Columbus Infotainment system problem

Hi,

The infotainment system in my MY2016 Octy is showing these messages for Nav and SmartLink

Nav:

The Navigation data in the infotainment system is not valid. Please check data.

SmartLink:

You can activate the function by means of an activation key. Please contact your dealer.

I've had the car since March and up till now everything has worked normally. These messages only appeared yesterday when I started it up. 

I've been in touch with the dealer but wondered if anyone else had had this happen to them? 

Regards,

Rob

Sorry, cannot offer any real help. Suggest you post which infotainment system you have as there may be differences e.g, Columbus stores data in internal memory whereas Amundsen uses data on tbe original supplied SD card. My only thought is if you have Amundsen maybe the SD card has vibrated loose or become corrupt. Not sure if same or similar link problem could affect Smartlink. Only other thought is a loose/variable connection somewhere, either physical or wireless. Whatever, hope you get it sorted without too much bother.

He has the Columbus. It says so in the headline.

Yet another reason for me to visit the optician! Read the script, didn't think of looking at the heading. Must try harder.

• Like 1

Not heard of an issue like this before with the Columbus.

As Acco says, the data for maps is stored on an internal hard-drive (Inside the glove box I believe).

Perhaps theres a bad connection or theres an issue with this unit?

• 2 months later...

Hi,

The infotainment system in my MY2016 Octy is showing these messages for Nav and SmartLink

Nav:

The Navigation data in the infotainment system is not valid. Please check data.

SmartLink:

You can activate the function by means of an activation key. Please contact your dealer.

I've had the car since March and up till now everything has worked normally. These messages only appeared yesterday when I started it up. 

I've been in touch with the dealer but wondered if anyone else had had this happen to them? 

Regards,

Rob

Hi Rob have you had this sorted? As I now have the same problem on my MK3 Superb but I also have no phone 

Have you tried a soft reset - hold the power button down for about 10 seconds until the unit switches off and reboots?

If that doesn't change anything, then dealers for you!

My Columbus was showing something along the lines of "Navigation Data missing insert valid media" last week, even though the map data is stored internally and I've only ever seen this message on Amundsen units with the SD removed. The 10 second reboot trick worked and haven't seen it since, but will keep an eye out for it returning.

• 8 months later...

I had the exact same problem in my Oct III Columbus. I called my home dealer in Norway and got a button combination to press and hold until it rebooted. This did the trick, but now I cannot remember the combination of buttons to press. Anyone who knows? It is the type with the disc slot and SD card slots in the glove compartment.

• 1 month later...
On 3. november 2017 at 15:19, havik said:

Same problem with columbus as OP, and also telephone and android auto not available. Radio and media playing works. Dealer had not idea and long press on power button does not help. Any other idea, please?

Press and hold the top and bottom button on the RH side of the screen until the unit reboot. (NAV and MENU).

Hope this help you out, It did the trick for me. PS: this was on a 2014 unit. Have no android auto on mine....

Edited by Jhb
Update on applicable model