Simply Clever Ice Scraper

When I bought my car last month, I thought the Ice Scraper hidden in the Fuel Flap door was a brilliant touch and that it would be very handy for winter.

Reality... it's minus 2.5c this morning and the fuel flap door is frozen shut so It's not easily accessible. Not the first morning I've found this. Did Skoda not think of this, or are you supposed to store it somewhere else for the duration of Winter just in case you actually need to use it?!

• Like 2

Nice to have if you have not got another scraper handy. I've always used hot tap water. I've had around five cracked windscreens.

None of them from hot water.

Doesn't help with side windows, which is where my scratches are.

This... it's precisely the reason for requiring my scraper this morning. Front and back cleared themselves in the meantime, but sides still frozen solid.

Edited by ahenners

And have my insurers laugh down the phone at me when I try to claim after it's been stolen from the drive? I'll stick to the tepid water thanks.

Unlikely many thieves around at 7am on a dark freezing cold morning.

Besides what's the point of scraping? You've still got to get the engine up to a certain temperature to prevent misting on the inside.

There are plenty thieves on the prowel for unsuspecting motorist who leave cars unattended. It's easy pickings. Three were taken near me in as many days last winter. I'll bet every owner thought "it'll never happen to me".

There are plenty thieves on the prowel for unsuspecting motorist who leave cars unattended. It's easy pickings. Three were taken near me in as many days last winter. I'll bet every owner thought "it'll never happen to me".

Fair point.

Perhaps I've been playing with fire these past 20 years.

I'd still sit inside the car and wait for the engine to warm up as opposed to getting a scraper out!

Fan heater stuck between the front seats blowing towards screen, long mains lead, switch on 10 minutes before you want to use the car.

De-ices car wit a bonus that the car is warm inside long enough for the car heater to come on.

(requires car on driveway)

• Like 1

Fan heater stuck between the front seats blowing towards screen, long mains lead, switch on 10 minutes before you want to use the car.

De-ices car wit a bonus that the car is warm inside long enough for the car heater to come on.

(requires car on driveway)

This.

Not rocket science people, cavemen worked out a way to keep their surroundings warm...........

Do yourself a favour and google 'swedish ice scraper'

You'll never buy a cheap one again. They're awesome.

I'll dig a link out...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B009SKM7Z4/ref=mp_s_a_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1480415110&sr=1-10π=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65

I'll vouch for this scraper. Second winter it has been used now and really effective, best product so far. I have also used the Iceplane and was not as effective in my opinion. I do however apply the night before a Halfords own brand "Night Before De-icer" which reduces the effort needed the next morning to scrape the ice off.