Sasha's Citigo Monte Carlo

SashaGrace

I wouldn't bother, they're lucky if they know what day it is. My Mum bought her Fabia from Mitchell Cheshire Oaks and has been very happy with them, they even painted the roof and mirrors for her and did a decent job of it too. That said though when my Dad went there to see a Superb for sale for £12k with I think 50k on the clock they flatly refused to repair the ruined drivers seat that was so bad the fleather had peeled away and come off!! They were adamant someone would buy it like that because it would be cheap to repair! 

I would nip in if I were passing as they can't be worse than Sytner!

• Like 1

Always been happy with Mitchells-My Citigo (hopefully getting built next week)will be the third Skoda I have purchased off them.Cannot understand them letting a potential sale go out the door just for the sake of a seat repair.

Neither could I after how good they were with my Mum's Fabia but honestly the sales guy wouldn't sort the seat out in the price, only thing he would do was give us the number for someone who would repair it. Apparently they sold it by the time we got home. Wasn't a cheap car but it was competitive for one that had all the spec at the time, it's hard to find an 11MY Superb Estate with electric tailgate, self park and a heated screen but they weren't willing to fix the seat, weren't willing to service it because it wasn't due by time for 4 months (but the car was demanding a service in IIRC 2500 miles), weren't interested in changing the xenon lights as a pair (it had clearly had 1 new xenon bulb recently as the bulbs were 2 completely different colours) and not willing to knock a penny off to compensate. Dad decided to leave it but on the way home we chatted and thought all that could be replaced and it was a car out of manufacturer warranty, once it was bought we'd never have to go back but they seemed to be looking after my Mother OK and investing maybe £500 into the car to make it spot on wouldn't be so bad so thought if we could least get a few £££ off for the clearly obvious issues and some new floor mats and a boot mat thrown in Dad would have it but it had apparently been sold less than 50 mins from leaving. Dad didn't buy a Superb instead having an E250 Mercedes.

On 03/02/2017 at 23:56, Hyphons said:

The opposite in fact ;) you can only have the cold air on for so long if it's raining before the car mists up.. that's when being able to open the window without getting wet because useful :D 

i know its an old post but my 17 citigo has manual air con and whether the air is hot or cold it will remove the condensation from inside has worked like that or the last 5 cars!! i will agree though that the air volume coming in is not massive a little trick i use to equalize air pressure is litteral open a windo about 1cm or less no noise but speeds up the process

Quick question Sasha..... The black Skoda dust caps you bought for the wheels...... Are they plastic or metal? Toying with some for the colour edition but have had bad experiences in the past with metal one's rusting in place etc.... so wondered what quality they were if they were metal.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WaveyDavey said:

Quick question Sasha..... The black Skoda dust caps you bought for the wheels...... Are they plastic or metal? Toying with some for the colour edition but have had bad experiences in the past with metal one's rusting in place etc.... so wondered what quality they were if they were metal.

They are metal i have them on my Fabia MC, They are ok seem to take ages to screw on compared to normal plastic caps though one of them does seem abit tricky at times to screw on but the rest are fine

F6F7D476-EB66-4504-90C6-18D648DF13ED_zps

• Like 2

I wouldn't really recommend looking at the anti-theft ones, they come with very tiny screws that you have to screw into the side of the cap which not only spoils the look but is a pain when you wanna check tyre pressures.. 

unless you wanna annoy your local tyre fitter.

Edited by Jonny118118
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jonny118118 said:

I wouldn't really recommend looking at the anti-theft ones, they come with very tiny screws that you have to screw into the side of the cap which not only spoils the look but is a pain when you wanna check tyre pressures.. 

unless you wanna annoy your local tyre fitter.

Good thing they aren't anti theft ones :tongueout:

• Like 2

If you have metal tyre valve caps then some silicone grease on the valve stem threads can help to prevent the corrosion that causes the caps to weld themselves onto the valve stems.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, WaveyDavey said:

As mentioned they are proper Skoda ones and they are metal. They are of much higher quality than £1 ones (should be for the price!) and a bit of silicone grease keeps them from rusting on. My Dad has cheap eBay ones on the 159 and has done for 4 years and they have been fine with the grease :)

• Like 1

Cheers guys..... I'll get some ordered from the local dealer on Monday as I think they will just finish off the look of the black wheels..... Think they were £14 when I checked the other week.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It's update time!!

Nothing major but a few bits and pieces nonetheless. I've had these vinyl sill protectors for a while as I wanted something on the rear sills to match the Monte Carlo ones on the front. The advert said they were black but they are actually carbon effect. I am undecided if they are quite cool or really awful but there are small marks in the paint appearing here so they'll stay for now. 

Before

DD0382BC-B47C-4F3D-A604-E2FFE2780BD2_zps

After

4BB58262-AC18-4A3C-A14B-4B6D5011FC09_zps

I was going to leave it at that but the kit came with a wider set to go on the outer part of the sill and in the front I thought I'd trial fit one and see how it looked. Ended up looking good so I pressed on.

888EA7BC-085A-4412-B85C-FF1BD2C7166A_zps

Then thought I couldn't do both on the front and not do both on the back so off I went.

1A4191F1-F67C-476D-9059-F6BFADD4D78F_zps

I had to trim the lower ones on the back as in standard size they could be seen with the door shut so I have trimmed them down slightly :)

Wanted to grab a quick shot of the new headlight bulbs so I have done.

C0EE747C-E86F-47E0-AE7A-C5CFB50DC4CB_zps

Really show how yellow the DRL's/sidelights are now. Will have to get my finger out and reorder LED's from a different supplier.

Then I had a brainwave (dangerous I know) and thought I could use my spare vinyl that is supplied to cover where the MC branded sill protector is to protect the boot a little as I noticed this

6D1662F8-D46A-4E0E-BEDD-1E84301AD424_zps

Thought why not try and do something here so cracked on and achieved this

DA71F031-F962-4D47-B457-372751ABBCD3_zps

9D2A2AC6-70A6-4804-89B1-6D162A4B341D_zps

Not perfect but a whole lot better!

I've never been one for adding seatbelt padders but I noticed when wearing a sleeveless top the belt cuts into my shoulder no matter what hight it's set at and that bothered me so I got these.

9BC81BC8-D54F-4787-A708-8674B2457E19_zps

I'm not a fan of them as a style statement but they do serve a purpose so they can stay for now.

And today's mileage is

6742488A-B08D-4FA9-9F95-CCA18981C2B0_zps

Still loving the little beast, had a blast taking it to the Trafford Centre for a day out last week, it coped admirably even with the A/C sapping the power haha. 

Just as I was finishing up a camera was shoved in my face so here I am with the car :D

9914B523-7796-47C9-8EEA-79FC065CE2D5_zps

So here endeth my Sunday, hope you've all had a good one too :D

Edited by SashaGrace
Spelling
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, Hyphons said:

Good idea with the boot, it's bugging the hell out of me because on the Czech Citigo Facebook group I have seen someone who's bought a full plastic trim to cover that whole area up, looks completely OEM

24 minutes ago, SashaGrace said:

It's update time!!

Then I had a brainwave (dangerous I know) and thought I could use my spare vinyl that is supplied to cover where the MC branded sill protector is to protect the boot a little as I noticed this

6D1662F8-D46A-4E0E-BEDD-1E84301AD424_zps

Thought why not try and do something here so cracked on and achieved this

DA71F031-F962-4D47-B457-372751ABBCD3_zps

9D2A2AC6-70A6-4804-89B1-6D162A4B341D_zps

Not perfect but a whole lot better!

Great idea, think I'll have to copy ya with that one, I'm assuming the previous owner of my Citigo was a dog owner and had them jump in the boot. It's got loads of scratches, most of them deep. Never knew what to do with them but now I do! 

• Like 1

I have some carbon effect vinyl kicking around and was toying with the idea of covering the slam panel in the boot. The side carpets would have to come out (again) to do it properly though and they are now fixed in place with Everbuild Power Grip tape so this would be a real challenge.

I also have some 3M VentureShield film which is extremely tough but my roll is not wide enough and the scratches that have already accumulated would show through.

• Like 1

I had a look at the rear panel tonight and it is actually three panels with a fairly obvious spot welded overlap between each and a bucket of seam sealer brushed on where they meet the boot floor. Vinyl wrapping this little lot is a no go. :(

Yeah I wrapped over the join with the carbon piece I have but I'm not sure wrapping is where I want to go. I'm thinking of making a thin fibreglass shell and flocking over it. I'm determined to cover this boot properly!! It's the only bit of the car I don't like; even the cheapest Dacia has a properly trimmed boot...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SashaGrace said:

Yeah I wrapped over the join with the carbon piece I have but I'm not sure wrapping is where I want to go. I'm thinking of making a thin fibreglass shell and flocking over it. I'm determined to cover this boot properly!! It's the only bit of the car I don't like; even the cheapest Dacia has a properly trimmed boot...

Yes, I don't like the parts of the car which shows the exterior colour. In my opinion it makes it look cheap. If you do find a way to cover it I'm interested as I'd soon cover it up! 

• Like 1