DTUK tuning box and insurers?

So fitted my box, and in process of updating my insurance online. There is only an option for engine remaps, will it have to fall into that category? What are folks experiences? Cheers

Edited by Nezman

I can't believe how much more my premium is for the box(well remap). It's at least an extra 60%! Yikes. Am due renewal, anyone got any recommendations? I'm all for removing the box at the moment! Have tried all the comparison websites and the difference between mod and no mod is staggering!

Currently with Adrian flux, cheapest out there for myself.

Although when I asked about added a remap they didn't give me a figure, they said it would probably increase it my 20%.

In all honesty it just depends on what colour socks they have on at the time of the quote.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm with LV . I Pick my new diesel Mk3 VRS up on Wednesday so have just changed the details over. I just enquired about the remap and they advised no extra charge at all . So I'm insured as mapped awaiting purchase of a  DTUK box .

Adrian Flux again,

TSI VRS, DTUK tuning and pedal box, K&N panel filter, lowered, wheel spacers all declared, £276 full comp with no additional excess (£150 compulsory), windscreen, legal expenses and protected ncd. Annual mileage of 7000 miles which last year I got no where near, cars only just hit 12K in 19 months.

Ok I'm 53 but I think that's very reasonable.