Octavia VRS 245 Revealed

10 minutes ago, Isocrem said:

The reality is, whether its 180 200 or 220, I run out of driving talent (and balls ) before I need to use anywhere near all of the horses! I know my limits :)

I run out of the ability to control my bowels :D 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, glosrich said:

How much power do you need on our congested, speed camera covered roads?

I've recently gone from a car with 420ps to a 1.4TSI Octavia with 140ps - and still get stuck in traffic jams and worry about speed cameras B)

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, SWBoy said:

I've recently gone from a car with 420ps to a 1.4TSI Octavia with 140ps - and still get stuck in traffic jams and worry about speed cameras B)

Which is exactly why I bought the VRS 230 instead of a Megane 275 ... Much easier to live with :D

This year I'll hopefully be sticking an Eibach Pro-Kit, Milltek and remap on the 230 - should get it up to 245 standards.

Still find it very odd that the standard VRS has the 6 speed DSG and the 245 has the 7 speed. Oversight, or done on purpose? Surely an extra 15ps and 20Nm doesn't justify the upgrade?

Surprised they got the new 7 speed DSG box! I thought it was a letdown when the Golf GTI facelift was announced with the 7 speed and then the facelift VRS was announced with the same 6 speed as before. Big plus for the new 245 vs the standard 230 model.

3 hours ago, glosrich said:

I'm pretty sure my 1.2 110 pumps out 220......lol

How much power do you need on our congested, speed camera covered roads?

Maybe on YOUR congested and speed camera roads, not up here though. Plenty of room up here, trust me as an ex Hayabusa owner! 

Although the facelift is a bit wrong looking the photos of the 245 look pretty good. Price has gone up a little bit too from what I see.

Whis going to sign up to be an early adopter beta tester, sorry I mean owner of the first production run ;)

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ExSEAT said:

Maybe on YOUR congested and speed camera roads, not up here though. Plenty of room up here, trust me as an ex Hayabusa owner! 

Although the facelift is a bit wrong looking the photos of the 245 look pretty good. Price has gone up a little bit too from what I see.

Whis going to sign up to be an early adopter beta tester, sorry I mean owner of the first production run ;)

It does look pretty good once you get over the new face... however the facelifted Leon looks good also, and that 300PS 4WD ST version B)

I havent seen the new Leon, to be fair if the local dealer was doing the reveal in my back garden I would close the curtain. They are a hateful bunch to deal with and I hated my mk3 leaon with a passion!

The BMW straight 6 is a fantastic bit of kit, diesel or petrol. And the fuel econamy is better than the vag 2.0d and the petrol 340i isent far off. You can get some cracking deals on pre reg cars, i am just coming to terms with how much mine has lost in a year, its scary.

Edited by Alpha2110
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, themanwithnoaim said:

The only problem with buying a BMW is you then become a BMD driver not something I wanna be know as.

It's really not that bad... Always enjoyed surprising people by actually using my indicators. Nice selection of free drinks, snacks and iPads to play on whilst waiting for a service to be done, too!

15 hours ago, ahenners said:

The 330D engine is an absolute peach though. Probably one of the best diesels out there. I loved my N57 with 245ps.

I loved my E60 5 series (pre LCI 218ps 30d), although the economy was cack! 

I really want the new 5 series when my Octy lease is finished, however the 30d will be in the stupid new higher tax band, so can add another 300 odd quid a year as it's list price is over £40k. Ridiculous.

520d it'll probably have to be I think. 

Anyway, back on topic - I actually think the FL vRS looks very nice, new 7 speed DSG will make it more economical too. Surely can't be long now before the Superb gets its facelift.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, vtec to vrs! said:

I loved my E60 5 series (pre LCI 218ps 30d), although the economy was cack! 

I really want the new 5 series when my Octy lease is finished, however the 30d will be in the stupid new higher tax band, so can add another 300 odd quid a year as it's list price is over £40k. Ridiculous.

520d it'll probably have to be I think. 

Anyway, back on topic - I actually think the FL vRS looks very nice, new 7 speed DSG will make it more economical too. Surely can't be long now before the Superb gets its facelift.

The N57 did improve on fuel consumption compared to the older M57 you had. I guess the 3 is smaller and lighter too. Round town it was still 25-30mpg, but once warmed up it wasn't difficult to get close to 40mpg with 50mpg do-able on the motorway. In fact, the best I ever saw was 56.5mpg on a longer trip, which was incredible for a car that could crack 62mph in 6 secs!

Agreed with the new silly VED scheme, it's a shame you'd have to settle for a 520d when the 6 cylinders are so good.

Screenshot_20170204-124143.png

• Like 1