Timed 0-62 (0-100k) on stock?

Curious as to whether the listed acceleration on the Skoda NZ page is realistic, or under (or over!) cooked.

7.1 seconds feels about right but seems a little slow compared to similar warmish cars.

Grip is always a bit of an issue on launch, but has anyone here run proper, accurately timed 0-62 or 0-100kph runs in their stock VRS (especially TSI Wagon!)

If so, what did you get?

I have timed mine at 6.4s 0-100kph on 17" wheels and at 6.7s with 19" - for both of these, I did not drop the clutch on the launch, so if you do, you can probably shave around 0.1-0.2s of that time.

Mine is a manual wagon/combi/whatever the correct name is ;)

I used a GPS software specific for this type of measuring.

• Like 1

So a little quicker than quoted speeds, but nothing significant! Interesting the smaller wheels made such a difference - just weight or launch grip or something else?

My 1.4TSI wagon manual has also measured a few tenths quicker than quoted (8.2). The biggest issues I had were getting a consistent launch and a quick 1-2 shift.

I found myself having to choose between wheelspin and the engine bogging.

So a little quicker than quoted speeds, but nothing significant! Interesting the smaller wheels made such a difference - just weight or launch grip or something else?

Would say weight, because they even had better tires.

With either wheel, as you mentioned in original post, grip is the biggest factor.

Is it just me or it also looks like there is room for improvement on that too / better driving

The end of video data logging looks wrong to me, massive gear change/wheel spinning/redlining flat spot stuck at 60kph for a good second or so.....

Analysing the video its more like 23-24s is a total flat spot for a second where its left on the redline

Starts at 21s
0 = 21s
1s = 22s - hit 40kph
2s = 23s - hit 60kph
3s = 24s - still 60kph
4s = 25s - hit 70kph
5s = 26s - hit 80kph
end at 27 s - hit 100kph

Just realised they didn't advertise it but that was AT for the 220 TSi so it was perhaps the fault of the box. Manual could be potentially quicker with a better driver ?

The AT on the 4x4 280 Superb is noticeably quicker too...giving some idea of the potential of these cars somewhat underplayed by VW.

• Like 1

Is it just me or it also looks like there is room for improvement on that too / better driving

The end of video data logging looks wrong to me, massive gear change/wheel spinning/redlining flat spot stuck at 60kph for a good second or so.....

Analysing the video its more like 23-24s is a total flat spot for a second where its left on the redline

Starts at 21s

0 = 21s

1s = 22s - hit 40kph

2s = 23s - hit 60kph

3s = 24s - still 60kph

4s = 25s - hit 70kph

5s = 26s - hit 80kph

end at 27 s - hit 100kph

Might be that more deft throttle control and manual change up - maybe a short shift in to second - may have improved it?

Does just look like he used launch control with his right foot flat the whole time.

• Like 1

Manual faster than a DSG?? Where? :)

On the Skoda website/specs, they always quote the manual as being a fraction of a second quicker 0-100 than the DSG...

A few years ago, some Japanese show put Drift King (the real one...) who is a race driver on a manual Golf against the other host (a regular driver) on the same specs car with a DSG box.

They did several drag races and the DSG won every single of them.

If I find the video I will post it here

A few years ago, some Japanese show put Drift King (the real one...) who is a race driver on a manual Golf against the other host (a regular driver) on the same specs car with a DSG box.

They did several drag races and the DSG won every single of them.

If I find the video I will post it here

Wouldn't surprise me if the DSG was intentionally held back slightly in the Skoda so as not to encroach too much on the Golf GTI's turf...

Anyone using OBD bluetooth adaptor & Android app to record these, and how accurate are they? Any recommendations for a good one?

Torque is a pretty good app, but you also need a "proper" OBD bluetooth adapter if you intend to do "real-time" stuff. The chinese ones are good to read codes, but they lag a lot.