Octavia III Facelift

2 hours ago, Tim1631 said:

Hi. 

Any decent shots of the standard 230 seats please. Front and the rear. Plus the back of the front seats please 

Thanks a lot

Hope this thread helps

Or even relevant. Leather in a car of any pretensions is massively overrated in my opinion. Cloth seats remove the need for heated seats which just add weight and sap energy. Less slippy, more high tech and less pipe and slippers 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stever750 said:

Or even relevant. Leather in a car of any pretensions is massively overrated in my opinion. Cloth seats remove the need for heated seats which just add weight and sap energy. Less slippy, more high tech and less pipe and slippers 

The one big plus with leather is cleaning

7 hours ago, themanwithnoaim said:

I had Alcantra in my elegance for 3-1/2 years without a problem 

Dunno WTF some of you guys use your car for that it could possible need leather for cleaning

Kids ;)

9 hours ago, Micks_address said:

The one big plus with leather is cleaning

1 hour ago, Tim1631 said:

Kids ;)

Oh yep...

Milk, fruit juice or carsickness vomit + cloth seats = nightmare.

Alcantara maybe not quite so bad.

Leather (real or not) = wipe it off. Combine it with rubber mats for the floor and the kid mess is reasonably manageable.

1 hour ago, pist0nbr0ke said:

Oh yep...

Milk, fruit juice or carsickness vomit + cloth seats = nightmare.

Alcantara maybe not quite so bad.

Leather (real or not) = wipe it off. Combine it with rubber mats for the floor and the kid mess is reasonably manageable.

I blame the parents !!!

Really, that kinda **** don't get into my car, my daughter gets water in the car, if she needs to eat, we stop at services ect.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, themanwithnoaim said:

I blame the parents !!!

Really, that kinda **** don't get into my car, my daughter gets water in the car, if she needs to eat, we stop at services ect.

No, the parents haven't been car sick yet :biggrin:

With three kids, life's too short to worry about it. I reckon if I donated 6 months worth of food debris from the car, world hunger would be history...

Why not just fit a waterproof seat cover over  the rear seat and save a fortune! We've got a dog that site on the backseat, and that's I use, it would be perfect for preventing vomit stain!

Edited by stever750

1 hour ago, pist0nbr0ke said:

No, the parents haven't been car sick yet :biggrin:

With three kids, life's too short to worry about it. I reckon if I donated 6 months worth of food debris from the car, world hunger would be history...

We always have had a no eat policy in the car

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Micks_address said:

We always have had a no eat policy in the car

Same here, in all cars I have ever owned, only beverages allowed.

On short trips there is no reason for eating in the car - on long trips some of the fun is pit stops and roadside diners.

I'm afraid I was never that strict about it, it's just a car not  a shrine to me. Nothing ever happened that I couldn't  clean up later and a few food crumbs are just part of normal living! 

Edited by stever750