190 TDI dsg engine

10 hours ago, Windscreenman said:

Yes this is true but get a pedal box on a dsg car and you wouldn't want a manual the dsg is much much better

A fully responsive dsg engine and box makes the car so easy to drive in all scenarios 

Again down to individual choice

i prefer dsg you prefer manual ......horses for courses !!:biggrin:

Have to agree. This is my first DSG and I was a little worried about liking it but it's brilliant love it and I can use the paddles if I want. It's great with the adaptive cruise.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Micky 32 said:

I went into vagcom on my Passat. Won't give me the option to change the throttle, wonder if all newer cars have this option taken away. My car was built last month.

That's a pity ! Was going to suggest you try and do it to your passat! 

I did it with mine and found it made a nice improvement to the throttle response!

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Micky 32 said:

I went into vagcom on my Passat. Won't give me the option to change the throttle, wonder if all newer cars have this option taken away. My car was built last month.

I did a 2017 Superb last month and it took the code

Also got a 16 plate B8 Passat to do in the next few days.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Micky 32 said:

Race chip do a pedal box for your passat 169 gbp Bargain!!!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, SportlineBri said:

That's a pity ! Was going to suggest you try and do it to your passat! 

I did it with mine and found it made a nice improvement to the throttle response!

Hmm unless I'm looking in the wrong place. I went into engine then coding ( long code helper) I then clicked each byte but found nothing about the throttle.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Windscreenman said:

Race chip do a pedal box for your passat 169 gbp Bargain!!!

I was looking at the deal on the dtuk box and pedal box, so many mixed reviews on the  tuning box can't decide lol

30 minutes ago, Micky 32 said:

Hmm unless I'm looking in the wrong place. I went into engine then coding ( long code helper) I then clicked each byte but found nothing about the throttle.

Increased sensitivity of the throttle pedal

Controller 01- Engine

07 - Coding 

Byte 0, Bit 0-2,

Change from Škoda (01) to AUDI (02) this will dramatically reduce lag on pressing accelerator pedal.

Std:

Engine_zpse6seoaca.jpg

Change to:

Engine%20Audi_zpsyutyfzox.jpg

If like me and many other owners you think the std throttle response is pretty dead, then this will dramatically change the way the car drives, the power is now instant just like on other cars.

IMO this is the best free mod you can do!

Edited by Gizmo68
direct link
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, SportlineBri said:

How to is in the bottom post on this link . Engine ,coding, long coding helper , byte 0. Change bit 0-2  from vw ,seat, skoda to audi. 

Yep that's what I did. It just gives a box saying manufacture Volkswagen ( something like that) but no other option. I guess the bitdi 240 maybe a different set up.

43 minutes ago, Micky 32 said:

I was looking at the deal on the dtuk box and pedal box, so many mixed reviews on the  tuning box can't decide lol

I nearly pulled the trigger on the dtuk  CRD3 box for mine but baulked at the last minute after reading mixed reviews about them ,also being in irl is additional hassle if I had a problom in the future.

Been in contact with Daltons.ie since though :-)

33 minutes ago, SportlineBri said:

I nearly pulled the trigger on the dtuk  CRD3 box for mine but baulked at the last minute after reading mixed reviews about them ,also being in irl is additional hassle if I had a problom in the future.

Been in contact with Daltons.ie since though :-)

I've been toying with the idea too....

My last car was remapped by REVO and I looked into the box vs. map debate and eventually took the plunge on the remap.  The car did 50K miles with the map on and never skipped a beat.  I was initially disappointed by the 184ps engine after having the 150ps engine and the remap really made the car feel more enjoyable to drive when I wasn't in commute/family mode. 

I was lurking on the DTUK website as I won't be able to remap the Sportline but there's too many negative reviews about DTUK and diesel tuning boxes in general.  I've also watched threads unravel on other VAG owners forums that cast a shadow on DTUK's after sales 'support' when things go wrong.  It could be that the boxes just highlighted underlying issues that didn't manifest under stock paramaters but personally, it's too much of a gamble. 

In contrast I've not come across any negative reviews about remaps from reputable companies such as REVO, Shark, e-maps etc.   

• Like 1

On 26/02/2017 at 18:58, Gizmo68 said:

I did a 2017 Superb last month and it took the code

Also got a 16 plate B8 Passat to do in the next few days.

The ‘Audi’ engine coding was present on the Passat (August 2016 ... 16 plate car) 190 TDi

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gizmo68 said:

The ‘Audi’ engine coding was present on the Passat (August 2016 ... 16 plate car) 190 TDi

For some reason it's not available on my 240bhp TDI. When i click on the drop box the only option is manufacture Volkswagen and nothing else. Getting it remapped anyway so i'll probably get the peddle adjusted within the map.

• Like 1

On Saturday, March 04, 2017 at 18:39, Micky 32 said:

For some reason it's not available on my 240bhp TDI. When i click on the drop box the only option is manufacture Volkswagen and nothing else. Getting it remapped anyway so i'll probably get the peddle adjusted within the map.

Where you getting it remapped? Pm if you prefer ,thinking of going down that road myself ..

4 hours ago, SportlineBri said:

Where you getting it remapped? Pm if you prefer ,thinking of going down that road myself ..

Shark Performance will take a 190 to 220 Bhp / 500 Nm. 

13 minutes ago, Blindek said:

Good luck with the DSG that's made for 400Nm... 

I asked Shark that very question, their reply was VAG have not put a torque limit on the box, after a google search I could not find an answer either. 

If if you can link me to such info I would be grateful :thumbup:

Edited by Gizmo68

Correct. DQ250 has a max rated torque of 400nm. So it's no accident that the TDI 190 has 400nm.

I actually find it a bit odd that you would say a gearbox has a max limit of 400nm but then give the engine exactly 400nm. Are they suggesting the gearbox is basically maxxed out the whole time?

This is of course a safe/conservative limit. Just like the remap on the engine itself. Capable of more but toned down a bit.

The gearbox would also need remapping to raise the torque limit. If this isn't done all that will happen is the gearbox will see the increased torque then send a message back the ECU to decrease the torque so you won't see the full benefit of the remap.

No idea what impact increased torque would have on the gearbox but if nothing else I'd make sure you change the oil and filter regularly! Not to mention the DMF.

Edited by Phil-E

1 hour ago, Micky 32 said:

I'm quite sure it will handle a remap no problem.

Yep. Lots of tuned cars with DSG running with no problems.

Although it seems when big power is required the DQ500 is fitted. Seen a few R32 with turbo conversions on youtube with DQ500 fitted. But also seen some with the DQ250 still fitted but with the uprated clutch pack. They are a pretty strong box.

• Like 1