The New Arrival

WaveyDavey

Boot light? They're really up-speccing Citigos now!

Why ambassador with theeese boot lights you are reeeeealy spoiling us........ In my best French accent. :D :D :D

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Not updated in a while....

I'll get some pics of the upgraded interior light and also the LED DRLs I fitted a while back. When replacing the DRLs I also replaced the headlights with Osram Nightbreaker Unlimited bulbs and the light output is massive when compared to another Citigo i was overtaking on the motorway a few nights ago!!!! I also ordered some of the Skoda sill protectors from SuperSkoda as they had them on offer at 25 euro delivered compared to the 40 quid I found from a UK dealer!!!! These arrived a couple of days ago so are ready to fit along with a set of Heko wind deflectors..... There was an issue with the first set of deflectors I received as the drivers side one was faulty as it hadn't been machined correctly and therefore wasn't a perfect fit. The seller replaced these and the second set are also sat in the shed waiting for me to get a day when the car is at home and I'm off work. The vRS pedals I got from a fellow member haven't been fitted yet either as the Mrs likes the idea of the standard pedals having the diamond patterning on them as she says they tie in with the diamond quilting on the seats.

I'm also in the process of getting the bits for the variable boot floor and might also do the rear arch liners too. And the Mrs also wants me to see if the little rubbish bins I have in the Superb door buckets will fit in the Citigo's door buckets..... If they do a couple of them will also be getting ordered and fitted. :)

VCDS mods wise....... I've had the tear wipe function added to the front wipers.... The rear wiper tear wipe feature didn't seem to want to work but that's not major. It was also attempted to get the cornering fogs enabled but try as we may it just wasn't having it and the coding kept getting rejected. It does seem to be something that sometimes works and sometimes doesn't from Citigo to Citigo so hey ho.

Edited by WaveyDavey
  • Like 3

Wavey I googgle vrs pedals and came up with this

https://www.evanscycles.com/shimano-a530-touring-pedals-oe-EV192334?esvt=52308-GOUKE1959408&esvq=&esvadt=999999-0-1132482-1&esvcrea=156955881277&esvplace=&esvd=c&esvo=EV192334-NA-SVR&esvaid=50080&gclid=Cj0KEQiAh4fEBRCZhriIjLfArrQBEiQArzzDAcZ69o15o_W9DxaS0-PN7bS42Aeb9wxR2lRUB9kknH0aAlBK8P8HAQ

or this 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Skoda-Fabia-vRS-Pedal-Covers-Genuine-Mk1-Tdi-/252533636507

Which ones did you get?  ;)  :rofl:

Any photos?  Were are the bins????  Can you give a linky pls

I'm also in the process of getting the bits for the variable boot floor and might also do the rear arch liners too. And the Mrs also wants me to see if the little rubbish bins I have in the Superb door buckets will fit in the Citigo's door buckets..... If they do a couple of them will also be getting ordered and fitted. :)

The vRS pedals are the ones that were fitted to the mk1 Octavia vRS and mk1 Fabia vRS cars. They can still be bought from the dealers and are around the £50 mark for the set of three pedal covers.  http://www.skodaparts.com/product/octavia-and-fabia-stainless-steel-pedal-kit-21534

The bins i mentioned are designed for the Octavia and Superb so may well not fit as I've not tried them in the Citigo doors yet. I've had them in the Superb for a while now. Mine are in cream as my Superb has the Ivory interior but they are also available in dark grey too. They are shown in this post in my Superb project thread..... http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/321367-waveydaveys-superb-twindoor/?p=4426301

Edited by WaveyDavey

I went out and took some pictures of the upgraded interior light in action this evening. The unit i got is fitted in numerous VAG cars with the one i got having come from an Ibiza FR that had only done around 20k miles and it's like new. I got it from an online breakers via ebay and i seem to remember it cost around £20 or slightly less and that was including delivery. 

This is a stock image i found of the light unit along with some pictures of the vastly improved light output from the New unit with its replacement LED bulbs fitted.

There's also a pic of the new LED DRLs....They are the ones from HIDS Direct that quite a few people have had over the past couple of years or so...

I've also ordered the parts for the variable boot floor and am waiting for them to arrive and have the Skoda sill protectors ready to fit too so hopefully will get them both done next week. I'll also replace the boot light with an LED replacement next week when i do the boot floor.

IMG_6665.JPG

IMG_6667.JPG

IMG_6668.JPG

IMG_6669.JPG

IMG_6670.JPG

IMG_6671.JPG

IMG_6666.JPG

IMG_6672.JPG

Edited by WaveyDavey

5 minutes ago, SashaGrace said:

Looks spot on, will be ordering my LED's from elsewhere due to not receiving mine! I am tempted with that light unit; have to find a black one now :)

You'll need one from out of a mk1 Fabia vRS as they have the black interior and roof lining. ;)

• Like 1

A little something for the PID this time..... Seeing as it looks as though Skoda have decided not to continue with their own Skoda branded case for the PID i got an official VW case for it instead. 

The Mrs and myself can put up with the Up! branding on the side and zip and it's obviously a perfect fit as it's designed for the unit. 

IMG_5676.JPG

IMG_5674.JPG

IMG_5675.JPG

The variable boot floor should be arriving on Friday..... Been waiting for the right hand side panel to be back in stock. But with the weather looking poor on Friday, Possibly taking the little 'un to watch the footy on Saturday and heading off to Leeds to see Green Day on Sunday it might be a while till I get to install it. :D

43 minutes ago, WaveyDavey said:

The variable boot floor should be arriving on Friday..... Been waiting for the right hand side panel to be back in stock. But with the weather looking poor on Friday, Possibly taking the little 'un to watch the footy on Saturday and heading off to Leeds to see Green Day on Sunday it might be a while till I get to install it. :D

where have you got the variable bot floor may I ask

Mine has come from the local VW dealership.... via somebody I know who works there so slightly cheaper than the RRP. They are available from VW, Skoda & Seat dealerships and also from 3rd party sellers elsewhere.

Mine will be £108.

The cheapest I had found had been around £125-ish from Germany and £125-130 from local dealerships. The price I've paid is because the person I know has used their staff discount. :)

It's also worth keeping an eye out for second hand ones on owners forums like this or the Up! owners club. They usually go for around £50-60 second hand. And you can obviously sell it on yourself when you get rid of the car.

Edited by WaveyDavey

Went to collect the variable boot today and fitted it when I got home. I didn't bother cutting the boot liner to size with it not being visible in normal use and it only raising by an inch or so at each end against the New sides. It also means the boot liner can still be sold on when the car goes. 

I also took the boot light out while I was in there to replace the bulb with an LED replacement but the replacement bulbs seem to be just too long to fit in the holder so I've had to revert back to the dimmer stock bulb for now. Anyway the Mrs is really happy with the new boot floor so that's me in the good books.

Going to try and get out to give it a good wash tomorrow as the weather is meant to be ok but the little lad had started with tonsillitis today and when he's poorly he goes from the normal "mummy's boy" to a full on "daddy's boy" so I'll have to see if he lets me out of the house for a couple of hours yet. 

IMG_5685.JPG

• Like 2

Well tried to replace the front indicator bulbs on Saturday with some Philips SilverVision bulbs I had taken out of the vRS before it went......

How the heck are you guys managing to replace these front indicator bulbs?!?!?!  I managed to get the passenger side one out ok (Although it was very stiff) but really struggled to tighten it back up again. And the driver's side one I couldn't even get the original to untwist!!! So I had to undo the passenger one again and refit the OEM bulb and again struggled to tighten it back up again. (I still don't think it's as tightly fitted as it was originally though).

The only way I can see to easily replace them is to take the whole headlight unit out and back in again...... Which I can't be bothered to do so looks like they are going to be staying OEM. :emoticon-0101-sadsmile: 

So what with the LED bulbs I got for the boot being too big and now this I'm not having much luck recently.....

Also found out about the "semi-automatic" wipers yesterday too. :D I hadn't realised that when you have them on normal they go to intermittent when you pull up in traffic and then back to normal as soon as you start moving again. I went to tell the Mrs when I got back home only to be told she'd found that out months ago just after getting the car!!! :D :D :D

Edited by WaveyDavey

21 minutes ago, SashaGrace said:

I unbolted the the 4 torx fittings that hold the black headlight mount strips in place and moved the light unit out slightly to get my hand in when I changed the bulbs :) It's easier than it sounds I promise!

I'll have a look at that and give it a try. :)

@SashaGrace Just had a quick look and wanted to confirm which four bolts you undid to move the headlight assembly forward slightly..... I ask as every pic I can find has 5 bolts so want to check which four you undid.

04_Skoda_Citigo.jpg

• Like 1

I undid 1-4 as you have numbered them to remove the black metal strip, even just getting that out of the way gave me enough room to get the bulbs back in. Number 2 bolt has what looks like a plastic nut underneath, just prize it off and keep it to one side. Gives enough room to get your hand round and fit the bulbs :)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SashaGrace said:

I undid 1-4 as you have numbered them to remove the black metal strip, even just getting that out of the way gave me enough room to get the bulbs back in. Number 2 bolt has what looks like a plastic nut underneath, just prize it off and keep it to one side. Gives enough room to get your hand round and fit the bulbs :)

Cheers mi dears. I'll give it a go when I'm next off and the car is at home. :)