Octavia III Facelift

7 hours ago, Andyjm2uk said:

@paddymack Can you see abig difference between the two?

I think the answer for existing owners is no. It is a facelift to keep it competitive with a few more bhp, not noticeable in the real world with a larger ICE and different seat trim with a beaky nose. They are good cars but I doubt if the build quality has improved over the pre-FL. Too common now and not the relative bargain that they were in the Mk1 and MkII versions, possibly time for a change of  manufacturer when I pick my next car. 

• Like 1

On 31/08/2017 at 22:46, devopuk said:

Wonder which BW this was? 

2017 FL production https://youtu.be/7mk3backkao

Must have been at, or during, the change-over to the FL .... that looks like a pre-FL estate there at 20:01 - the white one, with the steel wheels, it has the old style rear light cluster ... and oddly enough - it seems to have a rear mud-flap fitted too!  Surprised to see that put on at factory - thought that they'd only put those on at PDI.

9 hours ago, Dithane said:

Must have been at, or during, the change-over to the FL .... that looks like a pre-FL estate there at 20:01 - the white one, with the steel wheels, it has the old style rear light cluster ... and oddly enough - it seems to have a rear mud-flap fitted too!  Surprised to see that put on at factory - thought that they'd only put those on at PDI.

Its a FL. The lights fitted are the FL 'low' functionality LED lights. The cars in front of it have the 'high' functionality LED lights. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, themanwithnoaim said:

And very nice it looked today too

It was good to meet up, if a little windy, not surprizing for an airfield

Yes good to meet you too it was a bit windy 

Not sure if this has been posted previously, but there's a video of the facelift Octavia production line at Mlada Boleslav. Did the tour here in January whilst visiting Prague, but unfortunately wasn't able to see the full production line.

Edited by ahenners

44 minutes ago, ahenners said:

Not sure if this has been posted previously, but there's a video of the facelift Octavia production line at Mlada Boleslav. Did the tour here in January whilst visiting Prague, but unfortunately wasn't able to see the full production line.

It has been posted, but well worth spreading for other users. Even if the colour and wheel choice are a little strange.

10 minutes ago, ahenners said:

Are the interior lights LED on the facelift? Or still halogen?

Not noticed, is it important? Actually thinking about I randomly came across changing the colour of the interior mood lighting, so must be LED. 

On 31/08/2017 at 17:00, Redboy said:

I think the answer for existing owners is no. It is a facelift to keep it competitive with a few more bhp, not noticeable in the real world with a larger ICE and different seat trim with a beaky nose. They are good cars but I doubt if the build quality has improved over the pre-FL. Too common now and not the relative bargain that they were in the Mk1 and MkII versions, possibly time for a change of  manufacturer when I pick my next car. 

I think owners of the 245 spec would argue differently, so would I having owned the cupra 280 previously with the trick front diff. That is a huge upgrade over the std version. 

44 minutes ago, stever750 said:

Not noticed, is it important? Actually thinking about I randomly came across changing the colour of the interior mood lighting, so must be LED. 

Yeah I think so, makes it look more modern. 

12 hours ago, stever750 said:

I think owners of the 245 spec would argue differently, so would I having owned the cupra 280 previously with the trick front diff. That is a huge upgrade over the std version. 

I stand by my response, as an existing owner at 25k miles and 32 months with a decent spec, the depreciation to swap for something similar even with  20 bhp extra and a diff is too much for the slight increase in performance which won't be noticeable in 95% of driving conditions. If I had a MkII I would be tempted but prefer my version at the moment. If I need a real speed thrill I will take my Kawasaki 1000 out for a spin. 

2 hours ago, Redboy said:

I stand by my response, as an existing owner at 25k miles and 32 months with a decent spec, the depreciation to swap for something similar even with  20 bhp extra and a diff is too much for the slight increase in performance which won't be noticeable in 95% of driving conditions. If I had a MkII I would be tempted but prefer my version at the moment. If I need a real speed thrill I will take my Kawasaki 1000 out for a spin. 

Everybody is entitled to their own opinion even, when its wrong lol

Seriously, cost to change is generally always too much but, still we buy new cars & even more expensively move home.

I was placing an order the very day the 245 become available hence, it was a WTF moment why not huh?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Exactly, it's all down to personal opinion ultimately as to what we perceive as good value. For me it's that front diff, made the leon unbelievable in tight corners. I'm presuming the application is the same of similar in the octy of course.... 

2 minutes ago, stever750 said:

Exactly, it's all down to personal opinion ultimately as to what we perceive as good value. For me it's that front diff, made the leon unbelievable in tight corners. I'm presuming the application is the same of similar in the octy of course.... 

Yep, the e-diff throws you off your exit of roundabouts at incredible speeds & the roundabout has a high grip surface it really is a WTF moment

24 minutes ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Yep, the e-diff throws you off your exit of roundabouts at incredible speeds & the roundabout has a high grip surface it really is a WTF moment

Whereas the mk2 even with a stiffer  RARB would have squealed headlong into the scenery. 

my car has been in an impact in an accident repair centre. I'e had the front bumper replaced elsewhere but I'm not happy with the alignment of the headlight washer covers

would up be possible to do away the tne xenons and fit some LED headlights. Can the headlight washers be done away with for LED's.

alternatively is there anyway of realigning the washer covers

Edited by rit

52 minutes ago, rit said:

my car has been in an impact in an accident repair centre. I'e had the front bumper replaced elsewhere but I'm not happy with the alignment of the headlight washer covers

would up be possible to do away the tne xenons and fit some LED headlights. Can the headlight washers be done away with for LED's.

Sorry, off your topic, but supporting your " cappuccino beige (I like it anyway) ":

image.png.24f95ad79b73ece973e3abcf22815148.png

Only had it 10 days, but appreciating the better ride due to DCC - and the LED headlights, as TheManWithNoAim says, they are excellent. Did 600 miles in 28 hours at the weekend (from Bristol to open day at Newcastle Uni) and was very happy.  The 8" Amundsen in the Mk3FL is nicer than the 8" Columbus in my old Mk3 as the full glass just looks more classy - and the satnav and other functions all seem faster.  Don't think I will miss the HDD jukebox as I have a 32GB SD card with plenty of music. 

Both cars have the 2.0d 150 engine and the new one should feel tight, but it actually feels faster than the old one did at 74,000 miles.