Sasha's Citigo Monte Carlo

SashaGrace

On 03/02/2017 at 22:00, Hyphons said:

See if yours have the unusual glitch mine have, when it's night, put the setting to headlights on, quickly put your front fogs on, then off and back to auto, if done fast enough your front fog lights will be on it auto mode :D if you switch the car off on auto mode with the fog lights activated, next time you turn the car on and the autolights kick in, the fog lights will still be on, just switch back to headlights on, pop the fogs on then off and back to auto but do it slowly

I tried this today and to my amazement it worked haha, totally useless but it does work :)

Edited by SashaGrace
  • Like 1

Just now, SashaGrace said:

I tried this today am deathly to my amazement it worked haha, totally useless but it does work :)

:D I think it's probably because they aren't strictly speaking designed to work with the car lol, have you got the coming / leaving home lights activated yet?

On 14/01/2017 at 19:38, SashaGrace said:

3DD19EDE-7A3C-4C6F-8950-342D79EAA5CE_zps

Just realised........ Are the tail lights tinted on the Monte Carlo? Or is it just they look dark as it's a white car?

• Like 1

Yes they are tinted :) If you wanted to try and see how the effect would work but can't find the lenses cheap enough, try a fly eyes kit in the meantime :) The lights are still bright enough as they are.

Also I forgot to mention the silver bulbs I ordered for the back are the wrong size so back to the drawing board, will not be beaten!! All quiet on the Citigo front atm, still have my finger all strapped up and the car is in need of a wash! As an aside, an offer has come around to buy one of my old cars back, my Audi A4 Convertible. I'm not interested as it's not a practical car for me to have right now and I wouldn't have the same car twice but it was a really nice car and I enjoyed having the roof off to the point that my first choice of city car before the Citigo was actually a C1 Airscape so I could have the roof open but the rest of the car wasn't as nice as the Skoda and a DS3 Cabrio was too expensive to consider this time round. Saw my old Volvo again the other day as well! Only have the Peugeot to find then I've seen all my old cars in the last week haha :D

37 minutes ago, SashaGrace said:

Yes they are tinted :) If you wanted to try and see how the effect would work but can't find the lenses cheap enough, try a fly eyes kit in the meantime :) The lights are still bright enough as they are.

Also I forgot to mention the silver bulbs I ordered for the back are the wrong size so back to the drawing board, will not be beaten!! All quiet on the Citigo front atm, still have my finger all strapped up and the car is in need of a wash! As an aside, an offer has come around to buy one of my old cars back, my Audi A4 Convertible. I'm not interested as it's not a practical car for me to have right now and I wouldn't have the same car twice but it was a really nice car and I enjoyed having the roof off to the point that my first choice of city car before the Citigo was actually a C1 Airscape so I could have the roof open but the rest of the car wasn't as nice as the Skoda and a DS3 Cabrio was too expensive to consider this time round. Saw my old Volvo again the other day as well! Only have the Peugeot to find then I've seen all my old cars in the last week haha :D

I've looked into the rear amber bulbs, I honestly don't think you can change them for clear, they're the same size as used on motorbikes, you could get LED bulbs which would probably fit, but you you'd have to put up with the error warning on the dash, or use a resistor, if you do find some tho do let me know :) I gave up a long time ago :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WaveyDavey said:

Might have to keep an eye out..... Think they would look well on the mrs' black colour edition. 

How did you search for them @Hyphons? Was it by part number or description?

Just searched for Citigo taillights :) give me a minute and I'll give you the part numbers, picked mine up for £80 used but in excellent condition and picked them up from my local breakers, new I would expect anything up to £150 + 

Offside (Drivers) - 

20170212_182519.jpg

Nearside (Passenger) -

20170212_182539.jpg

Edited by Hyphons
  • Like 1

Another thing as well although you probably already know this, the bulb is a Philips 12093 ry10w na12v, may be worth giving these a go but they will throw a error up, not a warning but disconnect a bulb and you'll see - https://www.amazon.com/Inertia-LED-12093NA-Motorcycle-Replacement/dp/B018UWBPK8

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

If you are having trouble sourcing the correct bulbs, speak to www.emtuning.co.uk and tell him Calvin from Audis in the Park recommended him. Honestly, he is the God of replacement bulbs, LEDs, HIDs etc and if he can't help he will know someone that can. 

• Like 1

On 25/02/2017 at 22:53, cal1470 said:

If you are having trouble sourcing the correct bulbs, speak to www.emtuning.co.uk and tell him Calvin from Audis in the Park recommended him. Honestly, he is the God of replacement bulbs, LEDs, HIDs etc and if he can't help he will know someone that can. 

That's great thanks, will have a gander if I decide to pursue it :)

On 03/03/2017 at 15:59, dave_scotland said:

Sasha I was reading your experiences and updates last night - your car looks great and you have given me a few things to think about - thanks :)

Thanks, hopefully the thread is of use to some people! Sadly I've not got much to report other than my hand is out of splints and bandages now so I can crack on with everything else I need to get around to on the car :) As my hand was still damaged last week I had my Dad fit my new bulbs (Osram Nightbreaker Unlimited) which have made a slight difference and I've been accumulating a few other bits and bobs for the car which has now covered 1400 miles without issue. I've been swamped with work and study so I've not done much but hopefully will have more to report over the coming weeks.

Still considering my options on pedals and the black roof, currently torn between TT and Fabia VRS pedals! I have access to enough black vinyl to do the roof but still in 2 minds. Been meaning to photoshop it but haven't got around to it yet. If I decide to do the roof, I'll wrap it, won't have anyone else touch it! Too many times I see cars with paint that's been damaged by knifes when wrapping. It's never a knife according to who wrapped it though... I'll be using the proper inside out cut tape if I do it!

Edited by SashaGrace
  • Like 3

Sasha you are probably on your third or fourth tank of petrol by now.

Are you using normal unleaded or super unleaded?

When I got my car the dealer said to use super unleaded and indeed the flap over the petrol filler says super unleaded.  However the handbook just says 95 RON which is standard unleaded.

Mine is the lower powered version.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SashaGrace said:

Still considering my options on pedals and the black roof, currently torn between TT and Fabia VRS pedals!

They're the same ;) 

Or do you mean some newer TT or a mk2 Fabia vRS?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, SashaGrace said:

Yeah, something like that. I used to try and use decent petrol in the Audi and the Volvo where I could and I do in the Husky but not the Skoda. 95 RON unleaded is all it'll get haha

thanks

• Like 1

Great thread Sasha! This has certainly given me some ideas for SWMBO's Citigo MC :) I'm liking the variable floor and boot side carpets, which I hadn't seen or heard of before. Did the side carpets come as a set of two or did you have to order left and right? The German website does not mention sides so I think its a pair?

Did you notice much difference in the noise in the car after fitting the arch liners?

• Like 1

Thanks :) The side carpets come as a pair from Germany and someone on the forum has worked out that if you buy the boot floor from Germany as well in the same transaction it works out a few quid cheaper than buying from the dealer :)

I can't say I have noticed any noise reduction from the mods I've done but I haven't been listening out.

Anything that comes from the dealer comes from my local dealer, Sytner Skoda North Wales who still haven't even supplied key rings!!

If I'm really lucky with time there'll be an update over the weekend but it's likely to work out that there'll be a flurry of activity after the end of May when the uni term finishes and my brain stops hurting! I'll only have work to concentrate on then...

Edited by SashaGrace

Thanks for the tip Sasha, I'll look into that later today. I haven't been to Sytner's as they are not that close to me, but may give them a try as we have family over that we. So far Mitchels at Cheshire Oaks have been OK and are handy for my work :)

Edited by Luckypants
  • Like 1