Dieselgate in France

nomdeplume

Do any readers of this blog in France have any information on what might be happening to collectively get some form of compensation for the dieselgate scandal?  I know that consumer rights in France have always been behind the curve, nevertheless something should be happening.  Thanks

• 8 months later...
On 2/2/2017 at 09:19, nomdeplume said:

I know that consumer rights in France have always been behind the curve, nevertheless something should be happening.

That's actually a mixed bag...

Anyway, I think that here too there's some kind of action being taken, despite the fact that (AFAIK) there's not really such a thing as a class-action suit.

Have you googled searches like "rappel EA189" focusing on hits in French? One of the first I got was an article about how VW force users to sign a waiver if they refuse the update.

I'm due for the contrôle technique at the end of the month. I'll put up some feelers with the guy doing the work, if he knows anything about possible (short-term) consequences for cars not having had the fix. Last time (2y ago) they explained to me that they couldn't test emissions on VWs anyway because the engine has a rev limiter when stationary. I haven't yet been able to learn if that limiter is gone after the fix.

Either way, all communication I've received to date has been with regular mail, not signed-for (recommandé). That means they'll have a hard time proving I received a formal and binding notification that I'm obliged to get the car fixed. (I've had recalls from Guzzi that were, for relatively trivial things like "your OEM topcase could fall off while riding" - I don't even have such a topcase.)

• 1 month later...

Action by Uk solicitors for a large group of VW Group owners following Dieselgate there are other solicitors doing it but these seem to have the biggest group.I'm really concerned about the public's perceived drop in value of "fixed" cars and the stigma of driving an "unfixed" car poisoning people and the planet yet if VW had retro fitted ADDBLUE as someone has done in one instance in Germany (think its on utube) problem might have gone away....

Good luck with your search.

Edited by john999boy
Link removed
  • Confused 1

Anyway, I had my 2-yearly MOT-equivalent at the end of last month. I asked whether they'd be able to distinguish "fixed" cars from non-fixed. The answer was no, and the operator even went so far to say that "don't go fussing about it if you don't hear anything [in a way you can't ignore]". (The latter bit being a reference to the fact that recall notifications that are NOT sent by registered mail can get lost anywhere.)

2 hours ago, Headinawayoffski said:

Did your search not find posts on UK Vehicles and owners to spam with a Solicitors link rather than a Post about vehicles in France?

I object to the words spam  as far as putting down an e mail address we use to try and get justice for our cars.We don't get commission for the reference. Makes me think well i won't waste my time commenting or helping anyone on here!!! I just put "diesel gate" on the search.

I don't use Briskoda very often as i part exed my Skoda for a VW Passat so go on their forums,to try and understand what are the options for our vehicles.

We have had massive problems with two Passats one which was "fixed" one which was exempt,because it is younger and not an affected engine but dpf and sensor failures meant that Up till a week ago VW garages had our newest car in garages for longer than we owned it.Its driving style before we got it we suspect may have been short trips but cannot substanciate. (end August 2017 until now we owned it).

• Like 1

EDIT,

?

How are the Class actions getting on with the Solicitors representing owners in England / Wales, 

or those Solicitors representing the ones in Scotland & those in Northern Ireland?

Chris Grayling MP & Michael Gove MP do not seem to be getting on with doing much about anything with the VW Group.

There is a pinned thread up above on this page, about 4 other threads in this section, threads in every section with models that have Euro5 TDI's, 

a thread in the News / Announcement section, in General Maintenance and in the help section.  

Pretty well covered really since September 2015.

Edited by Headinawayoffski