What goodies have you bought for your Superb III?

Nothing very exciting I'm afraid for my estate. Limited to just:

Travall dog guard. Excellent, bit fiddly to fit, and one of the braces doesn't seem to sit very tight but the whole thing is secure and squeak-free.

Travall rubber boot liner. Excellent, but as I don't have the variable boot floor (too impatient to wait an extra 6 weeks just for this) it sits up a bit at the back. I suspect it would be 100% with the variable boot floor.

Skoda Superb rubber mats front and back. Excellent, perfect fit as you'd expect from an 'official' accessory.

There's a theme here, and it's not that I have a rubber fetish! I live in a rural area, surrounded by mud, and own an often muddy dog... :biggrin:

Edited by CheshireBumpkin
Too quick to post!
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, CheshireBumpkin said:

Nothing very exciting I'm afraid for my estate. Limited to just:

Travall dog guard. Excellent, bit fiddly to fit, and one of the braces doesn't seem to sit very tight but the whole thing is secure and squeak-free.

Travall rubber boot liner. Excellent, but as I don't have the variable boot floor (too impatient to wait an extra 6 weeks just for this) it sits up a bit at the back. I suspect it would be 100% with the variable boot floor.

Skoda Superb rubber mats front and back. Excellent, perfect fit as you'd expect from an 'official' accessory.

There's a theme here, and it's not that I have a rubber fetish! I live in a rural area, surrounded by mud, and own an often muddy dog... :biggrin:

Fantastic stuff! Thanks for taking the time to post. I, on the other hand do not have a dog or a rubber fetish :) 

Deffo want something to protect my key fobs (either silicone or leather pouch) and a good hatch bootguard.

I also want to see what coding tweaks I can get via VCDS with a fairly standard Sportline. Ive tried reading the related posts but can figure it out (must be an age thing!)

Will have to make another post for that.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, markmuddimer said:

Fantastic stuff! Thanks for taking the time to post. I, on the other hand do not have a dog or a rubber fetish :) 

Deffo want something to protect my key fobs (either silicone or leather pouch) and a good hatch bootguard.

I also want to see what coding tweaks I can get via VCDS with a fairly standard Sportline. Ive tried reading the related posts but can figure it out (must be an age thing!)

Will have to make another post for that.

Yeah, the car does smell a little rubbery....

I think there's a recommendation for a key pouch in the thread that deals with the power boot lid being accidentally opened. Not a fan of the leather version myself, I'd prefer something like a silicon skin that wouldn't add too much bulk.

I'd like a protector for the top edge of the rear bumper (dog again - bound to scratch it at some point) but I'm far too scared of screwing up a DIY application. Unless dealers start offering and fitting ones like the Superskoda version, I'm not sure what the answer to that is for me...

1 minute ago, CheshireBumpkin said:

Yeah, the car does smell a little rubbery....

I think there's a recommendation for a key pouch in the thread that deals with the power boot lid being accidentally opened. Not a fan of the leather version myself, I'd prefer something like a silicon skin that wouldn't add too much bulk.

I'd like a protector for the top edge of the rear bumper (dog again - bound to scratch it at some point) but I'm far too scared of screwing up a DIY application. Unless dealers start offering and fitting ones like the Superskoda version, I'm not sure what the answer to that is for me...

Thanks, I noticed the leather one but like you would like a silicone version. I dont see any available for the new key fob. 

I noticed the clear protector for the bumper. I know a lot of good detailers will do it for you but I have no idea on cost. I saw someone fitting a full front bumper version on a Porsche the other day at Reep in Leicester where my car is headed tomorrow.

• Like 2

So far I've bought:

Rear LED indicator bulbs

LED reverse bulb

LED CREE fog bulbs

LED bulbs for boot lights and glove box

Transmission tunnel cover for the rear

Key pouch for KESSY fob (for the reason given by ChesireBumpkin)

A few detailing products for it's initial clean/protection.

I still need to get a boot liner but I'll have to wait until I get my pocket money at the end of this month. I'll be getting this one; I've had one in my current and previous cars and they're great:

http://www.roofbox.co.uk/scripts/rbvehsel4_tab.php/car-specific-accessories/rezaw_plast_boot_liner_black_no_rz231528/Qx%40w%2C6M4%2CME}%40nkCu5P5zqBAFEhN}2}3K4P01KgvT%2C`Cm7MAAD7rDnnG{PByf0uiG}XZD}rCiGMIQiY.qGu08U

I just need a car now :)

Edited by penguin17
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, CheshireBumpkin said:

I fitted a bumper protector from www.rearguards.co.uk to my Superb Combi - relatively easy to fit, just try it without removing the backing from the double sided tape first and mark it out using masking tape. They do a few different finishes too. I have the plain black one.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, penguin17 said:

So far I've bought:

Rear LED indicator bulbs

LED reverse bulb

LED CREE fog bulbs

LED bulbs for boot lights and glove box

Transmission tunnel cover for the rear

Key pouch for KESSY fob (for the reason given by ChesireBumpkin)

A few detailing products for it's initial clean/protection.

I still need to get a boot liner but I'll have to wait until I get my pocket money at the end of this month. I'll be getting this one; I've had one in my current and previous cars and they're great:

http://www.roofbox.co.uk/scripts/rbvehsel4_tab.php/car-specific-accessories/rezaw_plast_boot_liner_black_no_rz231528/Qx%40w%2C6M4%2CME}%40nkCu5P5zqBAFEhN}2}3K4P01KgvT%2C`Cm7MAAD7rDnnG{PByf0uiG}XZD}rCiGMIQiY.qGu08U

I just need a car now :)

Wow you have been busy! What colour S3 are you waiting on? I'll look up the bootliner.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, markmuddimer said:

Wow you have been busy! What colour S3 are you waiting on? I'll look up the bootliner.

Business Grey sportline hatch.  Will be collecting on 4th March :)

Edited by penguin17
  • Like 2

So Far: -

Rear LED indicator bulbs

LED reverse bulb

LED bulbs for boot lights and front door puddle lights (from superskoda)

LED glove box light

Street Guardian V3 Dash Cam

Universal cut to fit boot mat - £15 Amazon

Auto Finesse Tough Coat paint sealant.

• Like 1

That reminds me I forgot to mention that I am having my S3 Gtechniq coated (CS Black + Exo) with Glass coated (fully Alloy coating too) & Full interior protection and a black wrap for the roof.

Its certainly emptied my piggy bank this month.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Speedman said:

So Far: -

Rear LED indicator bulbs

LED reverse bulb

LED bulbs for boot lights and front door puddle lights (from superskoda)

LED glove box light

Street Guardian V3 Dash Cam

Universal cut to fit boot mat - £15 Amazon

Auto Finesse Tough Coat paint sealant.

Not looking forward putting the Dash Cam back in to the fuse box. I am hoping access is straight forward.

Where do I start!

19” Vega (SportLine) alloys c/w Nokian WR A4 winter tyres (19” Phoenix anthracite summer wheels)

SportLine FBSW c/w flappy paddles

SportLine alloy pedal covers

SportLine rear diffuser (still on back order)

iPad smart holder

Thinkware F750 F&R dash cams

034 Motorsport Aluminium dog bone mount insert

Heko wind deflectors (still not sure about these)

Passat heated fan jet washer nozzles

All non Xenon / factory fit LED bulbs have been replaced with LED’s  (front fogs, rear indicators, reversing lights, glovebox, boot, door warning lights)

Private plate, c/w Briskoda plate surrounds and pressed metal plates

Mud flaps

Gtechniq Crystal Serum coating

Im sure there is stuff I have missed off that list

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Gizmo68 said:

Where do I start!

19” Vega (SportLine) alloys c/w Nokian WR A4 winter tyres (19” Phoenix anthracite summer wheels)

SportLine FBSW c/w flappy paddles

SportLine alloy pedal covers

SportLine rear diffuser (still on back order)

iPad smart holder

Thinkware F750 F&R dash cams

034 Motorsport Aluminium dog bone mount insert

Heko wind deflectors (still not sure about these)

Passat heated fan jet washer nozzles

All non Xenon / factory fit LED bulbs have been replaced with LED’s  (front fogs, rear indicators, reversing lights, glovebox, boot, door warning lights)

Private plate, c/w Briskoda plate surrounds and pressed metal plates

Mud flaps

Gtechniq Crystal Serum coating

Im sure there is stuff I have missed off that list

That is one full list! What do you think to the Gtechniq? Like the sound of the rear diffuser, is that the chrome one? What are your concerns with the wind deflectors?

3 minutes ago, markmuddimer said:

That is one full list! What do you think to the Gtechniq? Like the sound of the rear diffuser, is that the chrome one? What are your concerns with the wind deflectors?

The Crystal Serum is VERY impressive, mine was applied 13 months ago and it is still beading nicely (nothing has been added to the paintwork since the Crystal Serum)

Yes it’s the std SportLine diffuser, IMO the rear ‘needs something’ so this is my best (OE) option.

The wind deflectors certainly do their job but wind noise is increased.

• Like 1

Nothing original, but anyway:

Smart Tablet holder (official)

smart hook (3V0061126 - not sure if I will ever use this one. This could be fatal for the person sitting in the back and I am not sure if the seatbelt would protect the passenger..)

Rubber mats + tunnel mat

boot rubber mat (took it out once for a shake to get the sand/rocks off it - easier to clean)

A car charger with a high output (2x USB ports)

Door bin - I haven't really used it in months.

extra skoda ice scrapers (the green ones that go in the gas cap) - bought and gifted it to people after seeing them they are really good.

ps: I know there is a topic on this, but I am looking for a travel mug that fits in the cup holder.. no contiga's fit as I read from people's experience..

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, radiognome said:

Nothing original, but anyway:

Smart Tablet holder (official)

smart hook (3V0061126 - not sure if I will ever use this one. This could be fatal for the person sitting in the back and I am not sure if the seatbelt would protect the passenger..)

Rubber mats + tunnel mat

boot rubber mat (took it out once for a shake to get the sand/rocks off it - easier to clean)

A car charger with a high output (2x USB ports)

Door bin - I haven't really used it in months.

extra skoda ice scrapers (the green ones that go in the gas cap) - bought and gifted it to people after seeing them they are really good.

ps: I know there is a topic on this, but I am looking for a travel mug that fits in the cup holder.. no contiga's fit as I read from people's experience..

Thanks for posting, think I will have to pick up a scraper for the motor... did one come with your Car?

3 hours ago, radiognome said:

I know there is a topic on this, but I am looking for a travel mug that fits in the cup holder.. no contiga's fit as I read from people's experience..

Five minutes after picking up my new Superb I got pulled over and breathalysed by West Yorkshire police. Someone had reported me as being seen 'drinking from a hip flask'. To the amusement of the cops, it was my Contigo - containing tea. And no, it doesn't fit in the cup holder but it does fit comfortably in the front of the door pocket... :blink:

Edited by CheshireBumpkin

Before getting the car...

• Reversible boot mat.
  • Winter tyres and extra set of wheels.

After receiving the car...

• Replaced rear indicators and reversing lights with Cree LED.
  • RaceChip Ultimate (280 PS to 350 PS)
  • RaceChip Response Control (best thing I've fitted so far)
  • Blackvue dual dash cam with battery pack (still in the box, a recently acquired but non-urgent project that I'll start when it's a bit warmer)

Rubber mats front and rear.

Tunnel cover.

LED door lights.

LED reversing lights.

Front seat covers (Aldi).

Winter alloys and winter tyres.

iPad holder.

Sloping front dog cage.

Fusso Coat White wax.

Full length reversible boot liner with sill protector.

bootmat.jpg

12 hours ago, markmuddimer said:

Thanks for posting, think I will have to pick up a scraper for the motor... did one come with your Car?

It should, but check the car just in case. I heard some people's were missing.

• Like 1

Having seen a bumper protector on a friends AMG Mercedes which I thought was a great idea I have bought one for the new car. This was apparently a Mercedes option but I had to buy a third party one http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/dogs/dog_cages_carriers/car_bed/luggage_area_mats/105617 Working in the construction industry but office based I need to sit on the boot lip to change shoes/ boots (too old to hobble around on one leg) - this time of year I can end up with wet bum, legs and dirty trousers off the back of the car but this device concertinas up and just tucks inside the boot.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, philpix said:

Rubber mats front and rear.

Tunnel cover.

LED door lights.

LED reversing lights.

Front seat covers (Aldi).

Winter alloys and winter tyres.

iPad holder.

Sloping front dog cage.

Fusso Coat White wax.

Full length reversible boot liner with sill protector.

bootmat.jpg

Is that an 'official' place for the parcel shelf to be stowed with the seats down? Clever.