Combi Rear Bumper Protector - Black Plastic

Dealer agreed to provide Rear Bumper Protector - but apparently couldn't get one, I left the car in today to get wind deflectors fitted etc and it came out with a badly fitted clear stick on protector, (complete with air bubbles) . I was not impressed.

Does anyone know if a Rear Bumper Protector - Black Plastic is available , preferably as a "skoda genuine part" (as the dealer would suggest)

• Like 1

Not black but chrome ? They say its a genuine part ? 

http://www.superskoda.com/Skoda/SUPERB-III/Superb-III-Combi-massive-stainless-steel-rear-bumper-protective-panel-original-Skoda-Autoas

Couple of others listed there as well but all either chrome or brushed effect. 

1 hour ago, SuperbIRL142 said:

Does anyone know if a Rear Bumper Protector - Black Plastic is available , preferably as a "skoda genuine part" (as the dealer would suggest)

I doubt you'll find a Genuine Škoda part, AFAIK they don't make them. I had an excellent third-party ABS protector on my S.2 Combi but feel it's not a requirement on my S.3 Hatchback.

A simple search will throw up some possibilities. Here's a couple I came across but there's more out there...

A cheap and cheerful black foil protector, but probably not what you're looking for.

This may be more in line with what you want.

I've fitted a 'rearguard' one to the missus's Yeti and its excellent - fits well with high quailty 3M tape and looks OEM. In fact I'd say it looks more OEM then the OEM 'chrome effect' one for the Yeti which to me looks a bit 'aftermarket'! It went back to Skoda for some warranty work on the interior and even the dealers were impressed with it.

If you do get one MAKE SURE ITS IN THE RIGHT PLACE before you unleash the tape. Its not coming loose anytime soon if you get it wrong, you'll have to saw it off with dental floss and start again with new tape :-)

I've fitted a Superskoda one, black, on the back of my FL O2 Combi and it's been there for 5+ years and no problems. It was there for protection from the dogs and it's done a brilliant job so far. Edwards point is v.valid. Get it in the wrong place and it's a T**T of job to get it sorted. Have just fitted a rearguard one to swmbo's Yeti, for the same reason, and looks good. Both came with 3M tape and neither are going anywhere soon.

I fitted a Rearguards black plastic protector to my Mk11. It was excellent although the plastic does scuff. I echo edwards' comment....measure three times, fit once!

This is Rearguards' Skoda page:

http://www.rearguards.co.uk/index.php?app=gbu0&ns=catshow&ref=skoda&sid=x3760042jn5d38i51573g1d675j7226u

When my Mk2 was ordered I specified the clear foil protector, and it was added to my order at cost. The salesman said that he was roundly cursed by the servicing team as it was an absolute b*****r to fit without air bubbles.

For my Mk3 I have a Superskoda stainless steel one but have yet to fit it.

• Like 1

Not Skoda but an interesting product (and range of products from this Czech shop), I'm waiting for one of the brushed ali combi ones as well as a set of rubber mats that are currently in the Swiss Customs:

http://skodadop.com/en/superb-iii/eksterer-superb-iii/page-2

I think this may be the one you are looking for...

http://www.superskoda.com/Skoda/SUPERB-III/Superb-III-Combi-rear-bumper-protective-panel-from-Martinek-Auto-GLOSSY-BLACK

I bought it myself for the hatchback model. Haven't put it on yet, just waiting for a day that I can go at it and a few other items. Not a actual skoda original part but it is specific to the car

Edited by BennyS3

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, SuperbIRL142 said:

thanks guys

had a matt black plastic one on my mk2 , .... worked great. but cant get one for the mk3 :(

Try www.rearguards.co.uk, I have their black plastic one fitted to my S3 combi, and it looks great, looks like it is part of the bumper.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, markmuddimer said:

I like the look of the rear guard from rear guards does anyone have any pics fitted?

I will post some pictures later today when I get a chance to take some

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SuperbIRL142 said:

Inoffski  that is exactly what I looking for

where did you get it ?

Hi

I got it one from www.rearguards.co.uk. Well made with quality 3M double sided tape to attach it with.

I marked out the position of the guard with masking tape before sticking it don to ensure that I got the protector fitted in the right place 

• Like 1

Skoda themselves appear to produce a combi rear bumper protector for the S3, but it's only available in a silver colour - part number 3V9 061 195

See the Czech site under S3 accessories (it's all in Czech of course complete with picture and part number)

5 hours ago, revneth said:

Skoda themselves appear to produce a combi rear bumper protector for the S3, but it's only available in a silver colour - part number 3V9 061 195

See the Czech site under S3 accessories (it's all in Czech of course complete with picture and part number)

Yes, it's in this Australian brochure: http://www.eastern-elsharkawy.com/NEW_Superb_Accessories _2016.pdf

I like the look of it, it's just the sort of thing I'm after. I can't see any UK stock or reference to it. I'll probably order one of the Superskoda ones soon, I just wish I could see a better picture of them - even better if it was a photo of one fitted to a car!

• Like 1

In new developments, I believe that rearguards.co.uk can supply the following steel cover for the Superb Estate for £51.91 including VAT and delivery:

http://www.sklep.avisa.pl/product-pol-723-SKODA-SUPERB-3-KOMBI-Nakladka-listwa-ochronna-na-zderzak-tylny.html

I think I'll order one next week (you have to ring rearguards to order) - I'm not 100% sure about it, but it's not a huge cost and if I don't end up fitting it I'll just sell it on or Ebay it...