190 TDI dsg engine

Everything is strong ... until it fails. Sometimes you're never going to see the car's end of life anyway so why not push it more than designed? Eg, you replace it and sell the old one to some sucker - sounds cruel but ain't this the reality?

Here, have a laugh:

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Hi guys.

I am driving now for something like 2 weeks, a new Superb Hatch, 190 DSG.

A few thoughts:

First of all, the engine needs to loosen up. I have around 500 km on the clock.

Still, i think it pulls OK, not too far behind when compared with my 2014 Octavia VRS TDI. (PS: I had a little of o "meeting" with the current BMW 520 Diesel, and it was "there", the difference was made in bends... but the suspension setup on Superb (even with sport suspension) is a different story).

I can feel that lag that everyone is referring too, when I am driving in normal mode, and gearbox is in D. If I want a better response I just put it in S and sport mode. I find this combination sufficient for me, and because of that I don't think I will consider purchasing that pedal box. Still, if I will have the chance to test it somewhere, I will not say no.

Like I said, my biggest dislike is the suspension, even I have purchased the sport setup. I like stiffer suspension, and my car is bouncing allot. I hope I will take care of this issue by replacing the springs. I don't want to invest too much in it, as it is a company car so I will change it again in 3 years from now.

So, if you have any recommendation/ tested solutions for the suspension, please do not hesitate. :)