Pics of mudflaps on meteor grey estate?

14EU a pair from Superskoda, can't go wrong! one thing I did find out when fitting the rears is the rear bumper is VERY flimsy, you can shake it about all over the place with little force, not impressed there!

Here goes.

Apologies for pic quality, taken on first gen iPad, not known for its camera.

Side.

post-111838-0-31516700-1480839616_thumb.jpeg

Rear

post-111838-0-07768000-1480839696_thumb.jpeg

Front

post-111838-0-06801800-1480839742_thumb.jpeg

I make no apologies for the cleanliness of Bismark, she was out on 'Dad Taxi' duties until the small hours...

I don't mind them on there, they do save the car a bit and are fairly subtle. :)

Edited by Mence
  • Like 1

Thanks Mence, much appreciated. I think I'll go for them.

I do wonder if wheels spacers on my Extremes are causing a bit more cack to be flung up the side due to the wider track and the wheels therefore being closer to the edge of the wheelarches? My winter wheels have a lower offset and also sit further out than original setup, without any spacers.

Never really thought about it before!

:wonder:

Thanks Mence, much appreciated. I think I'll go for them.

I do wonder if wheels spacers on my Extremes are causing a bit more cack to be flung up the side due to the wider track and the wheels therefore being closer to the edge of the wheelarches? My winter wheels have a lower offset and also sit further out than original setup, without any spacers.

Never really thought about it before!

:wonder:

I've got 7mm ones on the back and haven't noticed any difference in how dirty the car gets as a result.

+1

take more care over speed humps and reversing up to kerbs

Is yours standard height (for a vrs?) - I have this exact spec hopefully arriving this week!

Very lovely motor!

Is yours standard height (for a vrs?) - I have this exact spec hopefully arriving this week!

Very lovely motor!

Yep standard height except when Exhibition stand on the back seat and Oscar the boot - still no  probs though, im not convinced they keep it cleaner though should provide some  protection from road grit

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I've just bought the 4 x 4 Vrs estate and the parts department are saying Skoda will not let them fit the rears due to the 4 x 4? Is there an issue there is it still only ride height?

Would rather spend £15 then have to repair the bumper due to chips etc.

If you often drive on country roads where mud comes onto the road then front mudflaps reduce the amount of mud thrown up onto the front wings and front doors, and rear mudflaps reduce the amount of mud thrown up onto the rear bumper (and window on an estate/combi).

Well worth having for the relativley low cost and ease of fitting yourself IMHO.

Edited by PetrolDave

I've just bought the 4 x 4 Vrs estate and the parts department are saying Skoda will not let them fit the rears due to the 4 x 4? Is there an issue there is it still only ride height?

Would rather spend £15 then have to repair the bumper due to chips etc.

What absolute BS!

Find a decent dealer or fit them yourself, it's simple. Mine is a 4x4 vRS and I've had no problems.

Edited by pist0nbr0ke