EGR Issue

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

3 posts in this topic

Does anyone know much about the egr valves on the Octavia 1.9tdi engines? I got an engine light saying 'insufficient flow on egr' I had it removed and cleaned but the gasket blew on it and melted some plastic part next to it and now theres a weird rattle noise. Can anyone advise?

Does anyone know much about the egr valves on the Octavia 1.9tdi engines? I got an engine light saying 'insufficient flow on egr' I had it removed and cleaned but the gasket blew on it and melted some plastic part next to it and now theres a weird rattle noise. Can anyone advise?

Evening.

If you search in the mk1/2 octavia sections or throe the post up there instead, you ll get a quicker answer on it than buried in the ireland meets section. Bit of a quiet corner this bit ;)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Krystianuk
      Hello everyone, i own a mk1 fabia petrol 1.4 16v.

My throttle response is a bit delayed and i am also getting a computer code 16786 which is excessive egr flow.

So at some point in the next few days i wanted to take out and clean my throttle body, and also clean my egr valve... but i was thinking would it be better to blank the egr valve? Does anyone know the advantages and disadvantages for this petrol engine? Will it be beneficial? Thanks in advance
    • By andy-fisher
      Well, having had an engine light on for a few months now I finally got around to trying to sort it out. The fault code indicated EGR insufficient flow. I admit I should have checked the EGR valve before ordering a new one but as I sourced a brand new valve for £45 I thought I'd go for it. 

I removed the old valve (A 5mm ball ended Allen key enables removal of the bottom bolt with relative ease) to be surprised that it wasn't bad at all considering the car has done 179,000 miles and the valve has never been cleaned before. It also held a vacuum to both the EGR and ASV. 

After fitting the new one anyway (having checked it held a vacuum first as it was a cheap valve) I cleared the stored fault code and went for a little drive. After about 150 miles, the light came on again. Same fault code as before. 

Any advice on what to try next? Shall I just clean up the old one and put it back on?

I was going to change the vacuum lines but unsure if I should bother.  The pipe that feeds the exhaust gases to the valve was clear at the valve end but I didn't remove it completely to check the other end.

Is there any way to check the vacuum solenoid block is functioning correctly? The ASV definitely works when turning off the engine but not sure about anything else. If I remove the multi pipe thing after turning off the engine I can hear that there was a vacuum applied.

How does the car measure the flow of exhaust gases to determine that the flow is low?

Sorry for the long post and thanks in advance for any ideas.
    • By NaneK
      Hi everybody,

I am having a bit of problems with my Yeti. It seems that EGR valve is dead.
      I had a warning light come up while driving (3x) and at the Škoda service they said that it was EGR system reporting a error and that it needs to be replaced (whole EGR system - valve, cooler, etc.). Repair is expensive since (in a way) I get nothing from it.

So I went to check for another solution, and I think I have found it, so I am asking for your advice.
      I am thinking about blanking of EGR and doing a remap (110hp to 145hp) at tunning shop in my country (SM Chip tunning).

They offer me a good deal, a remap and EGR problems resolving for price that is 30% cheaper then just replacing EGR at Škoda. So for the almost the same money I get more.

Thing that bugs me is that EGR fault. They said, and I quote: "We can permanently shut off EGR." Now I read that there are more then one way to deal with EGR (or shut it off), software fix, removing, some put metal plates etc. But the outcome is the warning lights. I want to fix this and never again have a EGR warning light or something like that. What do the mean when they say shut it off?

So my question is, what is the best way to "shut off" EGR so it does not make any problems later or warning lights flashing? I don't what to pay for all of this at tunning company and still have limp modes on or warning lights flashing.

Also, I read somewhere that tunning compaines do not "fix" EGR when it's already broken (or something like that). Like they can't "shut it off" if the EGR is faulty, only when it's ok. Is that true?

Prioritety is resolving EGR fault.
      Skoda Yeti 2.0 TDI 81kw 4x4 manual, 111.200 km on the clock

Thanks in advance.
    • By JFN
      Hi:

My car is a Octavia Combi MKII VRS PD170 with the BMN engine code. I want to know if the EGR valve is working correctly and I have a VAG-COM 12.12.0. I replaced weeks ago the OEM EGR gasket with the reduced 9mm gasket. But I´m not sure if the egr is working properly, even if I haven´t the EML light on. So I need help because I´m not an VCDS expert. I read that te EGR of the PD170 is electronically regulated, and I want to know if it´s possible to check and adjust the EGR using the VAG-COM.

Can someone tell if is possible? Or some link to a tutorial to do it? And a reference to the correct values that the EGR need to have in orden to work properly?

Sorry for my english.

Thanks a lot.
    • By nealey
      Fabia VRS Pressure Hose. Brand new. Its the one that go's onto the EGR valve. Part no: 6Q0145838E Year 2004.
      £30 Posted. Or you can collect (still £30), I'm near Loughborough.
      Cheers, Pete.