DTUK Pedal Box

Very very quick review of the DTUK Pedal Box. As usual Andrew and the team at DTUK are amazing!

The pedal box literally took less than 5 minutes to install and I can honestly say that it is amazing, it completely transforms the car. I would highly recommend asking Father Christmas for one!

I'm happy to answer any questions ????

• Like 1

Very very quick review of the DTUK Pedal Box. As usual Andrew and the team at DTUK are amazing!

The pedal box literally took less than 5 minutes to install and I can honestly say that it is amazing, it completely transforms the car. I would highly recommend asking Father Christmas for one!

Been tempted for a long time but Churchkill did not want to entertain it. However my Ins is up early Jan so will get a quote from CK once I have the renewal.

How can I resist your offer? A question then, My 1.4TSI DSG is brilliant except I find that there is a flat spot at pull away, pedal moves but car doesn't until pedal pushed further, also when gently driving the pick up seems slow, don't know to explain it clearly but  I am sure/hope? you will know what I mean. I would like to remove the pick up delay.

Ideally I would like to find someone with the pedal box on a 1.4 TSI around Watford Herts that I could 'try'.

Totally agree. It's a must, better than just having the DTUK box. When I turn the pedal box off, the car feels so sluggish and unresponsive!!

I'm a bit tempted to try the box, but I keep wondering is it really worth a good idea. My concern is having a 3-rd party gizmo put in between oem components of one of the most vital/potentially dangerous systems of the car.

Is this only a pedal response curve adjustment or something more?

Did any of you ever observe any erratic reaction? Does the response curve cause somewhat noticeable decrease in throttle response at higher load (foot deep down ;) position?

All and any feedback would be nice;

Cheers!

AJW1100, if you get down my way let me know, I know an owner of the same car as yours that would be more than happy to let you try it out.

Sorely tempted! You're only around an hour or so from me, M25 on a good day! I'm retired so fairly flexible on times. I'm assuming the owner is in your neck of the woods.....

My Octy is still under warranty so do not want to risk a 'get out' in case of a later problem. Would the fitting of this leave a trace if removed, prior to a service, when they connect up their Sinclair ZX at the next service?

I am fairly sure I will keep the Octy at the end of the PCP, not as silky smooth as my 5 Series 3L estate but is no where near as horrendous on road tax, insurance, parts, fuel or crippling service costs etc.

I'm a bit tempted to try the box, but I keep wondering is it really worth a good idea. My concern is having a 3-rd party gizmo put in between oem components of one of the most vital/potentially dangerous systems of the car.

Is this only a pedal response curve adjustment or something more?

Did any of you ever observe any erratic reaction? Does the response curve cause somewhat noticeable decrease in throttle response at higher load (foot deep down ;) position?

All and any feedback would be nice;

Cheers!

I've had my pedal box for 2 years and not experience any odd behaviour and gets rid of dead pedal lag. It made by DTE which is German TUV approved so there should no worries about safety.

• Like 1

The car is with me Wednesday the 7th from lunchtime, the car in question being a 1.4 TSI DSG with no modification other than the pedal box.

PM me if you want directions.

I thought the owner in question ran a tuning box too??

Bang for buck the DTUK Pedal Box was great on my 184 TDI vRS. You would notice it far more when it's removed compared to the CRD-T Tuning box being removed. The car feels so unresponsive without it. However in these wet/damp winter road conditions I find you have to knock it back quite a bit on the settings otherwise you just end up with wheel-spin all the time in 1st, 2nd gear take off.

• Like 1

The car is with me Wednesday the 7th from lunchtime, the car in question being a 1.4 TSI DSG with no modification other than the pedal box.

PM me if you want directions.

Thanks a lot for the offer, I will have to talk nicely to swmbo, we are carers for 2 disabled live in relations and Wednesday is the only day a week my wife and I have to ourselves, well 10~4 anyway while they go into day care. We usually try to get out and do something for ourselves. I will suggest a run out to Farnborough, anything around there nice to visit? Other than the Octy!

If you have VCDS you could always try THIS tweak. Caveat is it does not work on all setups but it has worked on some Octys.

Not as configurable as a peddlebox but useful if it works to give you the idea

Other usual caveats about indicators not working, car suddenly tailgating etc etc also apply  :p

Thanks a lot for the offer, I will have to talk nicely to swmbo, we are carers for 2 disabled live in relations and Wednesday is the only day a week my wife and I have to ourselves, well 10~4 anyway while they go into day care. We usually try to get out and do something for ourselves. I will suggest a run out to Farnborough, anything around there nice to visit? Other than the Octy!

I'll have Google around for what's open but, Farnborough is the UK birthplace of Aviation and Aldershot the home of the British Army is just 3 miles away. Farnham 8 miles away has lots of oldie worldie art'n'craft type shops if SAMBO likes that kinda thing.

I'll PM you

If you have VCDS you could always try THIS tweak. Caveat is it does not work on all setups but it has worked on some Octys.

Not as configurable as a peddlebox but useful if it works to give you the idea

Other usual caveats about indicators not working, car suddenly tailgating etc etc also apply  :p

tried this, didnt notice any difference except  subsequently threw some errors about coding and vehicle configuration

vrs tdi 2015 

any ideas?