ODIS for HHC / XDS.

Bugger. Well isn't that just dandy! What am meant to read all weekend now that you guys have sorted this out!?  

Seriously though - congrats to all of you on the Briskoda side. Must be a relief to conquer this one.

Are you going to send langers2k a byte of one of the technicians nuts....   ;)

Edited by TheRobinK

I'm not sure how Odis works, but writing down a long coding string by hand is just not the way to do it really. Copy & paste is far more reliable.

I could understand the need to enter code manually after new piece of hardware is installed - but wasting time to write it down is just ...

He could always use his phone and take a picture :)

Great news!

I'd be interested if the J500 error still exists if you have it scanned in the future :)

J500 error still exist. technician didnt try though to correct it, he insisted all cars that had a software update have that error and he sees a lot of them like that. I didn't really push to have that corrected either, it was like that when I got it and drove fine so. 

next time i take car in for service I could ask him what software update exactly and PM you the details. 

Edited by newskodadriver

[...]

next time i take car in for service I could ask him what software update exactly and PM you the details.

I think next time you should find different garage ... after you get the info about software version :)
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hand writing down a long code on a modern car.............. :sweat:

I have used VCDS for several years, fitted new ABS units & coded ok, also activated other external outputs on the ABS units (eg TPMS buttons, ESC buttons) all ok ,

So long as you correctly copy & paste & use the debug etc.

However I use the basic windows txt file editor to copy & paste stuff to on the desktop of the laptop, much easier!