All windows down!

IanJD

My wife went out this morning, came back and parked the car on the drive and locked it (L&K with KESSY). Some time later our helpful window cleaner said "Do you know all your car windows are open?" Had to open car, get in, turn on ignition, wind all windows up, lock car again.

Has anybody else had this happen? Obviously worrying if the car decides to do this on its own, it's not exactly secure...

If you press and hold the unlock button on the remote, it lowers all the windows...

If you hold down lock button, any open window will close.

Maybe someone sat on the key when it was in a pocket...?

Wife claims she didn't use or press the remote at all, but will disable the function since we never use it -- thanks for the suggestion. Makes a change from my previous E-class estate, with that I came out several mornings to find the tailgate open -- or wedged open against the garage door if it was parked too close...

Makes a change from my previous E-class estate, with that I came out several mornings to find the tailgate open -- or wedged open against the garage door if it was parked too close...

Don't worry the Superb does this as well!, there has been many posts on here about it.
As I keep my key in my pocket at all times mine does it at least once a week but have never got the windows to open as well!

Problem is that the buttons are flush or even proud of the fob, been waiting for someone to produce a fob cover which should solve the problem but no one has yet, the Superb 3 key is a new design and no one as yet sells a correct cover for it.

• 5 months later...

To add to this: on two occasions,after wet and windy weather, I have found all 4 windows open. Both times the car was parked at home and the key in a drawer. First time I put it down to forgetful old me. But it happened two days ago in the height of driving rain and gale force winds at night. Is there a sensor/relay that is prone to this?

Thanks.

Edited by Trio rains
Politeness

23 minutes ago, Trio rains said:

To add to this: on two occasions,after wet and windy weather, I have found all 4 windows open. Both times the car was parked at home and the key in a drawer. First time I put it down to forgetful old me. But it happened two days ago in the height of driving rain and gale force winds at night. Is there a sensor/relay that is prone to this?

Thanks.

It happened to us the other week, also. The first time I came back to part open front windows, but assumed I'd somehow forgotten to close them. It had rained, but luckily the wind deflectors had kept the car dry. The next day, we went on a day trip and ended up coming back early to the car due to horrendous rain... Only to find the front windows both about half way down and the seats soaked. :dry: Definitely not my fault that time, as my wife and I had made a point of acknowledging to each other the windows were closed as we locked up and walked away, due to the events the day previous! It hasn't happened since, touch wood, so it's a bit pointless to ask the stealer. Annoying though.

13 minutes ago, daveo138 said:

Does it only happen to KESSY equipped cars, or do they all do it?

My car doesn't have KESSY. 

1 minute ago, BungayBoy said:

Had this issue when my previous car was new (Octy 3). I disabled the auto window down function and never had the problem again.

Remind me?... Or do you mean the convenience opening?

Edited by Rainmaker

8 hours ago, Rainmaker said:

Remind me?... Or do you mean the convenience opening?

Yes, I think it was the convenience opening. (Made sure it was disabled it on the day I bought the Superb).

Edited by BungayBoy

A bit different but it might help someone,

On my Octavia 230 Vrs I have had auto closing activated. It works off the Auto wipers sensor.

If the windows/sunroof are open and it rains the windows/sunroof close when the car is open or locked. I would think this function would work on a car with Kessy. It might be of use if the windows are down and you hadn't realised, you wont get wet seats if it rains

All done with a VCDS

Twice now with my SEAT Alhambra i have gone out early morning to move it because works were ongoing and all 4 windows have been fully down in my car.

Twice the Gas works were happening, road workers, gas workers and many workers about having moved their equipment in early.

I asked the Transco guys if they still used radios and they said only phones, but the heavy plant moving HGV's were using radio systems and not CB's.

Years since i had any car that could be affected near Taxi Office Transmitters or even police station relays.

I good few years ago there were Utility Company workers outside my home that affected me and other neighbours Digital TV's / Boxes.

Edited by Awayoffski