Who or what is the biggest threat to SKODA?

ColinD

• 2 weeks later...

I'm upgrading from a VW Up to a Yeti.

Previous cars were a Volvo 850 estate, then a Prius (for the petrol auto), so I tend to go my own way with car choice.

Got an Up te,porarily after a change in circumstances, but need something with better ground clearance for all the speed bumps.

I like the square Yeti styling, I don't like the Juke angles. Mokka and Qashqai are ok, but everyone else seems to have those.

A lot of people seem to like the phone connection features for music and internet sharing, and actual driving is a secondary thing.

Ideal car would be a Tesla 3 if I had a charging point nearby.

If it wasn't a Yeti, then maybe a Seat Ateca. 

Edited by cootuk
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
31 minutes ago, Chelseacraig said:

Nah trump 

He is a nutter, but probably less likely to invade Eastern Europe than Putin

1 minute ago, Chelseacraig said:

True

Of course Trump may not know where eastern europe actually is and think it is next to north korea and try bombing it

• Like 1

He has been visiting Ex and present wives families there and has enough 'Investors' from Eastern Europe & then the US has enough build up of armed forces there.

'Friends & Customers' of The Donald are flying enough Fracking Machinery and other stuff to Eastern Europe / Countries Bordering Russia & the Ukraine.

That along with how many Eastern & Central European employees on minimum wages he has in his UK & Irish business's as well as guests using his Golf  Resorts 

that have their wealth from Eastern European Countries he does know his geography.

Having the German Grandfather should also give him a bit of knowledge of the countries just a bit east of the Trump's Home Land.

• Administrators

Actually Trump might be... my theory is as VW rep tanks in the US; because the electric golf advert won't save them... Then Skoda will be sent to the US as a new untarnished brand and good $$ sales. That's why they are positioning it above SEAT imho.

So Trump risk, import duties/tariffs to protect FORD et al.

• Like 2

The VW Plants are in the USA already, so once Skoda start building the Light Hybrid & then full EV's in those facilities the Donald will be happy as a sand boy.

The Greatest thing ever to happen for North America as a Deal with Germany.

Only thing is he will not be the President of the Greatest Country in the World by then.

Two questions, "VW rep tanks" = ? & do VW have any plants in the US or have they already de-amped to Mexico?

Their Golf plant in Pennsylvania went many years ago & Mexico builds some &/or all of the models sold in N. America. 

If Trump does shut down NAFTA, then the American Motor Industry will be peeved, they have been building & exporting large numbers

of vehicles from Canada, as well as Mexico.

DC  

Without NAFTA I suspect Americans are going to have to get used to higher priced cars and trucks.......unless U.S. wages are suppressed.

Not much of an international threat re exports either, surely.

• 4 months later...