Octavia III Facelift

13 hours ago, Jcbl2 said:

This feels like an awful lot of car for the money. 

Indeed.

It will take you 2-3 days to get full confidence. Remember how I was careful with the white one, like it's made from the glass.

I wish you a lot of joy and happy kilometers in it. Share some pics in the relevant topic.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nidza said:

Indeed.

It will take you 2-3 days to get full confidence. Remember how I was careful with the white one, like it's made from the glass.

I wish you a lot of joy and happy kilometers in it. Share some pics in the relevant topic.

Thanks. Pics in the o3 FL pics thread.

Hey guys.

Glad to be part of the community - just registered here :)

I just bought my Octavia A7 2.0 TDI and I was wondering for the following: I got a phone that doesnt support smartphone technology at all. Its an analogue phone with Bluetooth v2.0 that is being paired and used just fine by my car. Howevr, it fails to import contacts from my SIM or phone at all. Is there any way to use the 'Favourites' menu of the Phone function of the car? Something like entering contacts in a manual way.

Thanks in advance,

2 hours ago, ggthegreat said:

Its an analogue phone with Bluetooth v2.0 that is being paired and used just fine by my car.

Analogue phone - really?

That would mean TACS, which is the original analog system from the 1980s - which was turned off many years ago...

The network operators are even planning to turn off GSM (2G), some in the USA have already done so, in order to free bandwidth for 3G and 4G.

You're more likely to have a non-smart phone which isn't the same as an analogue phone.

What phone do you have?

1 hour ago, SWBoy said:

Analogue phone - really?

That would mean TACS, which is the original analog system from the 1980s - which was turned off many years ago...

The network operators are even planning to turn off GSM (2G), some in the USA have already done so, in order to free bandwidth for 3G and 4G.

You're more likely to have a non-smart phone which isn't the same as an analogue phone.

What phone do you have?

Thanks for the answer. Yes. Actually the phone is my dad's whos not familiar with technology at all :) I bought this car for him and he refuses to switch to a smartphone heh.

His phone is a PANASONIC GD18 

My actual issue is how to add contacts to the car. I dont really care for its synchronization. I just want him to press PHONE button and then select the person from the favourites and have the call automatically placed, since as I already told you, he is not really familiar with technology due to his age.

Was in Alex Lawrie's the other day & got my 1st look at a FL in the flesh.

Impressive. Like the headlight arrangement. Makes the present set up look a bit dull IMO. I think I may have me one of these when the PCH is up on my VRS. 

Also 1st look at the Kodiaq & that is also the dog's *******s! Decisions decisions.

• 3 weeks later...

hi folks,

my facelift is almost at the dealers and will be ready for 1st July collection. I have a question re the lights on the facelift. I went for the Sports pack (Irish spec on top of style spec) which gives me sports seats, hawk alloys, spoiler and what the dealer reckons is bi xenon lights. I am pretty sure the lights will be LED rather than bi xenon?

The reason I ask is im heading to france 4th july and wondering do I need to carry a set of spare bulbs with me as per regulations. If I do what should I order? The dealer reckons the bi xenons would be expensive... but I reckon I need leds...

Cheers,

Mick

1 hour ago, Micks_address said:

hi folks,

my facelift is almost at the dealers and will be ready for 1st July collection. I have a question re the lights on the facelift. I went for the Sports pack (Irish spec on top of style spec) which gives me sports seats, hawk alloys, spoiler and what the dealer reckons is bi xenon lights. I am pretty sure the lights will be LED rather than bi xenon?

The reason I ask is im heading to france 4th july and wondering do I need to carry a set of spare bulbs with me as per regulations. If I do what should I order? The dealer reckons the bi xenons would be expensive... but I reckon I need leds...

Cheers,

Mick

30 minutes ago, paddy wagon said:

They will be LED, they have stopped by xenon now.

No need for extra bulbs with the xenon as they sense that are on the continent and self adjust.

I would imagine the LED set do similar

I just want onto the Irish configurator, just to be nosey.  The have listed Bi-Xenon lights as a ~£1k option.  I also saw that the Sports Pack is a 600 euro option?  I doubt you're getting Xenons or LEDs for that price as well as the other contents of the pack, whatever they are.  The caveat of course being that the configurator has in the past been a little out of sync with what's actually getting built.

10 minutes ago, SC03OTT said:

Have they actually updated the configurator? Was showing no pricing for last couple of months. I paid 1450 for the pack which included sports seats, spoiler kit.. 17 hawk alloys and the bi xenons.. which im guessing will be leds (just checked and looks like they have updated)

I just want onto the Irish configurator, just to be nosey.  The have listed Bi-Xenon lights as a ~£1k option.  I also saw that the Sports Pack is a 600 euro option?  I doubt you're getting Xenons or LEDs for that price as well as the other contents of the pack, whatever they are.  The caveat of course being that the configurator has in the past been a little out of sync with what's actually getting built.

Edited by Micks_address

1 minute ago, BGB said:

Cant decide if I like the Scout without the plastic trim on the side, I feel that something is missing. On the other hand it is much cleaner.

I'm pricing up the rub strips tomorrow. It looks a bit bare

Well I've gone and done it. Test drove a vRS tsi dsg Estate yesterday and fell in love. Have now placed a order for a vRS tsi dsg hatch. Probably get it around mid Sept to end Sept. I'll miss my vRS TDI mk3, especially the £30 tax! 

Have gone for these options

Corrida red 

Space saver spare

Winter pack 

Black pack

Front parking sensors 

DCC 

Not sure if I should've gone for the alcantara seats. What are the cloth seats like on the new FL vRS? 

Edited by djkarlos

Nice, well done whilst, I sincerely hope you do get your new car quickly, I think September maybe over optimistic.

With regards the seats, its a lotta money as you have to spec the "heated" but, I dpn't know if thats already in the Winter pack.

I've only got the Alcantra seats as they're standard on the vRS245

I've seen a few FL models on the road now and I honestly don't know what all the fuss is about with the new front lights, the car looks great to me. It looks like it means business, almost angry! The one I saw in town in white look fantastic (though I couldn't be arsed keeping it clean)!

5 weeks and counting till I pick up ours...

Cheers,

Jamie

• Like 2

I'm close to deciding on a new vRS estate for my next car and am looking at the options list.  I've been sent a PDF by a dealer which shows Light Assistant as being standard on the vRS but there is an option for Intelligent Light Assistant with High Beam control, which is £310. Can anyone tell me what this gives you? The descriptions against each seem pretty similar:

Intelligent light assistant with high beam control automatically controls and adapts the high beam headlights to current traffic situations, protecting oncoming drivers from being blinded by actively dipping the high-beam.

Light assistant this high beam assistant automatically switches on and off the high beam according to light conditions and the traffic situation. Using the camera located at the top of the windscreen, the system monitors outside sources of light, such as other vehicles, public lighting in cities, etc. Also includes auto dimming rear view mirror for SE.

Also, I'm unsure as to whether to go for the Power Boot or not. I keep the car garaged and have always had problems with hatches in the past as you can't open the boot without it hitting the up-and-over garage door.  That's why I went for a saloon last time! But now a growing family means I really need an estate. I understand that the Power Boot allows you to set the height that the lid will open, potentially solving this problem. Is this right or is there a way to set the height if you don't have the Power Boot (other than keeping hold of it)?

1 hour ago, JamieA said:

I've seen a few FL models on the road now and I honestly don't know what all the fuss is about with the new front lights, the car looks great to me. It looks like it means business, almost angry! The one I saw in town in white look fantastic (though I couldn't be arsed keeping it clean)!

5 weeks and counting till I pick up ours...

Cheers,

Jamie

Angry for being cross-eyed.

• Like 2

@Micks_address very well looking.Congrats!

What are the wheels type/name/size?

Is the chrome at the front down bellow an extra or standard?Chrome that connects the fog lights..

Is there a spoiler on the back trunk?What are the other specs?What is the black line on the doors bellow?

Edited by TTodorov

They are 17" hawk alloys. They came as part of a 'sports pack' which gave me the hawk alloys, spoiler on the boot, the strips on the doors, sunset glass, sports seats, and bi xenon lights (think these are surely leds). Not a big fan of diamond cut alloys to be honest but they were only option given to me. The tyres are dunlops I think but I have agreed them to be changed to michellin crossclimate plus at cost price to me. I have a few more pictures I can throw up later. Just came in today.. hate that I cant go pick it up.. its 2 litre, 150 bhp diesel, dsg, added canton and dab.. footwell lighting, door sils, mats, mud flaps, boot liner, steel pedals/foot rest..

@Micks_address very well looking.Congrats!

What are the wheels type/name/size?

Is the chrome at the front down bellow an extra or standard?Chrome that connects the fog lights..

Is there a spoiler on the back trunk?What are the other specs?What is the black line on the doors bellow?

inter.jpg

back.jpg

wheels.jpg

front.jpg

Edited by Micks_address
  • Like 3