Looking for a vRS Estate

Hi all - my first post here in the sunny land of Octavia :-) although I've been on the forums for a few years as a Yeti owner
I'd like to replace the Yeti with something a bit sportier so I'm looking to buy a vRS Estate (ideally TSI with with DSG)

Just thought I'd see if anyone was thinking of selling - maybe coming to the end of a PCP and looking at their options ?

Budget is up to about £13K - so it will be a 2013-2014 car I guess, but if it came with a bit of warranty left, that would be a bonus

Please let me know if you are thinking of selling

Pete

Don't know the car but the same one is also for sale on ebay, should of had a service I would of thought, especially now being on 34,336 miles with the last service done at 19k, nearly 16,000 miles & no service on a petrol TSI?

Hold out mate, you will find one you're after, just keep looking, don't settle for manual especially if you want DSG, I have a TSI DSG (first DSG) I have owned & I don't look back one bit.

Maybe try & save a couple of grand more if you can, definitely look for (63) plate onwards.

• Like 1

Yes, it does seem to be well overdue a service.  Perhaps it's on variable, but even then, 16K miles would be a bit of a stretch
Reading between the lines, I think they are saying : it's due a service, but we have no intention of doing it :-)

Anyway, thanks for the advice

• Like 1

A lot of those OV reg cars are ex skoda uk cars, hopefully not a thrashed press office car.

Also try and get a later one. The MIB1 radio has a tiny screen and slow. MIB2 came out May 2015.

• Like 1

Thanks.  I've got alerts setup up on Autotrader and also Pistonheads 

That one might be of interest ... http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201612230810174

although I think it's a bit over-priced considering it's 2 months shy of being 3 years old

But ideally I'd like to buy one privately if anyone is thinking of selling - then we can both dodge avoid the dealer markup :-)

Hi 

i am selling mine but is a Metalic blue, salon  manual, diesel with 39k milage full dealer service 12 months MOT . A bit different to what you would like but if interested please e mail me 

Thanks

Thanks. I've got alerts setup up on Autotrader and also Pistonheads

That one might be of interest ... http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201612230810174

although I think it's a bit over-priced considering it's 2 months shy of being 3 years old

But ideally I'd like to buy one privately if anyone is thinking of selling - then we can both dodge avoid the dealer markup :-)

I always looks at the GMFV on the finance calculator:

http://www.skoda.co.uk/tools/finance-calculator/default/

a 3 yr old VRS 220 DSG estate with 30k miles has a GMFV of £10271.

So that used one at £16490 is all the money for it....

If you are financing the purchase why not have a new one on the current deal, 0% with £2k deposit contribution and £500 free fuel. Even though there is the £2k deposit contrib, you should be able to get at least another 15% off the list price also.

I think you need to up the budget a bit... 13k just about gets you into a MK3 VRS. Most of the ones closer to 13k I've seen, have been standard spec with 40/50k+ mileage. 14 or 15k will open up a lot more choice.

Interesting looking at that finance calculator, taking current version of my car the GFMV is £2000 less than mine, which might explain why my car has no equity on the current market, Skoda have certainly trimmed their expectations big time!

Pity you weren't looking for a diesel estate model, looks like I've got to VT mine in a few weeks, excellent condition and low mileage but kind of unwanted at Skoda dealerships funnily enough. I'm doing the opposite from you, moving from an Octavia to a Yeti but this time on PCH to minimise the financial grief, the runout deals on the Yeti L & K model is so much cheaper than taking out another PCP deal, maybe an option for you to consider taking an Octavia VRS on PCH rather than buying one secondhand?

Selling my 2013 Sep VRS Tsi, currently 43k with full service history and last service was a major at 40k done by skoda. She is white, Manual, dealer fitted tinted windows from b pillar back. Also has black pack and the carbon decal pack. Looking 14k. Can send pics if you send me email address. Excellent condition throughout. Enthusiast owned.

Looking to change my VRS estate diesel dsg with 41500 miles. New tyres last year, Canton, cruise,sunset glass, winter pack and extra year warranty. Richard

Looking to change my VRS estate diesel dsg with 41500 miles. New tyres last year, Canton, cruise,sunset glass, winter pack and extra year warranty. Richard

How much you looking for it?

• 1 month later...

I had to pause the search for a few weeks, but still looking for a vRS estate, TSi (with DSG ideally)

So if you are trading one in or thinking of selling, please drop me a line

Thanks

22 minutes ago, phineas said:

I had to pause the search for a few weeks, but still looking for a vRS estate, TSi (with DSG ideally)

So if you are trading one in or thinking of selling, please drop me a line

Thanks

If an estate is an absolute necessity, then please ignore me :), however, have you looked at a Hatch? Reason I say this is I was 100% certain I was going to get an estate, coming from a Mk2 estate. however the Hatch boot is vast (same size as the estate up to the hatch cover). I frequently carry a full PA Kit, plus lots of other bits and since owning the hatch, I don't miss the extra bit of height in the hatch. Thought I'd put that out there, if it helps in any way. Probably a lot more examples of the engine and gearbox you're looking for in the hatch, also.