Superb III Dashboard Vibration

Superb III 2.0 litre 150 Diesel Hatch DSG, Built July 2015

I've had a dashboard vibration around 1500-2000rpm under load. Been back to the garage five times without success... they've re-routed the heater pipes, tightened a part attached to the bulkhead in the engine bay with a cable-tie, subsequently replacing it with a modified part, and had the dash out and re-sited the heater box. Nothing's made any difference.

Apart from this damned irritation, it's a great car.

I might have to get in touch with Skoda Customer Services to see what they've got to say.

Anyone had this problem and had it fixed?

Do you mean vibration or is it more like a rattle? When I was a kid my father had a vibration type rattle which he thought was under the dash. He removed the top on three occasions without success. One day when I was with him I looked up and saw the sun visor knocking against it's holder. Might be worth a look!

I had a vibration that sounded like it was coming from the glovebox area at 1800 - 2000 rpm under load. It was most noticeable on the motorway when on cruise control gently accelerating or going up hills. I believe there is a known mod to do with the intercooler pipes. It worked for me.

I hope you fix it soon

• 1 month later...

It's just gone in for the eighth time, after I contacted Skoda Customer Services, and they authorised replacement of the heater matrix (dashboard out, for the second time)... it's now about 50% better than it was, but not cured. I think I might have to live with it. :-(

• 1 year later...
On 20/1/2017 at 16:52, Simon-R said:

I had a vibration that sounded like it was coming from the glovebox area at 1800 - 2000 rpm under load. It was most noticeable on the motorway when on cruise control gently accelerating or going up hills. I believe there is a known mod to do with the intercooler pipes. It worked for me.

Hi Simon would you have any more details on this mod to do with the intercooler pipes?

• 2 years later...