VRS TDI Estate Remap?

I'm pretty confident that any remapping does not care if you have an estate or sedan, but stating whether it is diesel or petrol to be mapped would be helpful or any useful comments.

I'm pretty confident that any remapping does not care if you have an estate or sedan, but stating whether it is diesel or petrol to be mapped would be helpful or any useful comments.

It is in the topic - TDI, therefore, Diesel ;

As to the OP: There is a member here in the forum that is building a bespoke 4x4 Diesel VRS with loads of upgraded parts (Turbo included) and a custom remap.

Will ping him (Petunet) to chime in

I have heard that the results are great and on paper they look amazing but I would like to know if anyone has had any trouble with part failing due to the increase in power eg. Gearbox, brakes etc...

Gaz, have you had one done?

Dan

No, sorry Dan, I was just being flippant.  Mine's petrol anyway.  I had a DTUK box but decided against fitting it due to insurance renewal premiums.  Likely to get a remap, but not until it's out of warranty as I know my bloody luck on that front!

At JKM on Saturday, Kate said the six speed DSG box seems to be more robust than the manual's when it comes to increased power.

Gaz

Hi All,

Has anyone had their VRS Estate remapped? are you happy with it, would you recommend it, any problems? I would love you know your thoughts.

Dan

I've been debating this for a while now. I have a 2013 mk3 VRS 184 so was gonna use shark performance. Have used them before with great reliable results. I've driven theirs that they brought and developed and it's a weapon

Fake exhaust?

Perhaps a reference to their being an exhaust outlet on only one side of the car (at the rear) on diesels, whereas the petrol vRS has two outlets.

Gaz

Maybe. Not sure why that would stop a remap though.

It won't.  Plenty of diesel's get mapped and there are some very respected companies out there getting impressive results.

Gaz

I have changed my exhaust to a Fox stainless exhaust with pipes on both sides.

While that did have a measurable effect, +2hp / 7Nm but isn't worth it if you are looking for just more power.

I wanted a "Petrol-look" so I consider this a good investment.

A "remap only" gets you from 184hp to 220-230hp and from 380 to about 450Nm torque.

Which is just fine, only a little too mild for my taste.

After remap it didn't feel "tuned", it was just like it should have been as a factory standard.

Edit, pictures added.

30080402533_b8a38c397b_z.jpg

30082703474_e61bcb127a_z.jpg

Edited by Petunet
  • Like 2

Here's the link:

http://www.fox-sportauspuff.de/store-products.php?language=en&pName=skoda-octavia-5e-4x4-final-silencer-rightleft-2x90-type-16-rightleft-p-16186&cName=car-skoda-octavia-5e-4x4-c-1_429_433_2779_2885

I got a small discount but we had to manufacture new pipe ends, they don't make exhausts to RS TDI 4x4.

It is a bit deeper sound but really not much difference. You wouldn't know unless you can compare.