Octavia UK shipping route

Hi guys

Does anyone know the shipping route used for getting vRS's from Mladá Boleslav to South-West England?

I think I heard something about going by train to Germany and then eventually to Sheerness but I'm not sure.

My car was apparently built this week so I am now getting a bit excited/obsessed about delivery.

• Like 1

Thrashed across Europe by delivery drivers on minimum wage. Loaded onto ship by apprentice dock hands. Odometer 'wound back' on arrive in England.

Just kidding. I really haven't a clue on the method of delivery.

• Like 2

A lot get a train to Emden then ship to one of the UK ports, usually on a ship called the (something) highway (wesser highway, adriatic highway etc etc)

your dealer should know what ship it is booked on

Then you can track it on a site like this

http://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/details/ports/175/Germany_port:EMDEN

The mk 2 Octavia's with L&K & Vrs trims were partly built on the main product line, then moved to another factory for completion. Then by rail to the VW factory/ port at Emden.Then shipped with other VW group vehicles.

A lot get a train to Emden then ship to one of the UK ports, usually on a ship called the (something) highway (wesser highway, adriatic highway etc etc)

your dealer should know what ship it is booked on

Then you can track it on a site like this

http://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/details/ports/175/Germany_port:EMDEN

From what I've seen it seems to be two ships doing a lot of the ferrying, The African Highway mainly does the Grimsby run and the Gran Canaria mainly in and out of Sheerness. I've become a bit of a ship spotter in recent weeks and am able to see them passing by my home town of Whistable as they enter Sheerness.

You can't mistake the Gran Canaria from what I've seen of It; it's a right rust bucket.

At least it carries a modern enclosed lifeboat for the crew! How many cars does that ship hold?

Thrashed across Europe by delivery drivers on minimum wage. Loaded onto ship by apprentice dock hands. Odometer 'wound back' on arrive in England.

Just kidding. I really haven't a clue on the method of delivery.

I read an independent review that stated that all new cars, **irrespective of manufacturer**, will have been driven by at least 8 different drivers before the purchaser takes ownership.

One hopes that the onboard computer has a "transport" mode that prevents the engine being thrashed.

I read an independent review that stated that all new cars, **irrespective of manufacturer**, will have been driven by at least 8 different drivers before the purchaser takes ownership.

One hopes that the onboard computer has a "transport" mode that prevents the engine being thrashed.

Thats what I calculated:

Factory > test track

Test track > storage

Storage > truck/train

Truck/train > storage

Storage > ship

Ship > storage

Storage > Truck

Truck > Dealership

Each transfer is a person driving it.

• Like 1

Cars get caned at the docks. Living in Southampton I used to work at Town Quay seeing everything going by the window on the way to the boats. Jags, Minis, Land Rovers, Transits, Buses - Loads of stuff. They were always going quick and I even saw a few minor prangs. Drivers bumping into the one in front etc!

That's the bit we get to see. Behind closed doors who knows what happens to them!

Cars get caned at the docks. Living in Southampton I used to work at Town Quay seeing everything going by the window on the way to the boats. Jags, Minis, Land Rovers, Transits, Buses - Loads of stuff. They were always going quick and I even saw a few minor prangs. Drivers bumping into the one in front etc!

That's the bit we get to see. Behind closed doors who knows what happens to them!

And when the Ford Transit factory was still open at Swaythling we used to see just built Transits on trade plates being thrashed all the way to the docks!