Fabia vrs pulling under acceleration

Hi guys bit of a weird one i bought my fabia vrs last week basically if i accelerate it pulls me to the left if i let of the throttle it jumps back to either straigh or a smidge to the right iv checked tyre pressures and had a full wheel alignment today , only had an mot last week before i bought it what could be causing this as im stumped ?

Rear end of lower arms/wishbones go into them.

One of the most common Fabia problems.

Guide here.

MOT should have picked up a really bad one, but you never know what might get missed.

Edited by Wino

Just had these replaced in wife's car, had a knocking sound then spotted both where totally knackered. Got local garage to do the job, just didn't fancy doing it myself

Having had them replaced it's totally transformed the car, thought for along time the steering felt horrible but thought it was with me getting a new car but it's back to how I remember it used to be

Awsome im going to order some tomorow and get mechanic to put them on did you go for the upgraded ones ?

The ones you linked to with the metal outer casing are the best. They are used on the Seat Ibiza Cupra.

So had it checked looked at today he thinks ther is no problem with the bushes he couldnt find any play and says that they look uprated bushes he said it looks like the engine is leaning slightly though are these suppose to lean a slight bit ?

Leaning slightly? Engine mount?

The way the mounts are designed means this can't happen, I smell a rat, the engine cannot lean to one side, only forwards and back and that won't produce the symptoms described.

The only way to get these symptoms is through wishbone movement so it has to be bushes, if not the console bushes then the front bushes.

The way he described it was if i tried to change engine oil it wouldnt all come out as it was leaning the opposite way ? This was sts holborn witch is part of kwik fit so maybe there not as knowledgable i dont no iv got another garage looking at it tommorow

The way he described it was if i tried to change engine oil it wouldnt all come out as it was leaning the opposite way ? This was sts holborn witch is part of kwik fit so maybe there not as knowledgable i dont no iv got another garage looking at it tommorow

I'm sorry chap but that garage sounds retarded, see what the others say tomorrow. All that's needed is a four-poster, a big pry bar and someone non-retarded attached to the pry bar. An MOT tester perhaps.

• Like 2

Fair enough i wasnt sure cheers mate will report back tommorow once garage looks at it , hopefully get this sorted its doing my head in now all i want is for it to drive straight under acceleration ????

Torque Steer? Is it remapped? Search the Forum. There are plenty of threads on this for MK1 VRS's.

You say you have had full alignment check? Is it one where they place the lasers/mirrors resting against the tyres or one where the same are fastened to the metal of the wheel rims? I've never trusted the former. Do you have a print out of the results? Best ones to go for are the Hunter Alignment centers. 

Worn suspension components. Subframe at an angle? My mate had a strange problem where the alloy mounting for the console bushes itself was split/cracked. Didn't show up under MOT scrutiny as the force to move it was only there under hard braking. Caused the whole front wheel to move backwards!!  As he was replacing all the bushes he bought a subframe from a scrapper, replaced all the bushes and ball joints. Got the garage to drop the whole old subframe and bolted the replacement in place. A quick and easier way to do it.