ACC Post Installation

Hi,

I bought my car without ACC because the dealer didn't know how to add it to the purchasing program, he couldn't find it and I was saying that it should be there....  anyway, my car is without it. 

Does someone know if it is possible to install it now, once I have my car. This same dealer has told me that is not possible due to safety reasons with radar... but I don't belive him..

Yjanks

I think it will be more expensive than adding just a cruise control, but I don't expect to spend a lot. Maybe someone has done it or is also in the same case as me

I would agree with @999pooch, the cost will be massively prohibitive.

You would need the components, cabling between them, coding and calibration etc All the systems would need to talk to other and the engine ECU.

It's much more sophisticated than standard cruise control.

1 minute ago, daveo138 said:

Is there a way to make ACC work like standard cruise control?

I really do not like it at all. 

No.

It's ACC or nothing.

What don't you like about it.

9 minutes ago, Coops said:

No.

It's ACC or nothing.

What don't you like about it.

Where do I start?  It just doesn't suit my driving style and there are so many things I don't like about it. 

I dislike it so much that I was almost tempted to order an 'S' model, with standard cruise and add some extras to bring the spec up.  However, I didn't think I'd be able to live with the 1.6 engine. 

Apologies for for the thread hi-jack!

Edited by daveo138

2 minutes ago, daveo138 said:

Where do I start?  It just doesn't suit my driving style and there are so many things I don't like about it. 

I dislike it so much that I was almost tempted to order an 'S' model, with standard cruise and add some extras to bring the spec up.  However, I didn't think I'd be able to live with the 1.6 engine. 

I struggled at first, but really like it now. Perhaps it works better with the DSG than a manual? 

1 hour ago, Kote said:

Hi,

I bought my car without ACC because the dealer didn't know how to add it to the purchasing program, he couldn't find it and I was saying that it should be there....  anyway, my car is without it. 

Does someone know if it is possible to install it now, once I have my car. This same dealer has told me that is not possible due to safety reasons with radar... but I don't belive him..

Yjanks

I am stuck at why the dealer didn't know how to add it... 

2 hours ago, Kote said:

Hi,

Yjanks

If the car has not been delivered, and depending where it is in the build line, can you not get a competent dealer to add the system?

Complain to Skoda ES?

I love ACC, even with a manual it's great, but suspect with DSG even better. One of the reasons I came back to Skoda was for the ACC and the way it suited my driving.

6 hours ago, daveo138 said:

Nuthin wrong with a 1.6 on a 'S' spec... ;)

• 1 year later...
On 3/2/2017 at 15:02, Kote said:

Hi,

Yjanks

On 3/2/2017 at 22:25, MCG1975 said:

Nuthin wrong with a 1.6 on a 'S' spec... ;)

Edited by Seirios

I have the same problem but in a little different situation. And my car arrive (in Greece) from the factory without ACC even if i have chosen from the begining because the dealer confuse the PLI code for ACC with PL1 code for leather car seats (and now i have black lether seats :angry::angry::angry:). After some excuses from them has told me that is not possible to install it and to split up the difference equally from extra cost of leather (1200 euros). :@:@:@

Edited by Seirios

The ACC is brilliant in my opinion.

Also the fact that u can also set how aggressive or laid back it is - i.e. distance between u and the car in front.

Combined with Active Lane Guidance, it activates the Traffic Jam Assist function automatically, making traffic jams a breeze.

On 3/2/2017 at 17:27, Bud said:

If the car has not been delivered, and depending where it is in the build line, can you not get a competent dealer to add the system?

Complain to Skoda ES?

I complained to SKODA ES but they forwarded me to the dealer, as I bought the car there. No solutions.

On 1/5/2018 at 10:42, Seirios said:

I have the same problem but in a little different situation. And my car arrive (in Greece) from the factory without ACC even if i have chosen from the begining because the dealer confuse the PLI code for ACC with PL1 code for leather car seats (and now i have black lether seats :angry::angry::angry:). After some excuses from them has told me that is not possible to install it and to split up the difference equally from extra cost of leather (1200 euros). :@:@:@

I'll try this year in another dealer. Since I ask for it almost 1 year ago, something should have change. Many other cars are getting this ACC function without pre installation, but ours have it, as it is working with the Front assintance function radar is working and actuating on brakes... so the main difference is that speed is limited up to 60km/h (front assist) instead of limiting it to 160km/h and adding the function of speed + distance regulation. 

9 hours ago, flyingpigvrs said:

There should be a 'mode' button on the bottom of the acc stalk (there is on mine). This turns acc off and makes cruise control 'normal' 

Isn’t the alternative mode just a “max speed” limiter that prevents the car from exceeding the set speed? You still need your foot on the accelerator. 

I reckon the reason you can’t have traditional cruise control if you’ve got ACC is that [VAG perceive] there would be a risk you’d think you were on ACC but be on standard and plough into the back of something.

4 minutes ago, Ivan8192 said:

Isn’t the alternative mode just a “max speed” limiter that prevents the car from exceeding the set speed? You still need your foot on the accelerator. 

I reckon the reason you can’t have traditional cruise control if you’ve got ACC is that [VAG perceive] there would be a risk you’d think you were on ACC but be on standard and plough into the back of something.

I'll have to be honest and admit I've only pressed it once. I had acc active when I pressed it and I recall the message acc deactivated appear on the screen. I don't recall the car starting to slow but I may be mistaken.

I've got the opposite problem. Last week, on a journey, got a fault message flash up telling me the Front Assist and ACC were not available. Lovely sunny day, no muck on sensor. Took it into my dealer today who tell me they can't fix it. Apparently needs to be recalibrated and a large white wall is essential -  which they haven't got.   So now trying to fix an appointment with another dealer who will need the car for 2 days!. Only just a year old - is this a common problem or have I just been unlucky?

John M

You´ve just been unlucky. I had the same warning on my Superb once, where a bug sized as a small bird (well, allmost) had splashed all over the radar. After a good cleaning it worked again. The radar is not likely to drop the calibration unless it´s hit by something - so just bad luck.

7 hours ago, GaSelle said:

You´ve just been unlucky. I had the same warning on my Superb once, where a bug sized as a small bird (well, allmost) had splashed all over the radar. After a good cleaning it worked again. The radar is not likely to drop the calibration unless it´s hit by something - so just bad luck.

Thanks.  We killed a few flies on the journey, but I'm not aware of anything substantial hitting the sensor and there are no marks. It just appeared to stop working. Appointment fixed for Monday, so hopefully all will be well after that.   I like the ACC!

John M

• 3 months later...

Same thing has happened to me, 3 months owned (ex demo) 2017 Skoda Superb Estate - first time using ACC, after approx 300 miles and stopping for a break - 'Front Assist unavailable' on restarting engine and hence no ACC. Definitely no impact or anything over sensor or any other discernible cause. Computer diagnostics suggest recalibration for which I need to pay £460! Skoda not interested as say out of warranty. How can this have happened?