5th Gear issue after remap

Richiew79

Hi all, have an issue with my Monte Carlo after having it remapped. The car revs through all gears no problem except 5th gear as at about 3000rpm really starts to struggle going much further. Got on to the people who did the map and they though it could be due to the speed limiter as it reaches the 117mph around that point in 5th, so they removed the limiter and the issue still happens, anybody shed any light on the problem.

Can't say I've ever took mine to that speed to find out, I guess people on track days might notice and let you know.

Think you'll struggle to find a track to get a Monte to that speed!

Surely they have a rolling road they can run it to that speed?

Sounds that the restrictive speed limit is still on, mine can rev above 3000RPM in 5th was done by Superchips and they said they would remove it and said it's for motorsport use only but still it's off anyway.

Can check the value on vcds mines set to 250kmh now. Never going to get that high.

Tbh I've had to have it back in touch wuth the garage a few times since it was mapped 6 weeks ago first to get the limiter removed which I am dubious about and also I was told it had been mapped to around 140bhp but having it on the rolling road last Friday was told it was 20bhp less at 120. Got straight on the phone and told them that I couldn't justify paying £300 for a 15bhp gain and was told they'd have it back in, sort of regretting choosing that garage Now. Here's the website if you want to give opinion

http://www.cartorquenortheast.co.uk/remap/

Tbh I've had to have it back in touch wuth the garage a few times since it was mapped 6 weeks ago first to get the limiter removed which I am dubious about and also I was told it had been mapped to around 140bhp but having it on the rolling road last Friday was told it was 20bhp less at 120. Got straight on the phone and told them that I couldn't justify paying £300 for a 15bhp gain and was told they'd have it back in, sort of regretting choosing that garage Now. Here's the website if you want to give opinion

Is it a 105? Mine made 114.5bhp stock did they do a before run? Edited by AMD87

Think it's a generic map, weird how they can offer 3 powers of the map without any hardware mods like stage 2.

It's got to be the speed restrictor left on as mine stopped at 200kmh before even with a tuning box fitted. Even on the way home from Superchips it went above that so I knew straight away it had worked. But it's a 145hp ish diesel so I don't expect much after 100mph as they aren't made for that. Mid range pull is good also motorway from 50/70 is good so as for top speed it's pointless even without limiter.

Had my vrs done at Ade tuning on Friday, with a milltek fitted. I could barely watch on rolling road watching engine move around. After discussing variables and known issues of the 1.4tsi of map we took it out for spin went through every gear. Ask them to put it back and take it somewhere else

Think it's a generic map, weird how they can offer 3 powers of the map without any hardware mods like stage 2.

It's got to be the speed restrictor left on as mine stopped at 200kmh before even with a tuning box fitted. Even on the way home from Superchips it went above that so I knew straight away it had worked. But it's a 145hp ish diesel so I don't expect much after 100mph as they aren't made for that. Mid range pull is good also motorway from 50/70 is good so as for top speed it's pointless even without limiter.

I have the 105 1.6 tdi, nah didn't have a run before the map,so I'm just assuming it's 105 as standard but it felt canny decent to start with. So yours pulled 114 as standard?

114.5bhp and 201.8lbs ft only mod you could argue is that it lives on VPower diesel.

114.5bhp and 201.8lbs ft only mod you could argue is that it lives on VPower diesel.

Yeah I'm running on the vpower as well, gotta say I'm well impressed with my Monte. Just not sure what the garage has done for the 300 notes I gave them ha

Yeah mine pulls like a good'n through the mid range but once in 5th it just seemed to hover around 3/3.5rpm but felt like it could go some more and was holding back a little. Just a bit miffed with the garage telling me it was mapped to around 140 also and finding it coming up short at 120 also

I'd take it back and ask them to put it back to standard and try find another company to remap it, shark are good, Superchips.. few big names out there that can give decent remaps.

I think that sounds like a savvy idea. Just looking back at the website and seeing what they say can be achieved probably drew me in but sort of wishing I hadn't now as they haven't really explained anything about the map to me. I'm just putting my faith and money in these guys to do a good job when really do they really know enough about remaps in the first place.

Well i've not had any problems at with my 1.2 tsi petrol custom remap with a dyno before of 88hp then remap to 120.7hp/157 lbs ft, will easily reach 65 in second gear.

I've had powerflex bushes fitted and the stiffer lower engine mount meant at idle the car would rock with the aircon on, the guy who mapped mine at my request increase the idle by 50rpm to cure the rock.

I had tried franchises for Quantum/APR/BHP and Superchips all said they could not map a 84hp.

Had my 1.6 tdi 105 Monte Carlo re-mapped beginning of November by AMD Tuning.  Stage 1 adaptive.  Well pleased with the results.  No issues so far.

I had already fitted a K&N air filter element and a straight through CAT back Power Flow exhaust.

Standard was 117.2bhp  with 214.6lb-ft torque.

After re-map was 149.8bhp  with 250.8lb-ft torque.

post-16335-0-45060000-1482127133_thumb.jpg

post-16335-0-81541700-1482127152_thumb.jpg

post-16335-0-78688400-1482127173_thumb.jpg

• Like 1